**** NEW OPPONENT**** Sherdogger @AJ Garcia in Main Event on Saturday In Utah. UPDATED WITH PPV INFO

Buff

#FreeLeeMurray Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
EDIT: Posting has now shifted tk tissue thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shoop-dat-sherdogger-with-a-cancelled-fight-aj-garcia.3784761/

So after some serious problems, AJ has a new opponent:

So first of all, I’ve been posting my progress on here. I’ve seriously been working my ass off for this fight. I’ve sacrificed so much time with my family and loved ones to make sure I get this win. I’ve also been in the middle of my weight cut and staying extremely disciplined with my diet. I was so ready and so excited when I woke up today and a couple hours ago I found out that the guy I’m fighting didn’t hand in his physical for before the deadline on Friday so They even gave him an extra extension until today and the fucker still didn’t hand it in.

This is number one bullshit. I even went to fb page and around the time I found out the fight got canceled he was posting videos of himself dancing around in his car and having a good time. This bitch should not be able to call himself a professional fighter as there’s nothing professional about him. The good news is they’re trying to find a replacement for me. The bad, bad news is I doubt anyone steps up on 5 days notice. I’ll keep you guys posted tho. Thank you again for all of the support. I’m still in shock this bullshit happened.

Cliffs:

He has been training his ass of for his 1st main event.
He has never trained this hard.
His opponent didn't submit 1st medical.
His opponent didn't submit 2nd medical.
Fight cancelled.
AJ Devastated. Opponent on Facebook having fun. Total disrespect.
Misery.
A new challenger appears.
Fight on. AJ headlining this Saturday.

He stayed professional. He got rewarded.

RESPECT 100000X TO @AJ Garcia

1ab8993f-a4e1-4303-8702-d3078bcd7b9e-jpeg.395803

In his own words, here's what he has been through these last few days:

received_1563309617327884.jpeg

Its that time again... Everyone's favourite purple-named Sherdogger, "Monsta" @AJ Garcia is going to be stepping into a cage, allowing us all to live vicariously through him... This time he is the Main Event, on a solid card on June 23rd in Logan, Utah... Amazing stuff for an awesome fighter, and intelligent, knowledgable poster.

d1a88e4d-f620-4f6c-9666-4fe973054085-jpeg.385759

e5827caa-551d-423d-b5f2-de210457413c-jpeg.385761

He is 1-2 in his MMA career, having gone 7-3 as an amateur. He won his debut back in April very convincingly, and a great showing in his second fight against a much more experienced grappler, and his 3rd fight was against a natural LHW with 20 years catch wrestling experience... This time his opponent is his own size, and his camp has been way stronger - our boy has got this.

Here is an interview he did for fightbookMMA

It has been a bumpy road to say the least for Steel Fist fighter and Utah native, AJ Garcia. 7-3 as an amateur, the local fan favorite had to over come a drug addiction before realizing he could accomplish what he always wanted to do, fight.

“I was an athlete in high school. Football, baseball and track. Out of high school I just got caught up.”

The addiction started with pills and developed from there. Once clean, he visited a couple of gyms and found a home at The Garage MMA in Layton Utah, Coached by Dave Castillo and Anthony Lobato.

“I’ve always been a fan, I saw a UFC PPV when I was younger Tito Ortiz ️vs Ken Shamrock and fell in love. I come from a family of fighters so it’s in my blood. I always wanted to train and fight, it was more of a bucket list thing, but once I took that first fight I knew I wanted to keep going.”

Garcia is Motivated by his 5-year-old son Jaden who he credits for motivating him to get clean and stay clean. Also driving him is his desire to be a better person and fighter.

“People say you should be proud of how far you have come. I have but I still want more, nothing’s good enough.”

AJ has held off on going pro, wanting more experience. After his next fight he plans on turning pro.

“Some people go pro to soon, and then you get a loss on your record. Looking back at my 3rd or 4th fight to now, I have come such a long way.”

With experience in several weight divisions 145 pounds seems to be the best fit for him. Looking at his division he wants a match up with the current 145 champ Randy Burton. Beyond that? The sky’s the limit. If/when he does make it to the main stage, Conor Mcgregor and Anthony Pettis would be his ultimate match up inside the cage.

received_1563309643994548.jpeg

received_1563309627327883.jpeg

And here he is smashing fools:

Lets get behind our boy and wish him the best...

@AJ Garcia bro, Sherdog is with you - keep us posted on uodates, and news, and I'll add it to the OP!

<StillMyBoy>

EDIT: The fight will be broadcast on https://www.mountainforcemma.com with some if the proceed going to a benefit to a noble cause - this is what AJ says about it:

Also, I’ve shared with some of you about my coach that took his own life after suffering from cte. This event is dedicated to him and his family gets a percentage of the proceeds so it’s an honor to be able to main event a fight night dedicated to a guy that took me under his wing and helped me out in a time when I had nowhere else to train.

So this is the link to where you can order your fight from;

https://www.fite.tv/order/2o54v/checkout/?pt=rFsL5wl8jRMfTa8jaVQXxVFfld45hoCtt3RT/yNYVxJPYJYeRwG+1VnQYAR4zKf0hYkj06Oz6uN4E35pqa6sDgL+cxZ3ur+11fQQtK9dsZpk8IN9dtAttPO3+92xbtr9f+XOHus04H6AmSy/t7Aa8OYedoAeTiGNM5qwuzJgt4pG2684gtzafBqE3+lrqgOX&reload=1

No registration needed, you can just buy right there... Costs $15 to.watch a sherdogger get in the cage with an angry fighter - who doesn't want to see that?

Last edited:
War sherdogger !

Win that shit

Awesome. Will watch. War @AjGarcia

always supporting fighters who are pushing towards the Ultimate goal, taking smaller local fights to build themselves up.

Much love to @AJ Garcia and anyone pursuing their dreams.

Makes me want to pick up my gloves again.

Come on Sherdogger AJ Garcia last of a dying breed,

Hopefully he shines and Dana White gives him a shot at CM Punk next!

You guys better not hope he does too well. if he gets good, sherdoggers will start shitting on him more and mor,e he will get sick of it and leave like everyone else did. so you need to choose. to you want him to remain active here, or be a successful fighter. you cant have both

You guys better not hope he does too well. if he gets good, sherdoggers will start shitting on him more and mor,e he will get sick of it and leave like everyone else did. so you need to choose. to you want him to remain active here, or be a successful fighter. you cant have both

Fighters that post on Sherdog usually end up with a string of bad losses, so best he lays low until his career is over. lol

Starnes, Creepy, the list is long.

fuck sherdog i hope he becomes successful and ends up leaving lol

WAR AJ

Hey, I will always give a fighter "Good Scrappin" Wishes!

Enjoy and G'luck!

Could never be. Sherdog will always have a special place for posters that actually fight and put their name to it on here - takes major balls to do that with this this bunch of sharks you got on here.

Shitting on @AJ Garcia is a bannable offence... It's like blasphemy only worse because Monsta AJ is real.

Last edited:
Back