New equipment advices needed

On amazon found them for 130 USD.. is a little expensive, maybe in Thailand they cost less.

I was thinking also to Casanova Boxing gloves, price is fair 120-130 USD shipped. But I've read some review that are not super protective...

Not trying to hijack thread, but I saw BGV9 mentioned earlier. I contacted Fairtex USA to ask if the minor change version would be suitable for sparring, as everyone says they are way too hard to spar with.

Their reply was:

"Jon,

Both versions are good for sparring. They just need to be broken in first. Out of the bag, they are too stiff to spar with right away. Once you break them in with some pad and heavy bag work, they work great for sparring.

Regards,

Customer Support
FAIRTEX USA"

Any truth to this or they just tryna sell me some gloves?

Not trying to hijack thread, but I saw BGV9 mentioned earlier. I contacted Fairtex USA to ask if the minor change version would be suitable for sparring, as everyone says they are way too hard to spar with.

Their reply was:

"Jon,

Both versions are good for sparring. They just need to be broken in first. Out of the bag, they are too stiff to spar with right away. Once you break them in with some pad and heavy bag work, they work great for sparring.

Regards,

Customer Support
FAIRTEX USA"

Any truth to this or they just tryna sell me some gloves?
They're just trying to sell you gloves...

I think they're trying to sell you gloves, but honestly, if the foam will soften (not break down) then maybe what was proposed will work. The old horsehair gloves... you couldn't even make a fist before breaking them in. An old trainer told me that they took forever to break in, but once they did, they sparred in those gloves. Gloves used to be packed with hair. You would sweat them in and work them on the bag til they formed to your hands. Would apparently last forever (I have several broken in pair from that generation), but never friendly for the opponent's face.

That same old trainer said that they used to trick the younger kids to starting the breaking in process. I have a few of the old Tuf Wear gloves that have never been used.

I am not advocating a return to those old horsehair gloves btw.

On amazon found them for 130 USD.. is a little expensive, maybe in Thailand they cost less.

I was thinking also to Casanova Boxing gloves, price is fair 120-130 USD shipped. But I've read some review that are not super protective...

I got mine from muaythaigoods.com people there seem really helpful, website has the prices etc as well

I got mine from muaythaigoods.com people there seem really helpful, website has the prices etc as well

I have seen on both shop that they don't have any faritex BGL7 16oz boxing gloves available but is a pre order. When you bought them was a pre order or they had gloves in stock?

If it was a pre order how long did take?

Mine where pre order I messaged them via whats app and they told me what colours they had in stock at the time. I ended up wanting one that was pre order I think in total took around 3 weeks to get them in hand

Got mine from Bull Sports Direct (you can message him on Facebook). Super fast shipping and great prices.

seems Fairtex BGVL7 bag gloves are very popular here.... but I read some reviews taking bad about hand protection on heavy bag.... I'm heavy and have some hand issues, can I use them 100% safely

seems Fairtex BGVL7 bag gloves are very popular here.... but I read some reviews taking bad about hand protection on heavy bag.... I'm heavy and have some hand issues, can I use them 100% safely
You will not find 100% anywhere. Just get the gear and try it out for yourself.

Hii,

Maybe i am too late. But i have other opinion. For bag gloves maybe you can try cleto. It have good wrist protection, solid, and not soft. If you want little bit soft, you can try venum giant 3.0. I am very surprise with giant series, very different with other venum series.

And if you use for mma, you can try hayabusa tokushu or t3. The glove very flexible, and really help if you want to clinch or grappling.

I have 16oz Death Adders my absolute favorite gloves damn near perfect fit for me especially after breaking them in. Disappointed because I recently bought 14oz Death adders and my right glove is near perfect feel especially on the bag/mitts but my left glove didn’t break In Properly because the feeling of the thumb is pretty bad especially during hooks. Took them on vacation for some training and each left hook on the mitts were painful...wishing I could get a replacement left glove because the right glove is perfectly fine ☹️

Back