- hydro whey : 15 %
- whey isolate : 15 %
- maltodextrin : 5 %
- dextrose : 5 %
- waxy maize : 45 %
- BCAA's : 10 %
- creatine : 5 %
plain kiwi - strawberry taste

Suggestions and advice are very welcome as this is my first attempt on making a custom blend

Ok then , after reading the entire thread i'm going to try a mix myself :

- hydro whey : 15 %
- whey isolate : 15 %
- maltodextrin : 5 %
- dextrose : 5 %
- BCAA's : 10 %
- creatine : 5 %
plain kiwi - strawberry taste

Suggestions and advice are very welcome as this is my first attempt on making a custom blend

I'm curious as to why your using dex, malt, AND WMS? Any particular reason?

I'd personally lose the creatine, buy it separately, and up the BCAAs.

I'm curious as to why your using dex, malt, AND WMS? Any particular reason?

I'd personally lose the creatine, buy it separately, and up the BCAAs.

You're right , don't know why i did that .
Why lose the creatine and then put it in after ?

Ok then second attempt :

- hydro whey : 20 %
- whey isolate : 20 %
- BCAA's : 15 %

I've left out the creatine and upped the whey and BCAA's .
Do you think it would be more effective if i upped the carbs and not the protein ?

To really get the benefit from WMS it should be a significant portion of your total mix. 60% would be minimum.

Don't get free flavors, always premium unless you plan to mix it with crystal light or other flavored drink.

I want to gain but stay lean, my dilemma is that i train mma at night, and usually lift in the day, so i was hoping i could build a single powder that would work alright for both. my diet is good and i have alot of room to add carbs to it, so with that said, would this powder formula work for me? i am a law student, and have not yet tackled the task of getting a med student girlfriend yet so i dont have anyone else to consult but the gurus here on sherdog.

I chose the caseinate for something to digest while i sleep, because many times i will take this powder about an hour before sleep. i wont eat the corn starch products. i want to keep digestive and overall health in mind with this protein mix, thus the vitamins, whole grain carbs, MCTs and AAs. keeping that in mind, how am i doing here. i dont care how it tastes all that much, as long as it is not like rotting feces.

PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) 5%
Whey Protein Isolate (CFM) Cross-Flow Microfiltration 25%
Whole Grain Brown Rice Carbohydrate 15%
Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder (MCT) 5%
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) 5%
Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade 35%
Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) by the Pound (1lb) 5%
Creatine Monohydrate Powder 5%

stevia sweetener
aminogen/vitamin mineral

Honestly I don't like that, both from a nutrient perspective and a "it's going to taste terrible" perspective. It's sort of a kitchen sink perspective to supplementation where you throw a dozen things into the mix so they are on the label but there are insignificant amounts of each.

Besides PWO mixes where guys are pretty much set on what they are getting and it likely won't change I urge guys to buy their proteins separate to create more versatility with them.

Something incredibly simple like

A)Whey Isolate Cross Flow
B)Hydro Whey Ultra Grade or better yet Pepto Pro
C)Micellar casein

Use A+C for an anytime shake A+B(or just B alone if PP) PWO A alone if you want a quick protein shake to beef up the content of a meal or add to a recipe(protein pancakes) without much taste or texture C alone for pre bed or A+C again By buying them separately you open yourself up to many more options and aren't stuck with 1 mix all the time(boring) Plus if you get that mix and HATE it or find it doesn't fit into your diet strategy correct at all times you can't adjust it except for more or less of it. Getting the ingredients separate you can find what is bad and take it out/adjust the ratio.

For the record hydrolyzed caisenate is incredibly fast absorbing, micellar casein is what you want for slower pre bed digestion(calcium as well but the taste isn't good).

Buy your oat starch or brown rice separately so that you can add or subtract the correct amount for how you want to time it. Maybe double serving PWO, 1/2 serving pre bed etc. I personally wouldn't buy the powdered MCTs as I'd again like to add healthy fats after the fact and only in the amount I want at that given time.

Depending on your budget my suggestion would be somewhat like this(in about this ratio)

16 lbs whey isolate CF-to get 5% discount on bulk price
8 lbs micellar casein
8 lbs Brown Rice
4 lbs hydro whey OR 2 lbs Pepto Pro
1 lb Creatine Mono
and I know you said taste wasn't a big issue but I can't post about it without recommending the premium flavors, they really are the best choice as free is very bland.

To quote Shelby Starnes, don't try and build a goddamned space ship. You don't need to dump every ingredient into it just because you can.

