Elections "Progressive" Democrats ramp up efforts to sideline Nancy Pelosi

Wow. Didn't think of it this way. Create your own whipping girl so that your candidate can look like a moderate and against the Dem corporate shilling that hurt Hillary

<TheDonald>

That and she’ll take the heat from the FAR left for not impeaching trump. Though I wouldn’t put it past her to bring/float it right around election time. Anything for a talking point.

As a liberal person of color I cant think of one person who represents me less than this 95 year old Republican in dem clothing white lady.

It's truly crazy to describe her as a Republican in Dem clothing, and your focus on identity politics isn't liberal.

nancy-pelosi-border-wall-600x337.jpg

The eyes, Chico.They never lie.
Bitch is crazier than a shithouse rat.

As a liberal person of color I cant think of one person who represents me less than this 95 year old Republican in dem clothing white lady.
Love them identity politics huh ? Better get someone the same height that went to the same high school and has the same favorite color.

Doubtful. Pelosi is pretty squeaky clean. That she was a person who is a Democrat is really all that underpinned the rabble rousing about her from the Republican base.

The Republicans hate here because she's effective at accomplishing her agenda.

Dems should be smart here and stick with the proven vote whipper

The House should elect someone who protects the entire Bill of Rights.

You know... there is nothing that says the Speaker has to be a member of Congress....

Obama for Speaker imho

I cant find it now but she or someone close to here made a comment about being the speaker but bringing in someone to take over too. Like a deputy type thing or something. I cant find it right now but.....

That might appease some that are clambering for new people in these positions.
Just a thought.
I'll see if I can find it...

I get the idea of wanting someone younger or (@Prokofievian) knee-capping the GOP's ad campaign (would have been hilarious if she declared that she was out of the running right before the election since so much of their ad campaign was based on her). But yeah, her track record is spectacular and there's almost nothing bad you can (honestly) say about her.

Wait are they being raised by "media" or " shows with no good parents " or "pop music" ? You're all over the place man.
Your 35 years of wisdom is telling you that someone a few years younger than you is "throwing away traditional wisdom"?
What media and what shows and music should they listen to so that they may be woke?
My kid doesn't even watch TV. Sports and video games.

Republicans hate her because she is aggressive and has ambition and that coming from a woman is completely undesirable.

These young idiots raised on media will be just as easy to buy as the older establishment politicians, and maybe more so. It's a weird time. Younger people are being raised on media that has no older people doing anything smart or wise; they are being taught to throw away traditional wisdom; no shows have good parents; even no pop-music is made by actual adults etc... I just turned old enough to be president, really, but this youth movement in the left is a little concerning to me. I think the weakening of the West has been orchestrated.
Interesting that Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician among young people on the left.

Last edited:
So Dems are handling Pelosi like Repubs handled Obamacare?

Republicans hate her because she is aggressive and has ambition and that coming from a woman is completely undesirable.
Right because there are no women Republican senators who are also competent at their jobs. Whats that like, being so brainwashed to believe so much dumb shit that clearly isn't true?

Right because there are no women Republican senators who are also competent at their jobs. Whats that like, being so brainwashed to believe so much dumb shit that clearly isn't true?

You don’t hear a peep from the people you claim play a big role in republican politics.

Let’s not forget to mention those traits I mentioned are less desirable coming from a “Lib”

Er, what? Corporate overlords hate Pelosi. She deserves a lot of credit for getting financial and healthcare reform through, which big money vigorously opposed (in fact, a big part of the reason she's so hated by right-wingers is massively funded propaganda campaigns against her).
While I agree that Pelosi is a very effective vote counter, she was also in charge at a time when the party got decimated at the national level, losing something like 1,000 seats.

The energy of the party is in the progressive policy end. If Pelosi isn’t ready to push real statement votes on issues like Medicare for all, she needs to get out of the way, imo.

Interesting that Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician among young people on the left.
Kids liked Ross Perot when I was in high school. *shrug*

Back