MEN IN BLACK INTERNATIONAL (First Trailer Released)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: February 1, 2018

FATE OF THE FURIOUS' F. Gary Gray to Direct MEN IN BLACK Spinoff Movie

YyZNexy.jpg

F. Gary Gray is the choice to direct the Men In Black film that will relaunch the franchise for Sony and Amblin. Negotiations are underway toward a deal.

Gray is enjoying a mid-career trajectory that began with Straight Outta Compton, and then extended most recently to the third highest global grossing film of 2017, The Fate Of The Furious. The film grossed $1.2 billion. Men in Black has a script by Iron Man scribes Matt Holloway & Art Marcum and the studio greenlit the picture on their draft.

Sony, which is coming off a big hit in reviving the Jumanji franchise, is hungry for more and the studio has set a June 14, 2019 release date.

Sony and Amblin have been trying to figure out the best way to relaunch the series, after the original pairing of Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith ran its course in the 2012 third installment. The attempts included a spinoff film that would meld Sony’s 21 Jump Street cast members Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill into an extraterrestrial spinoff. This film isn’t that one. Rather, it is a spinoff grounded in the original premise, of a covert force policing the alien population hiding in plain sight, the premise of the comic book series by Lowell Cunningham and Sandy Carruthers.

Neither Jones nor Smith are expected to be back. They’ll relaunch the franchise with a new cast, much the way that Spielberg did with Jurassic World.

Sony and Amblin are giving the keys to the big-budget extravaganza to Gray at a good time for the filmmaker; after the sleeper hit Straight Outta Compton grossed over $200 million on a $28 million budget, he took on the $250 million budget The Fate of the Furious, and delivered a crowdpleasing film that became the 12th-highest global grossing pic of all time for Universal. This film mixes action with comedy, and Gray has a broad background in both; he launched the Friday franchise and has helmed Set If Off, The Negotiator, Law Abiding Citizen and The Italian Job.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/men-in-black-f-gary-gray-directing-sony-pictures-amblin-1202276051/

Hmmm... could work.

I love the world. It's wide open for some really cool story telling... so lets just see if they can pull it off.

Hmmm... could work.

I love the world. It's wide open for some really cool story telling... so lets just see if they can pull it off.

I still have the third one to enjoy but I agree. The world, and then some, is their oyster. Plenty of stories could come from that.

I still have the third one to enjoy but I agree. The world, and then some, is their oyster. Plenty of stories could come from that.
Yeah, for sure... it's wide open really. Got a whole universe of options. Literally!!!!

Congrats on belting up bro!!!!

I just belted up myself.

(me & scorp)

200w.gif

Yeah, for sure... it's wide open really. Got a whole universe of options. Literally!!!!

Congrats on belting up bro!!!!

I just belted up myself.

(me & scorp)

200w.gif

Ah! congratulations and thanks brother. After that long it was nice to get rid of the gold. Not even sure what this belt is called but I digs it.

Welcome to steel belt.

Update: February 28, 2018

Chris Hemsworth in Talks to Star in F. Gary Gray's New MEN IN BLACK Movie

BYwZVff.jpg

Chris Hemsworth is in early negotiations to star in Sony’s self-styled spinoff of the sci-fi action-comedy franchise Men in Black.

F. Gary Gray, who directed last year's Fate of the Furious, is due to helm the movie, which has a script by Iron Man writers Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. The pic is slated for release on June 14, 2019.

Akin to how Jurassic World revived the Jurassic Park film series, Sony’s reboot is to feature new characters rather than Agents K and J, portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, respectively, and build on the contemporary sci-fi world in which they operated.

Sources say that the studio is hoping to round out a diverse ensemble cast and may be potentially eyeing the leads to be white male, a female of color and an older man. The story will be a global adventure.

Smith and Jones powered the first Men in Black film to $589 million at the global box office in 1997 and subsequently starred in two sequels — one in 2002 and one a decade later in 2012. The entire franchise has made more than $1.5 billion worldwide.

Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are back as producers, while Steven Spielberg is returning as executive producer.

Hemsworth last led the war movie 12 Strong. He returns as Thor in Avengers: Infinity Warand will also appear in Bad Times at the El Royale.

Chris Hemsworth Circling to Star in Sony's 'Men in Black' Spinoff Directed by F. Gary Gray (Exclusive)

MIB is a decent trilogy, second movie was...well it was meh, but I really enjoyed the first and third movie.

I like it. Love the MIB universe & I like Hemsworth in most of the stuff he doez, so this should be good.

Don't do it Thor! You’re better than that!

Shit man. Like Hemsworth so they may get me in on this. Always liked MIB. If they can get a solid co-lead may be good to go.

MIB is a decent trilogy, second movie was...well it was meh, but I really enjoyed the first and third movie.

I like them all.. xD

They are fun movies and for that time they really hit the spot for me at least.

I'll give it a chance. Am I the only one that thought the 3rd one was hogwash?

Only acceptable if he does a rap to go along with the movie

Back