Need to beat up a guy - training advice.

• Thread starter Deleted member 538955
  • Start date
I love it. If more people settled there issues like this the world would be a better place. Learn a good jab and boxing footwork, headlock defense, and distance management. Good luck to you young warrior

I don't know about you, but I am more of a one punch one kill guy. I would recommend makiwara training.

You can't fight for shit and are gonna get your ass kicked. So you should probably just offer the guy a hand job now and avoid the embarrassment.

If some guy offered you a hand job wouldn't you beat the shit out of him?

Gracie combatives. You can learn online and get grades as well by sending a video.

or go to Gracie-barra and not learn front choke defense before 2nd degree black belt

If some guy offered you a hand job wouldn't you beat the shit out of him?

I'd tell him I'm flattered at his will to submit to my awesome fighting prowess, but would respectfully decline the offer.

I’m interested! We had a local white belt at our gym doing those Facebook street fights, he won all his matches on the streets with a years training but all the guys in the gym mauled him like a child. To be fair his competition was pathetic. Look up “icy mike” on FB. It was/is entertaining though.

Icy Mike starched internet ninja ron collins in a sad feud that I'm sort of embarrassed to even be aware of.

Groin shots and eye gouges are your friend, if he turtles, oil change

Nothing good can come of this. Forget BJJ. Wrestling with focus on Takedown avoidance. There is really no BJJ you're going to learn adequately in such a short time frame. Mayve head lock defense.

There is so much I want to say about what a stupid idea this is that I'm at a loss for words. The best that could happen is that the cops happen to come by when you're about to begin this Exercise in Stupidity and both get arrested.
thats bullshit iv taken guys with only 2 months experience and won beginner year and under grappling tournaments u can learn alot in 2 months especially if you are focused depend son your coach

i think 3 months better off spent on TDD than on the ground grappling. i dont know many people iwth 3 months who are any good at all. sweeping other noobs maybe. even then when you add punches its a whole new ball game. Just TDD and technical standups etc is what i would do if i was a moron preparing for a street fight while being totally unprepared (altho even being prepared makes you a moron in my book)
you have to realize this isnt a 5 minute white belt tournament with 3 months you have developed a decent cardio base as a white belt the other guy has 0 experience and will probably gas within 30 seconds which then the grappler will have free room to do what he wants people today forget what fighting is without time limits bjj is amazing when there isnt time limits time hurts them in mma royce would have lot a ton of fights if wasnt for time limits

Go speak to @spacetime i'm sure he can provide some sage advice, although you will have to post several three second clips, so that he can access your skills.

I find it amusing that people with a propensity to get into planned street fights also don't train.

What is the thought process here? lol

Embrace your inner palhares, cripple a chicken to teach the monkeys

My advice is to learn to fucking fight before challenging people to fights.

And the painful process of learning to fight will show you that you probably shouldn’t fight over stupid shit in the first place.

Nah it really isn't at all. Maybe good enough for a false sense of security before the first gnp blow lands and he panics
Sorry but that's a load of crap. If someone dedicated three times a week for three months they will be vastly more competent than an untrained person. At six months the average white belt can handle someone untrained within a 20 lbs difference. The TS is going to have some more issues since the other person is roughly 44 lbs heavier than him and if a good portion of that is muscle and not just flab he will have a tough time but not impossible. I remember going against new guys that outweighed me by about 40 lbs or more in the first six months and the difference between their first day and after a couple months was huge.

Sorry but that's a load of crap. If someone dedicated three times a week for three months they will be vastly more competent than an untrained person. At six months the average white belt can handle someone untrained within a 20 lbs difference. The TS is going to have some more issues since the other person is roughly 44 lbs heavier than him and if a good portion of that is muscle and not just flab he will have a tough time but not impossible. I remember going against new guys that outweighed me by about 40 lbs or more in the first six months and the difference between their first day and after a couple months was huge.

3x a week for 3 months ready for a street fight in the ground.

Cool story bro!!! First gnp shot that lands is gonn a change whatever low level game plan he thinks he has. You sound like a guy who never trained with strikes to think 3 months prepared you for a having realistic is a joke. The average bjj guy is an unathletic hobbyist. 3x a week for 3 months lol crap indeed

3 months is plenty of time, I would spend it learning basic wrestling techniques like 1-2 takedowns, 1-2 takedown defenses, and positional control.

For getting in shape for the striking part if would put some serious rounds in on the heavy bag. It will improve your fight conditioning while also inproving your speed/power.

This is assuming you have a knowledgable person looking over you to make sure you're not wasting your time/energy with shit tier technique.

Yo, forum, I need to beat up a guy in about 2.5-3 months. I'd been training boxing for some time when I was younger, so I got the basics here - need the conditionning now to be able to move like I used to.

Now, the pb is that the guy is ~20kg heavier than myself and prob will also do some preparation work. Although he has much less boxing xp than me, he is much younger, taller and heavier.

So I was thinking to take some grappling classes for a couple of months. now the Q to you, gents and lassies, will this actually be of a significant help to me? Or a mostly waste of time?

Any other advice? Except bringing a gun to the fight.

Clinch, and knee knee knee...

Back