New Korean MMA News and Discussion

TOP FC Featherweight champ Min Gu Lee, Han Seul Kim, and last minute replacement Jung Bum Choi fought at PXC 54 this morning. Full event available here

Some clips
Min Gu Lee with a nice leg kick....to the head and some elbows

Min Gu Lee with the leg kick TKO

Very shitty stoppage, dick kick and dozens of back of the head shots. The ref fucked this all up

Riley Dutro with the big KO

Han Seul Kim brutalizing Frank Camacho

TOP FC finally announced their next event, will take place on September 11th.
Featherweight champ Min Gu Lee will defend his title against the undefeated Seung Woo Choi. ROAD FC, M-1 and Spirit MC vet Sang Soo Lee returns from the military to take on former PXC champ Roque Martinez. DEEP JEWELS champ Ji Yeon Kim is also expected to make her 2nd appearance for TOP.

Nice, Top FC is back.

KTT needs to book a fight for Yoo Jin "hello kitty" Jung. She went 0-3 in 2014, then 2-0 last year, but now it's been a year since her last fight.

Nice, Top FC is back.

KTT needs to book a fight for Yoo Jin "hello kitty" Jung. She went 0-3 in 2014, then 2-0 last year, but now it's been a year since her last fight.
Yeah I'm not sure what is up with Hello Kitty. She was competitive in those 3 losses against very solid competition too. Hopefully she can make it onto this card otherwise she is likely stuck waiting for awhile.

Too bad KTT and the people at Road FC don't get along. I mean, I get it, they run "rival" fight promotions, but at this point, Road FC is way bigger, and KTT fighters can't wait around for the too few Top FC events.

As far as I know TOP FC contracts are pretty open ended, many of the fighters take fights elsewhere. Most of KTT's top fighters end up in PXC after awhile.

I do wish TOP would work with ROAD though. I get that TOP is more about sending fighters to UFC while ROAD wants to be a major player and there's something between some of the gyms but they would have some deep divisions if they at least shared some fighters.

As far as I know TOP FC contracts are pretty open ended, many of the fighters take fights elsewhere. Most of KTT's top fighters end up in PXC after awhile.

I do wish TOP would work with ROAD though. I get that TOP is more about sending fighters to UFC while ROAD wants to be a major player and there's something between some of the gyms but they would have some deep divisions if they at least shared some fighters.

Rizin should get on this and have some Top v Road matches.

RIZIN should worry about themselves and I doubt TOP would care to work with them, I don't think ROAD is even really committed to the whole alliance thing.

Having multiple promotions in Korea to choose from is probably better for the fighters but it really hurts the division strength of both. If they were to combine we could have something along the lines of (not including possibilities that may be possible through TOP's co-promoting with Kunlun Fight):

WMMA - Ji Yeon Kim, Jung Eun Park, Ye Ji Lee, the DEEP JEWELS fighters that often fight in ROAD, Xiaonan Yan, Yoo Jin Jung

Flyweight - Nam Jin Jo, Min Jong Song, Farmon Gafarov, Mikihito Yamagami (if he is even still fighting), Kai Asakura, Kyu Sung Kim, Yeon Soo Kang, Joo Hwan Kim, Jung Bum Choi

Bantamweight (the most interesting division, tons of talent) - Kwan Ho Kwak, Min Woo Kim, Yoon Jun Lee, Soo Chul Kim, Yuta Nezu, Heili Alateng, Ik Hwan Jang, Zhikang Zhao, Je Hoon Moon, Shoko Sato, Hyung Geun Park, Jung Hwan Ahn, Won Jun Jang, Han Bin Park, Myung Gu Kim, Jae Hyun So

Featherweight - Soo Chul Kim, Yoon Jun Lee, George Roop, Mu Gyeom Choi, Thiago Silva, Marlon Sandro, Seo Doo Won, Young Gi Hong, Hiroto Uesako, Tuerxun Jumabieke, Hyung Soo Kim, Min Gu Lee, Seung Woo Choi, Young Gwang Choi, Sung Won Jo, Sung Hwa Han, Dong Gyu Kim, Won Il Kwon, Shoko Sato

Lightweight - A Sol Kwon, Albert Cheng, Kyung Pyo Kim, Bruno Miranda, Kwang Hee Lee, Shinji Sasaki, Won Sik Park, Seung Yeon Kim, Chan Sol Park, Jung Min Kang, Gyo Pyung Hwang, Michael Ahn

