New low from BJS?

This thread is a minefield, but this is interesting. Billy Joe Saunders is Romanichal? I've never heard that; thought he was a Traveller. Interesting. Yeah, Romani have tried to integrate into Europe for almost a millennia. Shockingly, having a regular policy of genocide against the group (we're talking most kingdoms/states/sultanates in what is now called Europe for the last long-ass time) hasn't led to them integrating particularly well, or making their culture's customs amenable to integration now that we're in the age of liberal nation-states.

Saunders is still a piece of shit, though.

Yep, he's Romani gypsy. I don't think he, like Fury, were ever travelling around but instead grew up on settlements.

From what I've heard about the Roma gypsies, mainly from a Slovak ex and her friends, is very negative, with similar opinions and stories of what they do to those in this thread. Dumb stuff too like them breaking into someone's house and stealing shampoo and steaks, but leaving the TV and laptop.

Continuing on from the crack video, the hearing with the BBBC was today and he got fined £100,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/45639675

Shockingly, having a regular policy of genocide against the group (we're talking most kingdoms/states/sultanates in what is now called Europe for the last long-ass time) hasn't led to them integrating particularly well, or making their culture's customs amenable to integration now that we're in the age of liberal nation-states.

attaching stereotypes to any group is bad, but i can assure you a lot of the current issues with gypsies in eastern europe have fairly little to do with them being victims of genocide.

please do not misunderstand my position here, what has been done to dark skinned people in europe is horrifying - but there are gypsy families where i'm from that refuse to send their kids to schools, and instead make them beg for cash in shopping centers and cafes - with their father driving a brand new BMW. neglect of children, prostitution, drug trade, extortion... the fuckers running these communities are grade A mobsters, with an army of completely illiterate family members willing to stab someone to death over some bullshit argument and spend the rest of their lives in prison. this isn't a clash of cultures and an inability to integrate. i'm completely liberal regarding refugees, social programs, the whole nine yards. but this is something that makes my blood boil, because the infinite race card and current pc society has turned our institutions completely ineffective when dealing with this horseshit.

i lived in a building with a family of them, and they were nice people. unfortunate, piss poor and uneducated, but never violent or in any way dangerous. the adults worked what jobs they could, but it all eventually went to shit. i feel bad for those people and i have no problem whatsoever with the government helping them out. they hold a special status here, get extra benefits and often a government sponsored place to live. i'm fine with it.

but i'm not fine with the fuckers who run all sorts of scams and extortion schemes getting those same benefits, simply by being roma. i'm not fine with them getting lenient punishments from the courts for rape and kidnapping. they are the scum of the earth, and the working man feels completely helpless when they get targeted by these pieces of shit. the police cannot protect you, you're faced with an armada of violent sociopaths, and unless you want to start a blood feud that will likely end with you and your family dead, you bow your head and take whatever losses the bastards caused you.

it's a serious issue and i understand where the racism towards gypsies comes from. i don't agree with it, but considering the shit that i've seen happen around here, i'm not surprised by it in the slightest.

but i'm not fine with the fuckers who run all sorts of scams and extortion schemes getting those same benefits, simply by being roma. i'm not fine with them getting lenient punishments from the courts for rape and kidnapping. they are the scum of the earth, and the working man feels completely helpless when they get targeted by these pieces of shit. the police cannot protect you, you're faced with an armada of violent sociopaths, and unless you want to start a blood feud that will likely end with you and your family dead, you bow your head and take whatever losses the bastards caused you.
They are a bit like organised crime when they do get involved in criminality. The police are scared to get involved. There was a traveller camp near to where I used to live and the cops wouldn't go in there unless they had at least 4 patrol vehicles. So for petty crime, they just wouldn't bother as it was too much hassle. As you say if you get in trouble with one of them, you have to be prepared to deal with a mob of them if it escalates.

Back