Need to lose 4-5 pounds by tomorrow morning.

Max Shane

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Alright, I have a competition tomrrow and I need to cut 4 pounds, 5 to be safe. Never done this before, but how careful do I need to be about eating and drinking today? Can I just pretty much lose it overnight and not eat or drink much before bed and weigh ins? Any help at all would be great.

Yeh - don't you wear sweat suit and go to sauna like in TUF? Also not sposed to drink water or something to lose water weight? I have no idea about the water thing though so don't take my word on that. Go to sauna though.

You can lose 5 pounds of water weight easy. Knowing the time of the weigh in and time of the fight would be great.

5 pounds should be easy with just water and not require that much prep time, maybe a sauna, or just not drinking or eating maybe a half day before the event. Just make sure immediately after the weigh in you eat and drink a ton so you have enough nutrients to recover before the actual fight.
Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Fuck I usually weigh 5-10 lbs. lighter every morning.

you will lose a couple of pounds while you sleep (you weigh less in the morning), Don't eat, and Sweat, shit, shave,Piss,spit, and if you don't have a sauna put on alot of clothes, Trashbags if avaliable (cut holes for head and arms) and drive around in your car with the heat blasting, and drink as little as possable until after the weigh in

losing water weight wont do anything major to your figure really... so you're assed out... should have thought of this earlier.

infamy said:
losing water weight wont do anything major to your figure really... so you're assed out... should have thought of this earlier.

i dont know what this guy is talking about... if you need to lose weight to make weigh ins, the 5 lbs. of water weight is the way to go... all of the above suggestions are perfect... i like the one about heat blasting in the car... you burn a lot less valuable calories that was compared to running in a sweat suit.

Munch_Caldwell said:
you will lose a couple of pounds while you sleep (you weigh less in the morning), Don't eat, and Sweat, shit, shave,Piss,spit, and if you don't have a sauna put on alot of clothes, Trashbags if avaliable (cut holes for head and arms) and drive around in your car with the heat blasting, and drink as little as possable until after the weigh in

I would suggest maybe just sitting in your car with it parked as opposed to driving around. If you're dehydrated, or getting dehydrated (ie: losing water weight) then being in control of a very heavy and powerful motor vehicle is not the best idea for the safety of yourself and others.

I laughed at a few of these comments thinking people were making dumbass remarks being sarcastic. As I read on I realized some of you are serious. This has got to be the funniest/most BS thread I have read. Drive in your car with the heater on..lol WTF Then the other guy chimes in to say its not safe sit in your car parked lol This is too much.

I think you should sit in your car with the garage door closed (to keep heat in) leave the car running for a few hours and inhale the fumes while sweating. That should do the trick..lol

Find a girl, have sex for an hour, you should drop at least a few lbs. Seriously...Or a Sauna with a body suit and execise, in for 20 out for 10 for an hour should do the trick. But the sex is much more fun

Invictus said:
I laughed at a few of these comments thinking people were making dumbass remarks being sarcastic. As I read on I realized some of you are serious. This has got to be the funniest/most BS thread I have read. Drive in your car with the heater on..lol WTF Then the other guy chimes in to say its not safe sit in your car parked lol This is too much.

I think you should sit in your car with the garage door closed (to keep heat in) leave the car running for a few hours and inhale the fumes while sweating. That should do the trick..lol
Is it really that hard to be serious?

All these ideas are good. Just eat and drink lightly the 2nd half of the day. Maybe do a little light exercise. Tomorrow before you weigh in squeeze every last drop of piss and terd you possibly can out of yourself. When you wake up you should be at least a pound or 2 maybe 3 lighter than when you went to bed.

If you have to go to a sauna if you can't do that wear a lot of clothes and just sit around to sweat. If you drink water make sure it is ice cold. Your body uses more energy to try to heat up the water to match your body temp.

Let us know how it goes.

Edit: this thread was made 4 days ago. Damn I wasted all that time typing that out.

Or better yet, sex in a rubber suit in a car with windows closed and the heat on and the sun blasting into the sunroof. In a sauna. On a treadmill in the car. While sleeping.

K?

Shotokan777 said:
I would suggest maybe just sitting in your car with it parked as opposed to driving around. If you're dehydrated, or getting dehydrated (ie: losing water weight) then being in control of a very heavy and powerful motor vehicle is not the best idea for the safety of yourself and others.

O shit, i hope this kid is not in a ditch somwhere in a rubber suit with the heat still running. You are right on about not driveing around

so did u make weight? im in the same dillema...im planning to just eat normal until exactly 24 hours before weigh-in. Then from there, start limiting my water intake upto one glass of water. Spread it out, keep drinking it, until exactly 12 hours before weigh-in. Sleep, wake up, and wait for weigh-in

Why are there so many "amateur fighters" on this board constantly asking anonymous people on the internet advice on weight cutting instead of asking the people who coach them.

You do have coaches right? You're not self trained right? What do your coaches think you should do?

Back