New low from BJS?

As an American who has no concept of this dynamic, whenever gypsies/travelers are brought up by ppl who actually know, I find it fascinating.

Are gypsies all related? Is there a comparison to be made to certain Americans that I can kind of understand or is this whole thing very unique to the UK and parts of Europe? I get the feeling they would be known as kind of like "trailer trash" here in the States. Btw no judgement from me either way, I'm just very interested in this subject since it's so foreign to me.

They are generally related. And there’s a bit of a fear factor from non travellers because they stick together, which to some extent is understandable. A kind of fck with one of us, fck with all of us. A family unity that doesn’t really exist in the general population anymore.
I had a situation where my daughters friend stole from her when her and a friend were at my house. She’s part of the most notorious family in my area, a huge fckin family who are travellers, but have settled and live like the rest of us. School didn’t deal with it because, rightly or wrongly, they were scared to. I’ve known quite a few of the family over the years and know the parents through boxing. But I couldn’t really take it up with them as there was a possibility that I’d have people turning up at my door looking for trouble. I couldn’t take that risk so had to leave it
Unfortunately many people don’t like them because they live an alternate life style and they tar them all with the same brush, even if they’ve had no bad experiences themselves. And whilst ignoring the fact that there are good and bad in all communities. There’s definately a level of ignorance, intolerance and double standards shown to travellers

Last edited:
I like BJS, hoping he beats Andrade and Golovkin/Canelo.

I think you’re on your own there dude. I did enjoy his performance against lemi but I just can’t support the guy. And I generally do favour home fighters

They are generally related. And there’s a bit of a fear factor from non travellers because they stick together, which to some extent is understandable. A kind of fck with one of us, fck with all of us. A family unity that doesn’t really exist in the general population anymore.
I had a situation where my daughters friend stole from her when her and a friend were at my house. She’s part of the most notorious family in my area, a huge fckin family who are travellers, but have settled and live like the rest of us. School didn’t deal with it because, rightly or wrongly, they were scared to. I’ve known quite a few of the family over the years and know the parents through boxing. But I couldn’t really take it up with them as there was a possibility that I’d have people turning up at my door looking for trouble. I couldn’t take that risk so had to leave it
Unfortunately many people don’t like them because they live an alternate life style and they tar them all with the same brush, even if they’ve had no bad experiences themselves. And whilst ignoring the fact that there are good and bad in all communities. There’s definately a level of ignorance, intolerance and double standards shown to travellers
Thanks Jonny.

I think you’re on your own there dude. I did enjoy his performance against lemi but I just can’t support the guy. And I generally do favour home fighters
It's all about the boxing, I'm not going to feign outrage over some high jinx.
With travellers its a self fulfilling prophecy, they are looked down upon and mistrusted, so act accordingly. I know a few, their boundaries are vague.
I like his style vs either GGG or Canelo and got more of a buzz out of the Lemieux fight than any of theirs.(last wkend was pretty tight though).

Where about in the UK are you?

I have no problem meeting travellers, im sure like every race, there are plenty of good and bad, but it seems that the good keep themselves to themselves rather than being proud and making people change their minds.

When you have 2 high profile travellers, spouting the type of nasty shit that Fury and Saunders do, its hard to change your mind without them integrating into society(which they do not do at all) and changing peoples minds, so we know these are just cunts.

Gloucestershire.

Why would you want to integrate into a society that has you so readily labeled and tarred?

If I had a pub that disapproved so clearly of whatever your most distinguishable feature was, would you spend your time trying to get in and convince me otherwise?? For how long? That's right, you'd get the message and not have any interest in drinking in said watering hole.

Double standards pal. You’re calling people who receive benefits scrounging cunts, yet giving travellers a pass for paying taxes that we all have a responsibility to pay? Can’t have it both ways

My mate Keith and his brother are lovely fellas. Give up their spare time getting young kids off the street and teaching them to box. And I’ve had quite a few friends over the years that are travellers, through boxing.

I also seen the other side whilst working the doors, acting the cunt and then bringing down half the family down to beat the bouncers up. Or flying drones over the local houses to see what is easy to rob. This is not exclusive to travellers, but it’s more common than it should be

Travellers are prejudiced against, there is no doubt about that. And their criminal element is treated differently by the general population. But from my experience this is not a one way street. Travellers have the same ignorance and prejudices towards non travellers as the other way round in general.

No, that's not double standards, I didn't imply everyone on benefits and I didn't say I agreed, more that I understood why someone would not agree with paying taxes, or at least all of the taxes...
Spend a week with me mate, you'll see why too.
Is rapidly becoming my biggest hate, is how so many exploit our social structure so easily, readily and successfully.

I see many crimes by many people, none really exclusive to one another but they are always shunned and all terms or opinions on them are acceptable for some reason...
A travellers funeral goes by, someone says its a pikey funeral, no one bat's an eyelid (actually happened in my shop whilst it was full)
Try that same shit with the N word when it's a black fellas funeral and watch the reaction.
- then ask yourself, why would that community want anything to do with the society around them or have any respect for the large majority that look so readily down their noses at them?