Welcome to sherdog Scott. I'll hit you up right away. Do you know when the premium natural flavors will be available? I'm holding my order off until then.

Just a bump on this question, should be in the next week or two according to Carl over at their forum.

I want to gain but stay lean, my dilemma is that i train mma at night, and usually lift in the day, so i was hoping i could build a single powder that would work alright for both. my diet is good and i have alot of room to add carbs to it, so with that said, would this powder formula work for me? i am a law student, and have not yet tackled the task of getting a med student girlfriend yet so i dont have anyone else to consult but the gurus here on sherdog.

I chose the caseinate for something to digest while i sleep, because many times i will take this powder about an hour before sleep. i wont eat the corn starch products. i want to keep digestive and overall health in mind with this protein mix, thus the vitamins, whole grain carbs, MCTs and AAs. keeping that in mind, how am i doing here. i dont care how it tastes all that much, as long as it is not like rotting feces.

PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) 5%
Whey Protein Isolate (CFM) Cross-Flow Microfiltration 25%
Whole Grain Brown Rice Carbohydrate 15%
Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder (MCT) 5%
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) 5%
Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade 35%
Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) by the Pound (1lb) 5%
Creatine Monohydrate Powder 5%

stevia sweetener
aminogen/vitamin mineral

You are making shit way to complicated:icon_lol:

Just a bump on this question, should be in the next week or two according to Carl over at their forum.

Just read the whole thing and this is an awesome thread.

I check the true protein site and they do have chocolate, orange, orange cream, and vanilla all in natural flavors now.

I just did an order of surge at 1/2 off because they are getting rid of their vanilla flavor, but I'm excited to try this when I'm through with that.

ScottMcD1, any input on the new flavors (cookie dough, chocolate mint, peaches and cream)? And any idea when cookies & cream and chocolate peanut butter are coming?

Yep absolutely, I did a review on the TP site and I'll copy and paste those flavors

First up Cookie Dough-

This smells AWESOME in the bag. I know from experience the ion is very thin which I like so I made this shake very "concentrated" to get a good dosage of flavor. 2 scoops in about 7 oz of water. Very subtle taste as you are drinking it but the aftertaste is where the flavor pops out. Nice and sweet aftertaste with just enough of cookie dough to let you know what you are drinking.

Taste 7/10
Texture(I like thin shakes) 10/10
Aftertaste 10/10

8 oz of water with 2 scoops of Mint Chocolate(approximately-my bullet blender tipped over and dumped powder on my leg)

Smell is good, just like a mint chocolate ice cream. Taste wise this one is more of an immediate flavor than after taste like the cookie dough was... unmistakebly mint chocolate. I have to be honest I'm not that big of a fan of that kind of flavor overall(was always my sisters favorite ice cream-I'm a cookies n cream man haha) but for what it is it certainly fits the bill.

Taste 8/10

If you like chocolate mint flavored things this will be good for you. I wouldn't mind it as a change of pace flavor but am not so in love with it as to order 20+ lbs.

Peach:Just tried the peach, I think it's great actually. Not much of a peach fan myself but it's very pleasant. Not something I'd have every day but a nice change of pace flavor... would probably make a great thing to blend other fruits with.

This is with Ion Exchange isolate with 2 heaping scoops of powder and about 6-8 oz of water.

I didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I'll just bump this. If anyone has any hesitations about dealing with True Protein, these guys are great. I placed an order, but the order was missing products. I email True Protein and they replied promptly saying that they were sorry, they will send the items, and they will use 3-day shipping. This kind of customer service is what makes the company truly great.
I also tried the Cookie Dough flavor in a gemma/casein/whey/hydro mix and it was delicious. I will also update about Chocolate Mint, Limeade, and Fruit Punch when I try them.

I just tried the Chocate Mint. It didn't smell great, but it did taste like mint chip ice cream. Although, it wasn't as good as the cookie dough.

I tried the Limeade and Fruit Punch (both premium) both were 80% WMS, 10% BCAAs instantized, and 10% l-leucine. I've never had any of those products before, but it wasn't exactly tasty. I would definitely say I prefered the fruit punch. But the cookie dough protein is still my favorite thing ever. The mixibility was also not fantastic. Me thinks it was the WMS but I'm not really sure.

WMS is all but impossible to mix (at least it was for me).

I <3 TP, but I'm still waiting for their Canadian distribution centre!

Until then, wheydepot (who isn't bad at all, and, most importantly, is Canadian).

I was just getting around to ordering a PWO from TP again and noticed

PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) on the list.

Does anyone have an opinion about that?

Back