Neiman Gracie vs Ed Ruth joins Bellator Hawaii Dec.15th DAZN

I agree but i'm still concerned. He isn't mixing it together at all. Worried he is going to be thr type of guy who fully commits to striking then fully commits to takedowns. He can do good with that, but i'd like to have seen him adapt to setting up his shots with strikes which he never really showed.

I agree he isn’t mixing it together well. I criticized his overall performance vs Pascu. He almost fell into the same ditch Caldwell did vs Baby Joe with telegraphed takedown attempts and overstayed his welcome on the feet. I thought that fight was a lot closer than Pascu was getting credit for. He looked much better vs Murad.

I would definitely like to see more balance and fluidity but hes only been pro for under 2 years and has 6 fights for a lifetime wrestler. Having watched other lifetime wrestlers like Cormier and Woodley from the ground up fluidity and other aspects don’t seemly come. Ruth thinks he’ll always forget more about wrestling than 99.9 percent of the field will ever know. So he’ll likely need a humbling to where his wrestling unexpectedly fails him like it did for Caldwell for him to really look to re-establish it...but right now he’s trying to make an impression with the hands. It’s worked. If he was 6-0 just leaning on his wrestling, maybe he’s not in this tournament.

Back