New personal favorite idiot in the gym moment- v 2.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for I couldn't resist to post it here, but I made it in honor for all of you victims of teh curlmonkeys...

template-2.jpg

how long have they been lifting and how much weight did they lose?

I've been lifting heavy for a few weeks now (after years off, but i have been and still am training bjj) but my weight doesn't drop. Even after cleaning up my diet. I think its the initial phase only, where I retain more water and I put on some muscle quickly, and then soon my weight will start dropping fast. I hope. Otherwise I will have to cut back on the lifting come march to lose some weight for competitions.

They have only been lifting a couple weeks so they have done millions of sets of light squats to practice form and so forth along with the rower. One has lost 6lbs and the other 2lbs but considering the shockingness of their diets im suprised.

Last week I was doing cleans at my work place with a barbell we bring when we go training in another camp, and some people came and asked me what I was doing.

"Cleans", I say.
"What muscle is that for?"
"It's not for any muscle in particular, just to be strong. Like in oly lifting"

The guy looks at me for a while and then says:
"If you keep doing this you will shit your intestines, like this weigthlifter I saw on internet."
"... Yea right..." and I resumed my lift.

Once I finished he went on to do, of course, barbell curls, complaining that we didn't bring an EZ bar.

Shitting your own intestines during a lift... is that even possible?

Shitting your own intestines during a lift... is that even possible?

It's the number-one killer of olympic lifters everywhere, followed closely by all other forms of death.

Today I was on the bench. There are two flat benches, head to head. I finish a set, and I turn to sit up. The guy on the other bench finishes his set (135), then spins around, lifts his legs up and drapes his ankles over the bar. Then he does dumbell flyes with his ankles resting on the bar.

When I was done, I went in the side room to stretch. A guy comes in, stands on the flat part of the bosu ball and tosses a 5-pound medicine ball up underhand, about head head height, a couple times. Then he loses his balance and steps off. Then he gets back up and just does shoulder presses with the med ball. Then he gains some confidence, tries the tosses again, and falls off.

Remember that 'Pinky' guy who freaked out at me before? He was in the locker room today telling a middle-aged naked guy how he's beaten up numerous martial arts masters. He said he routinely beats the shit out of black belts. He kept going but I left the change room to resume my squats.

I saw someone setting up in the bench, locking out the weight and then doing leg raises. I don't know if it's "good core work" or complete idiocy. I really couldn't tell.

LOL.

I picture a dude struggling to lift a weight up then pausing and doing leg raises.

I'm pretty sure that weightlifter shitting out his intestines pic is on Rotten but I'm not going to that site to look for it.

Remember that 'Pinky' guy who freaked out at me before? He was in the locker room today telling a middle-aged naked guy how he's beaten up numerous martial arts masters. He said he routinely beats the shit out of black belts. He kept going but I left the change room to resume my squats.

does your gym have a martial arts room or anything like that? and do you train likkuid?

I saw someone setting up in the bench, locking out the weight and then doing leg raises. I don't know if it's "good core work" or complete idiocy. I really couldn't tell.
those are windshield wipers its part of the 300 workout. only real spartans can do them thou so i'm not surprised you are unfamiliar with them

does your gym have a martial arts room or anything like that? and do you train likkuid?

No, it's a tiny community centre gym. I trained Goju-Ryu Karate for 2.5 years and Muay Thai for 4 months. I quit both in Summer to focus on lifting/school. Needless to say, yes, I could beat the shit out of him. He has noodle legs - where is he going to generate ANY power from.

kramer%20karate.jpg

No, it's a tiny community centre gym. I trained Goju-Ryu Karate for 2.5 years and Muay Thai for 4 months. I quit both in Summer to focus on lifting/school. Needless to say, yes, I could beat the shit out of him. He has noodle legs - where is he going to generate ANY power from.

kramer%20karate.jpg

It is your duty to goad him into a sparrin' match and video it.

Back in December I tweaked my back deadlifting so I've taken some time off to let it heal. On Friday I was doing some light deadlifts to get back into it. As I was switching the weight from 205 to 225 a guy came over to ask if I was done with the bar. I told him I had a few more sets and he was fine with that and then he said "you're really doing it huh?". I wasn't really sure how to respond. I was almost embarrassed that someone thought 225 was an impressive amount of weight.

Its funny how some guys can still be very strong with little leg development. Iv gone against a few wrestlers that look like they have jack shit in the strength department, let alone done look athletic at all, and they have muscled me around. Some guys are just damn strong.

Its funny how some guys can still be very strong with little leg development. Iv gone against a few wrestlers that look like they have jack shit in the strength department, let alone done look athletic at all, and they have muscled me around. Some guys are just damn strong.

This is different. This guy looks jakt (upper body at least) but I've never seen him bench more than 115 (quarter-half ROM) or curl over 20lbs.

Where??? I've never met anyone else who trained that besides me (10+ years).

Canada Goju (Honbo dojo for Canada). I didn't like it. In sparring you weren't allowed to hit to the head or below the waist...so didn't do much for preparing you to take a hit. Also too much Kata - waste of time. I wish I took Kyokushin instead..

It is your duty to goad him into a sparrin' match and video it.

Sure...if he gets up in ma grillz 'gain!

This is different. This guy looks jakt (upper body at least) but I've never seen him bench more than 115 (quarter-half ROM) or curl over 20lbs.

I have a friend whos barrel chested but puts up barely more weight than me and my numbers suck and i'm quite flat chested/long armed, albeit I'm steadily improving. Thing is he's also been hitting the gym for around 5 years longer than me. But the guy has the worst attitude towards lifting, he goes into the gym and just does "whatever feels weak" and doesn't even go on steady basis.

Canada Goju (Honbo dojo for Canada). I didn't like it. In sparring you weren't allowed to hit to the head or below the waist...so didn't do much for preparing you to take a hit. Also too much Kata - waste of time. I wish I took Kyokushin instead.

That's too bad...my place was pretty legit. I was getting beat up in full contact sparring when I was 13. Lots of kata yeah, but I think it actually helped with body awareness...I was terribly unathletic then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back