Elections "Progressive" Democrats ramp up efforts to sideline Nancy Pelosi

Good, there is slight hope for the current crop of Dems.
Pelosi is a career hack that does not need to be face of the party.

Ugh. Pelosi was a great speaker. If by "hack," you mean that she fights for the interests of her coalition, sure, that's kind of the job. Makes no sense to describe someone like her or Ryan that way. Also note that we're talking about less than 8% of Democrats in the House who are declaring opposition.

Well, it would certainly give the other side a lot less to talk about.

Dude, whoever wins is going to be the devil. It's crazy to me that liberals want to let Republican operatives determine their leadership. I don't recall ever hearing a single Republican saying that they should drop McConnell or Ryan because Democrats dislike them.

Good. Pelosi is essentially the Dem version of mitch McConnell.

A self serving career politician who serves her corporate overlords

Er, what? Corporate overlords hate Pelosi. She deserves a lot of credit for getting financial and healthcare reform through, which big money vigorously opposed (in fact, a big part of the reason she's so hated by right-wingers is massively funded propaganda campaigns against her).

Well, it would certainly give the other side a lot less to talk about.
No shit. In Pennsylvania I saw nothing but attack ads against the Democrats for being "Pelosi Liberals". Got multiple pieces of mail that all said the same thing with robots and pigs on them talking about how the Pelosi liberals were dragging the elections through the mud. I literally saw one ad against Republicans compared to the dozens of attacks by the Republicans, and that one ad was based purely on policy with no name calling where as the Republican ads were all half truths and name calling.

No shit. In Pennsylvania I saw nothing but attack ads against the Democrats for being "Pelosi Liberals". Got multiple pieces of mail that all said the same thing with robots and pigs on them talking about how the Pelosi liberals were dragging the elections through the mud. I literally saw one ad against Republicans compared to the dozens of attacks by the Republicans, and that one ad was based purely on policy with no name calling where as the Republican ads were all half truths and name calling.

And people literally don't even know why they're supposed to hate her. It's madness.

17 Dems isn't very many at all. Hardly seems newsworthy. Based on these stories seems like Pelosi will resume her position as Speaker with little fuss.

And people literally don't even know why they're supposed to hate her. It's madness.
I'm not going to lie, I'm ignorant of her and I'm incredibly distrustful of all establishment politicians, but the constant ads about her with no real substance only made me less likely to be against her. But she must be doing something seriously wrong if the other Democrats are standing against her in today's political climate.

I'm not going to lie, I'm ignorant of her and I'm incredibly distrustful of all establishment politicians, but the constant ads about her with no real substance only made me less likely to be against her. But she must be doing something seriously wrong if the other Democrats are standing against her in today's political climate.

Yeah, I actually remember being pretty ignorant of her and asking people why they hated her so much. No one was really able to answer. The only attempt was that they were mad about her misrepresented quote about the ACA, which didn't make sense since the hatred predated that, and the misinterpretation was pretty easily cleared up.

Doubtful. Pelosi is pretty squeaky clean. That she was a person who is a Democrat is really all that underpinned the rabble rousing about her from the Republican base.
Like I said, the Republicans in Pennsylvania basically ran entirely on "Nancy Pelosi Liberal!" and "Higher Taxes!". It's a little harder for them to keep any momentum if they have to switch their scapegoat.

I’m trying to figure this out is she not progressive enough maybe?

For some on the far left, that's the issue. But she's to the left of the median Democrat. Not sure how much more they can expect.

Raul Grijalva would be a great successor. A man can hope.

Yeah, I actually remember being pretty ignorant of her and asking people why they hated her so much. No one was really able to answer. The only attempt was that they were mad about her misrepresented quote about the ACA, which didn't make sense since the hatred predated that, and the misinterpretation was pretty easily cleared up.
That seems to be pretty damn common in these arguments.

Ugh. Pelosi was a great speaker. If by "hack," you mean that she fights for the interests of her coalition, sure, that's kind of the job. Makes no sense to describe someone like her or Ryan that way. Also note that we're talking about less than 8% of Democrats in the House who are declaring opposition.
The criticisms of her sound even crazier given the fact that Republicans ran against her this election and the House saw a blue wave anyway. I think there's a good case to be made that the election results support her case to remain Speaker.

For some on the far left, that's the issue. But she's to the left of the median Democrat. Not sure how much more they can expect.
I don't know how I feel here. Hillary was too conservative to me but I'm a centrist who leans left so that should be ideal. I just think there's too much folding to the right by the left right now in government, we need someone farther left than me to push the government left a bit more than it is now.

17 Dems isn't very many at all. Hardly seems newsworthy. Based on these stories seems like Pelosi will resume her position as Speaker with little fuss.
Those 17 are part of the vocal fringe group that the party and the media let take control of the narrative. Problem is, even though the progressives largely lost, and the more moderate Dems won, they’re not about to give up the narrative, or the attention.

Those 17 are part of the vocal fringe group that the party and the media let take control of the narrative. Problem is, even though the progressives largely lost, and the more moderate Dems won, they’re not about to give up the narrative, or the attention.

Hmm. How many of the 17 would you be able to pick out of a lineup?

Dude, whoever wins is going to be the devil. It's crazy to me that liberals want to let Republican operatives determine their leadership. I don't recall ever hearing a single Republican saying that they should drop McConnell or Ryan because Democrats dislike them.

That's true. But then again I've never seen a democrat ad like this one

It would at least force them to change the record, and who knows what hilarity might get dredged up.

Story says the left wants "younger blood."

I suspect they mean "less caucasian blood."

As a liberal person of color I cant think of one person who represents me less than this 95 year old Republican in dem clothing white lady.

Back