Netflix vs HBO?

Historically, HBO dominated everyone, but Netflix appears to be winning lately, both in the estimation of the people and the critics-- the people especially:
The Best New TV of 2017 & 2018? [IMDb voting]
2018 Emmy's:
emmy-wins-by-network.jpg

2017 Emmy's:
b43a9c0a-d44f-44fc-99a7-b5fb8b4c705a.png
I don't hear anyone talk about Big Little Lies, either. The only new HBO series that has been recommended to me, lately, is Barry with Bill Hader.

Historically, HBO dominated everyone, but Netflix appears to be winning lately, both in the estimation of the people and the critics-- the people especially:
The Best New TV of 2017 & 2018? [IMDb voting]
2018 Emmy's:
emmy-wins-by-network.jpg

2017 Emmy's:
b43a9c0a-d44f-44fc-99a7-b5fb8b4c705a.png
I don't hear anyone talk about Big Little Lies, either. The only new HBO series that has been recommended to me, lately, is Barry with Bill Hader.
Netflix does have some good stuff nowadays

Netflix has more overall content, but HBO has a few shows that I really like, although not much great stuff lately

Unless you haven't seen anything on HBO, I'd stick with Netflix. Its got more variety, and is always adding new movies and shows of all kinds. With HBO, all you get is HBO.

Netflix has more but HBO has some of the best shows of all time. GOT, Deadwood, The Wire, The Sopranos, Rome, Band of Brothers, Curb. Nothing on Netflix even comes close to those shows. Both have their fair share of filler and straight trash programming though. I think I've subbed to Netflix for like 2-3 months in the last 3-4 years.

Netflix (wife and I pay for)
Amazon Prime (my dad pays for)
we swap logins and for everything else there's youtube and my good friends at piratebay

I had both and let go of HBO. They dont have boxing anymore so hbo had to go.

Netflix adds new shit on every week. Its the better pick and its not close

HBO has higher quality content, Netflix has way more content. I would get HBO for a few months, watch all the shows, then switch to Netflix.

I dunno. I pay for all kinds of shit that I have never used. I have HBO but if I go to watch an HBO show I torrent it. :confused:

I have, we'll my parents have Netflix. I use it too heeheehee. Anyhow it has a few good movies and shows, but full of mediocre stuff that I don't care about.

Netflix has more but HBO has some of the best shows of all time. GOT, Deadwood, The Wire, The Sopranos, Rome, Band of Brothers, Curb. Nothing on Netflix even comes close to those shows. Both have their fair share of filler and straight trash programming though. I think I've subbed to Netflix for like 2-3 months in the last 3-4 years.
Most people have already watched all of those shows or could watch them again with Prime. Netflix still has new shit coming out. A lot of new shit. Over several genres. It's the better play over HBO.

Pay for Netflix (for now) Get the rest of my content from the high seas and load it onto Plex.

Never miss a thing. Yarr.

Back