New California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun

Should there be legal penalties for using the wrong gender pronoun?

• Yes. Montetary fine even if accidentally used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Monetary fine if intentional

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You had to know it wouldn't end with gay marriage. It's not enough for the left to get some people the right to do something, they must criminalize anyone who doesn't enthusiastically support it. You may have the right to cut your own dick off, but you don't have the right to punish me if I don't want to call you Mz.
The next step is to punish those people like you and I that don't buy in to the lies and delusions.

You are calling for the government to put the arbitrary desires of the delusional ahead of everyone else's rights. I don't believe that helps anyone. Patients don't have an unlimited right to impose on healthcare providers. So how far do we take this? If a patient demands a traditional treatment that is harmful is the healthcare provider obligated to give them what they want?

What possible harm could happen to a healthcare provider by calling a patient Kobe rather than Eric?

Healthcare providers are bound by some laws at work that others are not. Lots of jobs have legal requirements that apply at work but not outside of work.

The law did not mention treatment in any way. It does not apply to treatment in any way. Why are you bring up treatment?

Plenty, I'm sure. Felon in possession comes to mind. Public university kangaroo courts too, although that's not really a law, but I expect it to be pressed soon.

Felon in possession? Which law exactly and why is it un-Constitutional?

The next step is to punish those people like you and I that don't buy in to the lies and delusions.

The next step is to make not dating/fucking trans people the same as being a KKK racist.

They/Xir/Zer won't be happy just being part of society as it is currently.

Endorsing such a law is the real crime and the perpetrator(s) of the crime should be prosecuted.

What possible harm could happen to a healthcare provider by calling a patient Kobe rather than Eric?

Healthcare providers are bound by some laws at work that others are not. Lots of jobs have legal requirements that apply at work but not outside of work.

The law did not mention treatment in any way. It does not apply to treatment in any way. Why are you bring up treatment?

We should not force healthcare providers to keep track of every nutty idea and preference that a patient has. You are promoting the legal weaponizing of delusion.

Felon in possession? Which law exactly and why is it un-Constitutional?

Almost every state has adopted versions that don't differentiate on the basis of violent/non-violent, which is the only sensible way as far as I'm concerned to avoid an arbitrary deprivation of a constitutional right. Dudes that write false checks, sell dime bags, or take dumps in mail boxes shouldn't be stripped of a right that "shall not be infringed" absent a compelling interest, when there is a clear and justiciable alternative (the distinction of violent crimes) that I think more accurately and narrowly resolves that compelling interest without producing absurd results (a canon of constitutional avoidance).

Some may disagree, but I think illegal dog breeders and college kids got with X being deprived a constitutional right for the rest of their lives is an absurd result.

Almost every state has adopted versions that don't differentiate on the basis of violent/non-violent, which is the only sensible way as far as I'm concerned to avoid an arbitrary deprivation of a constitutional right. Dudes that write false checks, sell dime bags, or take dumps in mail boxes shouldn't be stripped of a right that "shall not be infringed" absent a compelling interest, when there is a clear and justiciable alternative (the distinction of violent crimes) that I think more accurately and narrowly resolves that compelling interest without producing absurd results (a canon of constitutional avoidance).

Some may disagree, but I think illegal dog breeders and college kids got with X being deprived a constitutional right for the rest of their lives is an absurd result.

I agree with all that. So is the 2nd defending itself on this? Those aren't new laws are they? Bottom line, how long until it self-corrects? :cool::D

They have crazy wild fires destroying homes as they work on this law ? CA politics is just so out there...

I agree with all that. So is the 2nd defending itself on this? Those aren't new laws are they? Bottom line, how long until it self-corrects? :cool::D

Sadly, that has been oft challenged and litigated, and has withstood. It's settled constitutional law on the limits of the 2A, or rather the discretion of the legislative branch to cut into it with govt interest.

Sadly, that has been oft challenged and litigated, and has withstood. It's settled constitutional law on the limits of the 2A, or rather the discretion of the legislative branch to cut into it with govt interest.

Can you identify any current laws you feel are un-Constitutional and might be overturned sometime soon?

Can you identify any current laws you feel are un-Constitutional and might be overturned sometime soon?

Trump travel ban, maybe. Idk the status of that Israel divestiture bill, but that seemed blatantly unconstitutional if it passes. Ummm, I thought I read about a school district banning anthem kneeling but I'm not privy to the details. Nothing really jumps out atm.

Fuck anyone who thinks it should be a misdemeanor to knowingly give someone a lifelong expensive disease, yet puts limitations upon free speech. Jerry Brown can walk backwards naked though a field of dicks, or as California now calls it, the MoonCornWalk.

Trump travel ban, maybe. Idk the status of that Israel divestiture bill, but that seemed blatantly unconstitutional if it passes. Ummm, I thought I read about a school district banning anthem kneeling but I'm not privy to the details. Nothing really jumps out atm.

Well nice chattin' with you.

We should not force healthcare providers to keep track of every nutty idea and preference that a patient has. You are promoting the legal weaponizing of delusion.

These Healtcare providers manage to keep track of multiple medicines, medical conditions, and food preferences by law. The good ones also help track of kids and grandkids names, preferred seats in the cafeteria and favorite TV shows. Often these things are written on the doors and charts of patients. Remember these are long-term care facilities where patients and staff are often together for months or years.

Honestly, if you are not smart enough to remember to the preferred pronoun of a long-term patient you are not smart enough to work around patients. If you don't care about patient wellbeing enough to try to get it right you shouldn't work around patients.

Also, everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that they must be acting intentionally. Intentionally aggravating a patient is poor healthcare. Literally, the only thing they have to do is try.

Fuck anyone who thinks it should be a misdemeanor to knowingly give someone a lifelong expensive disease, yet puts limitations upon free speech. Jerry Brown can walk backwards naked though a field of dicks, or as California now calls it, the MoonCornWalk.

The law was passed to Bring AIDS in line with other diseases. I think they should have increases the penalty on all the others like Herpes and Hepititas.

Meh, it says for health care professionals to call patients by their preferred pronouns. And if they “willfully and repeatedly” don’t they get in trouble.

As a conservative I don’t think this is much to cry about. It’s generally a good idea not to taunt patients in general and while in care they should probably be catered to, as technically they are paying for the care.

Mentally unstable people should probably be addressed in a way that won’t agitate them, probably for the good of whoever is taking care of them.

drip, Drip, DRIP

This is how it always begins.

Again, the emphasis is on "willfully" the law only requires that the provider try to get it right. The patients would have to prove that the provide was acting intentionally.

This is a simple enough thing to note on a patients chart along with the many other things on there.

You say, "get it right." Isn't understanding reality and biology their job? Getting it right means calling things correctly. There are only two genders. These are doctors who are governed by science and reason, and the government now wants them to play pretend or go to jail.

WHAT THE FUCK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back