new Mutant Football League oldschool arcade violent NFL Blitz clone w/original Jam/Blitz announcer

HAWTakayama

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've always been a sucker for the badass oldschool Midway Games arcade sports titles back in the day (Blitz, Jam, Hitz, etc), and this "reboot" of Mutant Football League looks like the best thing to happen for the genre in quite some time because it's 100% NFL Blitz gameplay but with more violent ridiculous shit added... and the teams and rosters in the game have absurd psuedonyms for actual NFL teams/players.

We're never going to get another true NFL Blitz game again because the EA reboot a couple years ago was pussified by the league to remove late hits on players, and the CTE/big hits on players drama has gotten infinitely worse since then... so there's no way in fuck the NFL will license itself out for a game like the original arcade Blitz titles.

The new Mutant Football League is currently in Game Preview for Xbox and I think pc, ps4 as well.

Holy shit. I loved playing this game as a kid.

Although I always thought mutant league hockey was the better game.

I even remember watching the TV show.

I played the hell outta this game back in the 90s on my Sega Genesis .

Looks like fun and I'll have to pick it up. I loved those games back during the Genesis era... the hockey game was much better than the football (personal opinion of course) but they were both fun and goofy. I wonder if it's just nostalgia though. haha

I didn't know this came out in October. I heard about it a long time ago and then, nothing.

The hockey was so good. Used to rent it all the time at Blockbuster

I didn't know this came out in October. I heard about it a long time ago and then, nothing.
I think today is the official release date for Xbone/ PS4 and also didn't know it came out in October for Game Preview. I didn't even know this game existed until a couple days ago when I was reading an article about the 25th anniversary of NBA Jam and it mentioned that commentator Tim Kitzrow was doing the commentary for the new Mutant League game.

This game is pretty much an M-Rated NFL Blitz sprinkled with Mortal Kombat. It's the best arcade sports game since NBA Jam On Fire Edition several years ago imo. You can turn the default option off to kill other players, but I think it's awesome and in my first game as the Giants (Tyrants) against the knockoff Cowboys.. I killed Ezekial Elliot and all of the Cowboys running backs along with Dez and Dak.... so fucking satisfying!

i picked it up and I've only played one game so far but I like it.

Kick-ass game! I've been playing since the Kickstarter pre-alpha and HIGHLY recommend it if you like NFL Blitz and/or the original Mutant League Football on Sega Genesis.

Here's a review I did a couple months ago:

Would love seeing more Rocket League-like takes on sports classics. I loved NBA JAM and NFL Blitz when I was a kid. The more ridiculous they can make it the better.

Holy shit. I loved playing this game as a kid.

Although I always thought mutant league hockey was the better game.

I even remember watching the TV show.

that intro is hardcore for a kids show

faces melting and corporate sports slavery...RIP 90s

Back