ROBOCOP RETURNS (Lands Little Monsters Director)

Cool. But fuuuuuuuuuck. Why Robocop and not Alien? Dammit.

The original is a bona-fide classic, which stands the test of time & could hold its own against movies coming out today.

It's pretty incredible how well this movies are even today. I watched both of them maybe about 4 years ago and they were still fucking amazing movies. The only thing I liked about the new one was that he moved fast never enjoyed the way Robocop moved so slow but whatever.

Stand the test of time against movies today? That's really not saying much.

But yeah, Robocop is badass and endlessly watchable.

I love that Blomkamp is pushing for Peter Weller. Say yes, petey boy!

Blomkamp's concept art alone was better than the last five Alien-related movies put together.

Love Robocop 1 and 2.. really disliked 3 and the 2014 sequel or reboot what ever it is.

I'm down to see what Neil can do with it.. in before Paul Verhoeven comes in and takes the project from under Neil lol.

Love Robocop 1 and 2.. really disliked 3 and the 2014 sequel or reboot what ever it is.

I'm down to see what Neil can do with it.. in before Paul Verhoeven comes in and takes the project from under Neil lol.

I hear Paul has some great ideas. Apparently Miguel Ferrer's grandfather invented robots and Kurtwood Smith's great-great grandfather invented humans.

If Keva Rosenberg doesn't make an appearance, there's no point in Robocop returning.

[yt]

This fucking sucks. I want a new predator. A new aliens. And a new Robocop. And Friday the 13th

But we can't have them cuz of whining bitching fans of the 1980 movies. This is why we can't fucking have nice things.

The new Friday the 13th wasn't even that bad.

Instead we get nothing but prissy shit like moonlight, la la land and captain marvel

Since it is a movie made after we have been "woke", is it a woman Robocop?

My confidence is at an all time low with this one trick pony director, but I'll reserve judgement. It seems right up his alley, and basic enough for him to pull off.

Just leave the social commentary out of it, and have some fun.

EDIT - Whoops. Didn't realize this was bumped for Blomkamp dropping out. Ah well.

My confidence is at an all time low with this one trick pony director, but I'll reserve judgement. It seems right up his alley, and basic enough for him to pull off.

Just leave the social commentary out of it, and have some fun.

EDIT - Whoops. Didn't realize this was bumped for Blomkamp dropping out. Ah well.
Do people forget that the first movie is chock-full of social commentary? It's as much a satire as it is an action movie.

Do people forget that the first movie is chock-full of social commentary? It's as much a satire as it is an action movie.

Didn't forget it at all. "District 9" was an amazing movie with so many layers.

Then he tried to do it again...and again...and again...

It was like a guy who told an amazing joke one time and got laughs from everyone, and tried to replicate it over and over, without understanding what made the joke so good in the first place.

One trick pony, that Blomkamp guy.

Because its now owned by Disney, and Covenant bombed.

'Bombed' is often used to mean a movie wasn't well received, when it actually means a movie lost money.

Back