Need new headphones. Headphone bruhs, gtfih

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My minimally cauliflowered left ear blew the hell up this week and I can't fit ear buds in there anymore.
However, cauliflower n the right ear makes it tough for bigger headphones to fit comfortably.
I don't use headphones much, maybe 2-3 hrs a week and when I travel. I'd spend $100-200 if need be. What do I do?

I have these. They're obnoxious and cute. You might be able to attract a new bf wearing these! Good luck xx
1719e3a73b04881a3951109176406e76.jpg

I bought some Jabra Elite Sport Buds but since you cannot fit buds in your ear they would be a no go.

The sound on them is . . . so so at best . . . bought them for the heart rate monitor and V02max testing. Trying to bring down my 5k time - it has a training program (the app).

V-mods crossfires, I love em

I just switched over to open back headphones (beyerdynamic dt 990 pro).
tenor.gif

First pair of good headphones I bought were the Astro A-40’s and still have them 5 years later. Customer service has been top notch, lost a cord and the microphone in a move and they sent new ones for free.

Recently I was showing my uncle PSVR and the plastic band on top snapped as I was putting them on his giant head. Probably more my fault because I was drunk. I had to take the left side apart and reattach a couple wires but they still work fine.

Really could have just got a new pair and if I did I would get the wireless ones but I wanted to see if I could fix them.

ATH-M50x (or I guess ATH-M40x these days) for wired closed cans. They are pretty solid and durable, good clean sound.

on ear or over ear?
closed back or open back or semi open?
wired or bluetooth?

I’ve heard that for active noise cancelling, nothing beats Bose Quiet Comfort 35s.

I bough a set of Sennheisers last year HD4.5 on sale and have been happy with them.

If I was made of money I’d get the Sennheiser PXC 550 set to replace the current ones. They have similar noise canceling and audio but also have a swing down mic so they function as a high quality headset.

Have you tried bone conduction headphones? I’m thinking of giving them a go as I keep getting ear infections from my in-ear headphones.

Back