New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Cody Bollinger and Dominique Robinson are in the replies trying to get ROAD's attention.

Doo Ho Choi is competing in a steeple chase competition next month for the brand SPYDER. He will be competing against other athletes and citizens.

Also sounds like Hong Man Choi is in legal trouble again. I don't know the exact details but it sounds like it's with the Chinese higher ups in ROAD rather than the Korean ones. Something about the Koreans allow him to kickbox but the Chinese don't, it's confusing.

Excited by the prospect of a lightweight tournament. Will be interesting to see who they get.

Hong Man Choi, get your shit together!

Mr. Perfect sighting. Not much longer until he returns and has women everywhere soiling their panties.

I'm trying to find out if there will be a stream for TFC DREAM 1 tonight. It's airing on SPOTV+ like the regular TOP FC events so there's probably a good chance it's streamed on YouTube again

The event will be streaming on YouTube at 4am ET. Will need a Korean IP (use a VPN outside of Korea).

Last edited:
Event just finished, spectacular pacing, got through a 10 bout card in an hour and 40 minutes.

Some gifs

Parky got himself a cutie. Damn.

So it seems there was a mama/kickboxing event this past weekend. Saw a couple girls who had kickboxing matches posting on social media. The fights were in the cage. Don't know anything else about it. Seemed to be called Fight Angels/Angel Fights.

The 4 semifinalists in TOP FC's Lightweight tournament
14479802_1769938503224999_4262132821085982440_n.jpg

Apparently Gyu Ho Song's nickname (tan guy on the far right) is Sexy King Kong. I heard the commentators say sexy pretty clearly several times in reference to him but I must not have noticed the King Kong bit.

So it seems there was a mama/kickboxing event this past weekend. Saw a couple girls who had kickboxing matches posting on social media. The fights were in the cage. Don't know anything else about it. Seemed to be called Fight Angels/Angel Fights.
here are a few fights from that event i'm guessing:

some kind of weird co-ed team match or something?

lots of other women's mma/kickboxing on that channel by the way, mostly from korea.

Idea for Road tourney. Organizations could send fighters they have under contract, but in exchange they must cough up an chunk of the million to the promotion if they win.

Idea for Road tourney. Organizations could send fighters they have under contract, but in exchange they must cough up an chunk of the million to the promotion if they win.
Why would any promoter want to do that? Look at it this way: any promoter who sends a fighter that the have under exclusive contract is already taking a big risk. Now they should also send money too? Any smart promoter would say "Thanks, no thanks.

I think Road FC has the advertisers to foot the cost.

Found some info on that Angel's Fighting event. Sounds like it was a charity event, actor Jung Joon Ho, singer/actor Lim Chang Jung, singer Kim Chang Ryul, rock singer Kim Yeong Ho, actor Lee Chang Hoon, singer Gil Gun, Hall of Fame boxer Chang Jung Koo, Dong Hyun Kim (Stun Gun), former Olympic judo champ Lee Won Hee, and former fighter Jin Soo Yuk along with a few others were among those that either ran it or attended. Sounds like it will be a recurring event with January 14th being the next one.

I found results but I will need to take some time later to figure them out completely. So far I think I have identified In Soo Kim, Jin Yong Lim, Jun Soo Lim, and Takaaki Oban

http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/ne...0&nid=04&c1=04&c2=04&c3=&nkey=201610090033503
http://www.gukjenews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=571656
http://moozine.net/1243

Last edited:
Results for the MMA portion of the Angel's Fighting event have now been entered into Tapology
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/42255-angels-fighting

Some interesting stuff. Jun Soo Lim is over .500 again and is now on a 3-fight win streak. I'm not sure what the story on Alan Baudot is but he trains under Mach, is now 6-0, and is the HEAT Heavyweight champ but seems more of a Light Heavyweight. He has a decent win over Shunsuke Inoue. In Soo Kim of Busan Team MAD moved to 2-0 as a pro, 3-0 overall with all 1st round T/KOs.

Sakuraba, Seo Doo Won, Peter Aerts, Yuji Shimada, Ji Hoon Kim, and others are helping to start up a promotion in Korea called Apex FC.
http://mmaplanet.jp/60984
Apex-FC.jpg

I think they mention in the article something about Song Ga Yeon being in a contract dispute with ROAD. She's very close with Seo Doo Won so I imagine she will try to jump over to this promotion.

Not the promotions send money to Road! The other way! For instance Bellator allows a one of theirs to go to the tourney and if they win they give a chunk of their million dollar purse to Bellator.

Anyone know what happened to Min Jong Song? He hasn't fought in a long time.

Back