Net Neutrality is dead, FCC voted to kill it.

no
youre gonna get charged to use certain websites, or your isp making you use certain streaming services (their own, potentially). for example, verizon owns yahoo, so if you have fios they could potentially make you use yahoo as a search engine

Yep get a VPN service and avoid all this nonsense.

I know our countries aren't comparable considering the huge size difference but that seems pretty expensive for what you get.
I pay 35 EURO for 200mpbs download/20mbps upload.
According to the currency convertor I use: 1 EURO = 1,1 USD.
This was on a wireless device across the house from the modem. May be more hardlined

That may not work either.

I don't see how it wouldn't work. Unless ISPs can now break VPN encryption. As long as you have DNS leak protection your good.

Men trade love for sex, women trade sex for love.

You're still deep in the blue pill, Hill.

Trade love for sex? This, combined with your power/control equation for sex, I assume you are into some sick BDSM stuff. Most people who aren't buttplugged hipsters have sex with women out of love. No trade is needed, no power struggle either.

Coupling sex and control is what sociopaths and megalomaniacs do.

Trade love for sex? This, combined with your power/control equation for sex, I assume you are into some sick BDSM stuff. Most people who aren't buttplugged hipsters have sex with women out of love. No trade is needed, no power struggle either.

Coupling sex and control is what sociopaths and megalomaniacs do.

Most men want to get laid, not make love to a soul mate, soy boy. How many times can you lay the same girl?

Most men want to get laid, not make love to a soul mate, soy boy. How many times can you lay the same girl?

Non psychopathic men have sex with women casually without asserting power or control over women, you oddity.

You seem to be arguing that non sadists are liberal pussies.

Non psychopathic men have sex with women casually without asserting power or control over women, you oddity.

You seem to be arguing that non sadists are liberal pussies.

Who said the man is the one exerting power through sex?

Who said the man is the one exerting power through sex?

"People say everything is about sex at the end of the day, for example, but what is sex about? Besides procreation, it's about power. Control."

I will do you the service of letting you discover for yourself that sadism is no different or less harmful when demonstrated by females.

"People say everything is about sex at the end of the day, for example, but what is sex about? Besides procreation, it's about power. Control."

I will do you the service of letting you discover for yourself that sadism is no different or less harmful when demonstrated by females.
But all women are sadists. And if you think for a moment she isn’t sinking claws into you when you’re bedding her, you’re very inexperienced with women

The Wee Bay gif is not relevant. I'm not espousing some foundational insight, simply the fact that the need to exert power in sexual relationships is a sign of mental and sexual dysfunction.

The Wee Bay gif is not relevant. I'm not espousing some foundational insight, simply the fact that the need to exert power in sexual relationships is a sign of mental and sexual dysfunction.

That's why I posted that gif; it's my way of saying "No shit Sherlock."

You assumed I was advocating power plays in relationships. No, I was warning you that that is real life.

That's why I posted that gif; it's my way of saying "No shit Sherlock."

You assumed I was advocating power plays in relationships. No, I was warning you that that is real life.

You said sex is about power and control, not love. This is the sexual attitude of a masochist.

Why do you insist on making sites being literally shut down the hill on which you'll fight and die?

The more realistic scenario is favoritism. AT&T tries to buy time Warner so they get HBO so that HBO runs at 4K on their network and 720P on everyone else's. Hulu pays Verizon to have higher priority over Netflix on their network. Comcast makes Google pay them to not constantly throttle Youtube. It's stupid. They just want to keep getting paid again for the same service they've already been doing, and they're going to try to deliberately worsen their service in order to then charge for the privilege of not making it so shitty again.

Also, (and not technically NN) see data caps. What's the only reason for them? To force customers who watch a lot of video to pony up for cable instead of remaining cord-cutters.

Corporations are not your friends, and they will fuck you over every chance they get. Simple fact. If they also refuse to compete, we need regulation. Thus, NN. Which again, simply means that it doesn't matter if I'm downloading a Steam game or a movie from iTunes or reinstalling Windows, my ISP shouldn't treat my download differently depending on what kind of info it is. It literally doesn't matter to their system because it's all 1s and 0s. The only reason to differentiate is to try to get paid more than once for performing a service.

Sadly this is the product of Americas weird obsession with extreme libertarianism.....the market will sort it out....I get why some people worry about government interfering in business but ultimately if you do not have government enforcing certain standards and practices why have one at all?

lol US internet about to go stone age

and here I am living in 3rd poorest country in EU with access to 200/100mbit unlimited fibre for 25$ per month (which is cheap even for croatian standards)
before that I was on 120/20mbit unlimited cable for 23~$

guess shit will hit the fan once people realize they will get charged far more for their usual surfing habits..or once they reach their smaller caps much faster and then have an unusable internet speeds unless they pay for more

Lol, I'm in the first poorest country in EU - Bulgaria. And our internet service and infrastructure are one of the best in the whole world. Cheap and fast connection all day. Meanwhile, other richer countries have notoriously shit internet from what I hear, net neutrality or not. It's interesting.

Google, Facebook, and Netflix were once on the forefront in the fight for Net Neutrality.

Now that they're too big too be affected by any ISP, the battle is left to the little guys.

Back