New Efforts

Dropped in a few times of late. Don't think I'm restarting my log full time, but figured I'd drop an update.

Running a heavily modified 5/3/1, fairly consistently over the last year. One main feature is doubling the normal top AMRAP set and rarely deloading:
Bench+Assistance
Squat+Assistance
off
Pendlay+Assistance (Rep scheme 7/5/3 as opposed to 5/3/1)
Front Squat+Assistance
off
Press+Assistance
Dead (Conventional)+Assistance (1 High Rep Day, 1 Day Heavy Doubles, 1 Day Heavy Singles, Repeat)

Some highlights:
Bench - 325x3/3
Squat - 425x8, 465x2/2 (unwrapped)
Pendlay - 265x6/5 (I absolutely love Pendlays, my back has grown leaps and bounds)
Front Squat - 345x6 Maxed at 385 a few months ago, should smash next. Applying 5/3/1 to Fronts has paid off big
Press - 195x3/3 Still sucks. Push Press - 245x1
Deadlift - 535x2, 575x1 Switched back to training conventional. 10lbs away from pulling 6 plates.
Still fat at 240.

I saw the question posed in the main what happened to the forum. I just think forums have lost their value to other platforms and the wealth of information available online. You can get the two things: community and information, from better platforms.

As to logs, props to those who keep putting them out there. I feel like we're all more eager to log and share when we're progressing and/or peaking, such as me now.

Good to see you're still plugging away, I remember you from years gone by. Keep at it!

Back