New boxing glove advice

odene

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been going to more boxing classes and trying to add to my gear. I already have a pair of 12oz lace up twin's that I've used for years. Im looking for a solid pair of bag and pad gloves for under $100. I'm thinking of 14oz for general gym work. I'll buy sparring gloves in the future but until then I'll use the ones provided in The gym.
I liked the all white t3 from hayabusa,
But looking for opinions on that glove and others. Thanks

I had the T3 a few months ago and it's a good glove. I find the Hayabusa's wrist system to be too stiff tho. The padding is a bit "springy" but really protective. Thumb is great too.

But, my "coup de coeur" is the Triumph United Death Adders or Death Star glove.

If you like Thai gloves, Fairtex BGV9 is fantastic.

When you say you had them few months ago. You mean you got rid of them or stopped using them? If so what was the reason?

When you say you had them few months ago. You mean you got rid of them or stopped using them? If so what was the reason?

Stopped using and then sold them.

Prefered my Triumph United gloves and Fairtex BGL7 (same as BGV9 but lace up).

14oz Fairtex BGV9's would be perfect. I seem like a fairtex rep with how much I mention their gloves, but to me they're just one of the best brands around.

Well for Christmas my wife got me the 16oZ all white t3 by hayabusa. I personally started leaning towards the fairtex but got these instead. After trying these on I do agree with opinions that your wrist can't be bent in the clinch. Otherwise they feel Good. Gonna try them at gym today.

Lol to sell mine ? Or find the fairtex?

find fairtex.

muaythaifighting, muaythaistuff and others all have ebay shops. i actually got a pair of authentic winning 12oz lace-ups direct from japan from another seller for a really good price.

I second seabass. Contacted bull sports on Facebook a few months back for some Fairtex MMA gloves. They got back to me really quickly and their customer service was awesome. Delivery was very quick too

For the sub $100 market, from what I have researched in the past week , for western style boxing gloves that is (not so much muy thai), you can't beat Ring to Cage or those SABAS gloves (though they tend to hover at 109$ or a bit more.

I actually just snagged a pair of 12oz Ring to Cage , they are supposed to be like WINNING glove analogs /clones etc...

My other glove are Top Kings SuperStar and Venum Elite's and I still have not been wanting to throw down the 200$ or w/e for Reyes or WINNING, that's why I was looking at SABAS and Ring to Cage.

Those fairtex BVG9 are rated very high too, but apparently they are stiff as well and have small handcompartments, which actually my Top King has and its really annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back