Welterweight - Kiyoshi Kuwabara, Batmunkh Burenzorig, Sung Chan Hong, Sung Won Son, Han Seul Kim, Takenori Sato, Jung Hwan Cha (currently ROAD's MW champ but the title fight was his only MW fight, normally a WW)

Middleweight - Young Choi, Dong Sik Yoon, In Jae La, Jung Hwan Cha, Riki Fukuda, Minowaman, Eun Soo Kim, Jae Young Kim, Jae Young Ahn, Sang Soo Lee (he fights everywhere MW and up)

Light Heavyweight - Zilong Zhao, Roque Martinez, Doo Hwan Kim, Sang Soo Lee

Heavyweight/Open Weight - Hyun Man Myung, Mighty Mo, Aorigele, ROAD is pursuing Jerome Le Banner and Peter Aerts for their upcoming Open Weight Grand Prix, Hong Man Choi, Mu Bae Choi, Carlos Toyota, Da Un Jung, Jun Soo Lim, Roque Martinez, Sang Soo Lee

Working together would give them one of the best Bantamweight talent pools in the world and give them solid Featherweight, Flyweight, and Middleweight divisions and a few promising female prospects. Then they have the Heavyweight division with some aging stars that can still pull a lot of viewers.

Last edited:
Former ROAD FC champ and UFC fighter, Yui Chul Nam, was a guest recently on a show that had celebrities train under the Korean national wrestling team and compete in Freestyle wrestling. Comedian Hyung Bin Yoon who had a fight for ROAD (he won with a nice KO) is also in the episode.
Full episode

Nam's match

Last edited:
7-1 prospect, Kyu Sung Kim, will fight for HEAT's vacant Flyweight title at HEAT 38. He will face former HEAT BW champ Takeshi Kasugai (he vacated for this title shot at his preferred weight class). Kasugai is a top 10 Flyweight in Japan right now so it's a big test for Kim. Kim though is coming off of a win over former RUFF and current Kunlun Fight champ, Meixuan Zhang, so this is a good step up.

ROAD FC vet Young Bok Kil is back for the first time since DEEP DREAM Impact NYE 2014 and is now training out of Korean Zombie's gym. He will make his TOP debut vs former OPBF boxing title challenger and veteran of Gimme Five (one of the first ever Korean MMA promotions, 90's pop star Lee Sang Min had some hand in it, I'm not exactly sure to what degree he was involved though. The events took place in a bar/club of the same name) Pan Soo Kim who is also coming off a lengthy time away at TOP FC 12.

Byung Hee Lim (won a season of ROAD's Crying Fist show) vs Sung Hyun Kim of Team MAD's Ulsan branch was also announced.

Last edited:
If anyone finds a link to watch the TOP FC event, please post it.

If anyone finds a link to watch the TOP FC event, please post it.
It's airing somewhere (I will have to look it up later and see if there's a stream for it). I know the guy that handles the Korean database on Tapology has contact with Michael Ahn at Korean Top Team who is fluent in English and has confirmed streams before, I'll see if we can get something from him.

Also UFC signed Macedo so idk if Ji Yeon Kim will be off of TOP FC 12 or if they will find a replacement. The full card is completed other than a possible Ji Yeon Kim fight.
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/41086-top-fc-12

Team MAD vs Korean Zombie MMA in the Han Guk Jung vs Jun Young Hong bout

I found this to be very interesting. The ladies currently signed to Road FC all training together.
Lim So Hee, Nam Ye Hyun, Lee Ye Ji, Hong Yoon Ha, Kim Hye In, Kang Jin Hui. Noticably absent is Park Jeong Eun.

What I found really crazy about the above post is that a few weeks ago, I was thinking to myself "It's a shame most of those girls train around the country, with probably no other girls to train with. Even though they'll have to face each other, it's gotta be good for them to train with other females."

Always weird when people come up with the same ideas independently of each other.

Ji Yeon Kim is off of TOP FC 12 completely. They were going to bring in Raika Emiko as a replacement but she got injured before the announcement. The event is airing on SPOTV (SPOTV+ I believe). I know SPOTV has a YouTube channel where they live stream events (will need a VPN outside of Korea) but idk if they normally stream events airing on the Plus channel or not.

Several Korean fighters will be participating in the Deep/ Dee Jewels event this weekend. In typical Deep and CMA fashion, they're lambs being led to the slaughter. the debutant in the main event fights out of Team Spirit Wolf, alongside Jeong Eun Park.

Back