New Gov't Data: 53,000 DACA Recipients Already had an Arrest Record When DACA Status Was Granted

Sure: we have plenty of crime already without importing more.

Here's the key point you didn't mention: from the start, President Obama could have excluded those with multiple arrests from the DACA program.

Instead he let them in, and now well over 2,000 criminals have had to be removed from the DACA program due to convictions of serious crimes including murder, rape and human smuggling. These are crimes that would not have been otherwise committed inside our borders.

I have a better idea, let's treat everyone like an individual, including those accused and convicted of crimes.

I have a better idea, let's treat everyone like an individual, including those accused and convicted of crimes.
Sure, why have any eligibility restrictions at all? No need to filter the group at all. Each person is an individual. A convicted murderer might be a really great guy and deserving of protected status.

Am I doing this right?

Sure: we have plenty of crime already without importing more.

Here's the key point you didn't mention: from the start, President Obama could have excluded those with multiple arrests from the DACA program.

Instead he let them in, and now well over 2,000 criminals have had to be removed from the DACA program due to convictions of serious crimes including murder, rape and human smuggling. These are crimes that would not have been otherwise committed inside our borders.
I did not speak to that. I merely wanted us to be aware of the fact that these people may be more excellent than us, the general population, and we should keep that in mind.

Pertaining to records, one arrest is too many for me, misdemeanor or otherwise, and I don't care if that isn't fair relative to the native/legal population. These people are competing for the most desirable citizenship in the world. One tiny mistake? Whoops! Sorry, that's our divider. That guy over there didn't fuck up. He didn't drive drunk even though 17% of the people who live here have. So he gets the spot.

That's how competition works, and make no mistake: our immigration process is a competition-- a ruthless one.

Perhaps more Americans are finally waking up to that truth. I think many Mexican-Americans are waking up to their "immigration privilege": the innate advantage of being born on land contiguous to the USA with easy access via travel over it. The Hmong enjoy no such privilege.

I did not speak to that. I merely wanted us to be aware of the fact that these people may be more excellent than us, the general population, and we should keep that in mind.

DACA recipients are substantially less likely to have college degrees than the general population, adjusting for age.

Pertaining to records, one arrest is too many for me, misdemeanor or otherwise, and I don't care if that isn't fair relative to the native/legal population. These people are competing for the most desirable citizenship in the world. One tiny mistake? Whoops! Sorry, that's our divider. That guy over there didn't fuck up. He didn't drive drunk even though 17% of the people who live here have. So he gets the spot.

I agree with this and the rest of your post.

Last edited:
DACA recipients are substantially less likely to have college degrees than the general population, adjusting for age.
That's a bullshit statistic that indicates nothing of substance without deeper context.

Also, I don't care to suffer a million Trump supporters suddenly pretending they value higher education as a metric of success. They've made it pretty clear they're down with Robespierre.

Sure, why have any eligibility restrictions at all? No need to filter the group at all. Each person is an individual. A convicted murderer might be a really great guy and deserving of protected status.

Am I doing this right?

<{vega}>

How does that remotely make sense based on what he said? Ever auditioned for anything before where you had to make a first cut? That was probably the part where they were evaluating you as a group. As the group gets smaller, you then get more granular.

So no, you're not doing it right.

Isn't that a good thing in the trump bot play book since higher education is all liberal marxist indoctrination?

No all guns, you never know when they might take a life.

All life is precious.
That would be the equal to me saying that all mexicans need to leave the country, which I have not implied. Try again.

That's a bullshit statistic that indicates nothing of substance without deeper context.

It's a bullshit statistic as in...you don't believe it to be true? You think I'm making it up?

As for your second claim, I'm skeptical of degrees and schooling as a proxy for excellence. But you are the one who was using the wishy-washy "excellence" language, which many people tend to associate with schooling. I think your readers would have a clearer idea of what you're referring to if you would define your terms.

Also, I don't care to suffer a million Trump supporters suddenly pretending they value higher education as a metric of success. They've made it pretty clear they're down with Robespierre.

You're rambling again. No one mentioned Trump supporters.

Last edited:
Isn't that a good thing in the trump bot play book since higher education is all liberal marxist indoctrination?

Not sure. Maybe we should contact a Trump bot to find out. Know any?

Not sure. Maybe we should contact a Trump bot to find out. Know any?

Yeah.
@Johnny Mac @bobgeese

Is higher education liberal marxist indoctrination?

giphy.gif

@waiguoren wants your confirmation.

<{vega}>

How does that remotely make sense based on what he said? Ever auditioned for anything before where you had to make a first cut? That was probably the part where they were evaluating you as a group. As the group gets smaller, you then get more granular.

So no, you're not doing it right.

@Rational Poster said we should treat everyone as individuals. It's hard to understand what he meant in this context.

I suppose he meant that it is wrong to talk about DACA recipients as a group. But that seems silly since We the People, through our representative (President Obama), are the ones who defined this group. The group of the DACA eligible was defined as those illegal aliens who were born before day X and arrived in the US before day Y and who meet other qualifications Z.

If we can create standards for entry into the group (so that we don't give protection to bad actors), why can't we look back at the group in retrospect and see where we went wrong?

1 out of 26 had a DUI? That's a ratio of 3.84% of all of these DACA recipients.

If we applied that only to adults in the USA (245.3m) we would have over 9.25m people with a DUI on their record, and if we applied it only to licensed drivers (222m), it would still be ~8.4m total people. How does that shake out?
https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-people-in-the-US-have-a-DUI-DWI-conviction

Looks like this DACA group is roughly 1/5th as likely to get a DUI as the general population. Let's remind ourselves of these larger truths while we put these people under the microscope.

The microscope isn't nice to anyone. There is a panacea for the best place to be for any person in any place at any time: not-under-the-microscope.
you're mixing up stats, one is arrested, the other is convicted.

and even if true, committing less crime isnt a reason to stay in the country on taxpayer's dime. Sure, if they were making rather than taking, you can turn a blind eye, but that isnt the case.

How many I wonder have criminal records originating in Mexico that don’t show up in our American system

The worthwhileness of college depends entirely on your major, and the cost of the university you choose.

And if you don’t think schools are pushing the leftist narrative on kids you’re an idiot.

There you go @waiguoren per Bobby. So @bobgeese since per @waiguoren DACA kids are less likely to go to college, then that's good right? Don't need those kids getting indoctrinated anyway!

Back