New Jersey Bill to Limit Magazines to 5 rounds or less.

They mention that civil liberties remain restricted on the site. Their economic freedom, regulatory burden, intl trade etc, however, is on par with some of the freest in the world.

Call the index out on its methodology if you want, but its not likely that they worked backward to find the highest GDPs per cap and messed around with the data to fit in economic freedom to correlate.... that would seem rather odd.

It's a ranking of "economic freedom" in their own terms, but Singapore is the perfect example of how that definition doesn't equate to small or non-intrusive government.

It's a ranking of "economic freedom" in their own terms, but Singapore is the perfect example of how that definition doesn't equate to small or non-intrusive government.

In terms of economic freedom it does, which was what @Trotsky was taking issue with. Political freedom and economic freedom aren't necessarily commensurate with one another.

In terms of economic freedom it does, which was what @Trotsky was taking issue with. Political freedom and economic freedom aren't necessarily commensurate with one another.

No, it really doesn't. "Economic freedom" in Singapore's case didn't mean small government in economic matters either.
The Government kept wages low through state run "trade unions" and a National Wages Council. That, alongside Singapore's geographic advantage as an entrepot, was how they micromanaged the economic growth.
Now they mostly do it through "Goverment-Linked Corporations" or GLCs (partially or fully owned by Temasek). The Government doesn't publish data on these State Owned Enterprises which operate in telecommunications, media, public transportation, defense, port, gas, electricity grid, airport operation, banking, subway, airline, consumer/lifestyle, commodities trading, oil and gas engineering, postal services, infrastructure, and real estate.
This is not "small government".

If you live in New jersey and this is a issue you care about I suggest you contact your state representative.

A655: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bil... Contact these 2 reps who have sponsored this bill:

Annette Quijano: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/...

Mila Jasey: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/...

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A1000/655_I1.PDF

4 This bill revises the definition of “large capacity ammunition
15 magazine” to reduce the number of rounds of ammunition a legal
16 magazine may hold in this State.
17 Under current law, it is unlawful to own or possess an
18 ammunition magazine that is capable of holding more than 15
19 rounds of ammunition.
20 This bill would reduce the maximum capacity of a legal
21 ammunition magazine in New Jersey to five rounds.

Borring meh.
Its like they want you to go World War1 style with the old springfield shooting .30@06

Well yes and no. They just restricted mag capacity on a specific 22 rifle (can't recall which one). Handguns are also allowed 10 round mags. If some long guns accept 10 round magazines from handguns then those mags can be used in those specific long guns. We have some weird workarounds on specific firearms. Clear as mud, right?o_O
What. 22 did they do that to?.

I knew that other stuff but that was way more than I was willing to type on my phone. Handguns already fall under the restricted class so I wasn't really including it.

What's the reason for different rulings on rim Fire vs centre fire?
Canadian gun laws don't make a whole lot of sense. You will hurt your brain trying to figure that out.

As a fan of. 22lr I'm glad it doesn't apply.

Also, I just realized that Exception was conflating automatic and assault weapons. LOL @ swinging your dick around on this subject when you can't differentiate automatic firearms from a silly pseudo-class of weapons based on how scary they look.

I've posted pictures, on multiple occasions, of my arsenal, on this very site. I've forgotten more about firearms than you're capable of learning. Go back to pretending you've held a job in your life.

I've posted pictures, on multiple occasions, of my arsenal, on this very site. I've forgotten more about firearms than you're capable of learning. Go back to pretending you've held a job in your life.

Remember how I asked you if you were capable of making posts with literally anything other than insults and unsupported claims?

80% of Singapore's residents live in public owned housing on long leases. The Govt decides who lives in each community to ensure racial segregation can't occour. That sure doesn't sound like your sort of freedom.

Just need to start carrying a 454 casull revolver and stagger the load with three hollow and three fmj. If they want to limit the amount of ammunition you can carry then make sure the ammunition you carry is powerful enough to ensure a kill the 1st time you hit the torso wherever you might hit it or likely to lead to the lose of a limb in event you hit one.

henceforth, new jersey magazines shall be known as pamphlets...

Yes, anyone that can afford to get a gun trust and afford a transferable pre 1986 machine gun can get a machine gun.

Same with destructive devices, with the right license you can buy whatever you want as long as you pay the 200$ tax stamp.

If bill gates wanted a bazooka, he would have it. Machine guns? that's nothing more than a filled out form 4.

It is irrelevant how you feel about it, if you are okay with it or not, because it is a fact that bill gates can get weapons the average person simply cannot afford access to
Dear lord there is NO license for NFA items. It's a tax, and a background check; the EXACT check that happens when you fill out a 4473.

The thing is around the time the NFA was implemented the supreme court ruled a tax on newspapers was unconstitutional because the government couldn't tax a constitutional right.
Just need to start carrying a 454 casull revolver and stagger the load with three hollow and three fmj. If they want to limit the amount of ammunition you can carry then make sure the ammunition you carry is powerful enough to ensure a kill the 1st time you hit the torso wherever you might hit it or likely to lead to the lose of a limb in event you hit one.
NJ restricts hollowpoints I believe. Also most 454s are 6 shot... 500 S&W are 5 shots.

Or get a 45-70 BFR by magnum research

Take you “freedomz” someplace else. We don’t want your “freedomz” here

This may be the most telling thing you've ever said on this forum.

It'll certainly be the only thing you've ever said that I will ever remember.

From now on, when I interact with you and your kind, I'll remember you're the ones who would sacrifice any liberty for a bit of comfort.

Dear lord there is NO license for NFA items. It's a tax, and a background check; the EXACT check that happens when you fill out a 4473.

The thing is around the time the NFA was implemented the supreme court ruled a tax on newspapers was unconstitutional because the government couldn't tax a constitutional right.

NJ restricts hollowpoints I believe. Also most 454s are 6 shot... 500 S&W are 5 shots.

Or get a 45-70 BFR by magnum research
I was talking about destructive devices, my understanding was you needed a license, but ive also barely looked into them because a) i dont need grenades/ flash bangs and b) no one would sell me one :(

i realize with machine guns its nothing more than paying the huge amount for a RR/RDIAS/RLL and that small tax

Back