New job offer in the middle of medical leave?

NeverKneel

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So I had a minor medical procedure done and my doc told me to just take it easy from work for a few weeks and included a doctor’s note for the troubles. I would essentially, be out for two more weeks.

I had accepted a new job offer a bit before my medical leave and after having done all pre-employment testing and passing it (it took a while for all tests to get done and for the results to be received by the new employer), they have now scheduled me for my orientation on Wednesday.

Both jobs are not physical in nature per se and are more akin to desk work, per se. I would like to tell them ASAP of the situation but I am not sure exactly how to go about it. I’ve even considered roughing it up and just going back to work before the end of the medical leave, so as to give a two week notice and possibly end on good terms.

What would you guys recommend to be the best course of action in order to not burn my bridges with the old employer when telling them I am on my way out?

What line of work and what exactly makes this new job offer so appealing.

Also, when you say you had a “procedure” it sounds like you had genital warts removed....

What line of work and what exactly makes this new job offer so appealing.

Also, when you say you had a “procedure” it sounds like you had genital warts removed....

Lol! The new line of work would be as a job developer and helping prospective clients with job training and job placement with temporary agencies for employment. My present job is as a dispatcher for a hauling company. The pay is much better and there is more of an opportunity for job advancement at the new place versus the place I am at right now.

I had a gastric sleeve (due to my sleep apnea) and a removal of a hernia.

Lol! The new line of work would be as a job developer and helping prospective clients with job training and job placement with temporary agencies for employment. My present job is as a dispatcher for a hauling company. The pay is much better and there is more of an opportunity for job advancement at the new place versus the place I am at right now.

I had a gastric sleeve (due to my sleep apnea) and a removal of a hernia.

Well if the new job has better long term opportunities which it seems like it does, I’d say that you should go for it but be careful (you know this), it may be worth talking to the current employer and just being straight up, putting in your 2 weeks and offering to help train a new hire. Be gracious to them and remain professional up to the very last minute of your employment there and no matter what, don’t bad mouth them tomanubldy ANYBODY. Not saying you would but don’t do it.

Also stop lying, it was genital warts right???

back to work, hand the notice in and leave on good terms & walk into new post with a bit of karma

Seems like a totally different line of work so no need to worry about them in the future, I'd just tell them you got a new job and you start in two week. I'm sure they will understand, it a better job simple as that.

No one shpuld be mad when N employee quits for a better opportunity. Just follow the quitting procedure and all is good.

Back