No, that's not double standards, I didn't imply everyone on benefits and I didn't say I agreed, more that I understood why someone would not agree with paying taxes, or at least all of the taxes...
Spend a week with me mate, you'll see why too.
Is rapidly becoming my biggest hate, is how so many exploit our social structure so easily, readily and successfully.

I see many crimes by many people, none really exclusive to one another but they are always shunned and all terms or opinions on them are acceptable for some reason...
A travellers funeral goes by, someone says its a pikey funeral, no one bat's an eyelid (actually happened in my shop whilst it was full)
Try that same shit with the N word when it's a black fellas funeral and watch the reaction.
- then ask yourself, why would that community want anything to do with the society around them or have any respect for the large majority that look so readily down their noses at them?
I get where you're coming from but basically it boils down to being called a name whilst others are actually getting mugged or battered and having their dogs knicked and their caravan stolen.

Seems slightly unbalanced. That's why I get so pissed about it.

I get where you're coming from but basically it boils down to being called a name whilst others are actually getting mugged or battered and having their dogs knicked and their caravan stolen.

Seems slightly unbalanced. That's why I get so pissed about it.

Apart from yourself who stopped talking nonsense and came with a genuine conversation - this thread highlighted my points perfectly.

Apart from yourself who stopped talking nonsense and came with a genuine conversation - this thread highlighted my points perfectly.
Look nah I do get you. But you must also undertand that this has been my world view. And it's really irritating.

I get that not all travellers are like this. But there are also those that are way way out of line. So much so that honestly I have never encountered such behaviour in my life. The point of that being I guess that if I don't like people then I can leave get away from them and have nothing to do with them.

But these ones are forcing their way into our community and ignoring even the simplest of common decency.

Now if you treat people in a certain way maybe they'll become that becasue why not. However this cycle could be broken by just being reasonable.

I don't like drama. I can't be arsed with it in life. And this is part of why it irks me so much.

As an American who has no concept of this dynamic, whenever gypsies/travelers are brought up by ppl who actually know, I find it fascinating.

Are gypsies all related? Is there a comparison to be made to certain Americans that I can kind of understand or is this whole thing very unique to the UK and parts of Europe? I get the feeling they would be known as kind of like "trailer trash" here in the States. Btw no judgement from me either way, I'm just very interested in this subject since it's so foreign to me.

Fury and BJS are both from traveller families but different origins.

Fury is from Irish travellers while BJS is from Romani gypsies, which came from Romania with origins from India. The Romani are the ones found in Eastern Europe where there is quite the racism towards them.

The Irish ones are, from my experience, more the ones called Pikeys. They may be different, but have similar culture and traits and due to the prejudice against them, side with each other.

Fury and BJS have their common connection of being travellers and even joined in the idea of a gypsy belt several years back.

Yep, you can't impersonate a police officer. Here in the US it's a felony in many states and a misdemeanor (1st degree IIRC) in others. It ranges from jail time to prison time. Apparently this footage is believed to be more than a couple years old and it resurfaced? I don't remember it surfacing at all.

Article ends with
Saunders has been charged with misconduct by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBOC) after the clip circulated.

It is not known whether the BBBOC is investigating the latest clip but it could have an impact on his hearing next week.

The Sun Online has contacted the BBBOC and Frank Warren promotions for comment.

Just to be clear I didn't start this tread as an anti traveller thread.....I started it as I don't think how BJS is behaving is how a "famous" boxer and whether we like it or not a role model should be behaving. There has a to be a line somewhere and he shouldn't be rewarded with large pay day fights whilst he is acting like this regardless of his background etc.

Is he trying to sabotage the Andrade fight? I always thought BJS was suspect pussy. He'd get KTFO by GGG. Let Eubanks Jr. lose in a close fight. Snooze fest with Monroe Jr., 8-4. Ran around the ring with Lemieux who was already beat by Alcino and Rubio years before. BJS gets too much credit for doing nothing. ANDY LEE was past his prime and went thru too many wars

isnt the Dailymail a Tabloids site? that video couldve been submitted for gags. I dont see how BJS could have any fault in this funny trolling.

Lol at defending crackheads

That lady probly done horrible shit in her life time

Fury and BJS are both from traveller families but different origins.

Fury is from Irish travellers while BJS is from Romani gypsies, which came from Romania with origins from India. The Romani are the ones found in Eastern Europe where there is quite the racism towards them.

The Irish ones are, from my experience, more the ones called Pikeys. They may be different, but have similar culture and traits and due to the prejudice against them, side with each other.

Fury and BJS have their common connection of being travellers and even joined in the idea of a gypsy belt several years back.

This thread is a minefield, but this is interesting. Billy Joe Saunders is Romanichal? I've never heard that; thought he was a Traveller. Interesting. Yeah, Romani have tried to integrate into Europe for almost a millennia. Shockingly, having a regular policy of genocide against the group (we're talking most kingdoms/states/sultanates in what is now called Europe for the last long-ass time) hasn't led to them integrating particularly well, or making their culture's customs amenable to integration now that we're in the age of liberal nation-states.

Saunders is still a piece of shit, though.

Last edited:
Back