New perspective after watching the documentary ‘Icarus’

After watching "Icarus" i realize how corrupt the system is and that Jon Jones will probably get away with minimum punishment.

#6monthsmax
#freejonjones
They'll crucify Jones just to make a public spectacle of them getting tough on PEDs.

He's getting 4 years.

I've never seen anyone say that Fedor was clean, not that I've read every thread here. Regardless, even if he was on even juicing grounds, his record still puts him at GOAT level.

Fedor never had a body that screamed PEDs ... ubereem on the other hand

Sorry my jokes trigger you but its hilarious how many Fedor fans say everyone in pride was juicing EXCEPT Fedor and point to his Sambo and Judo testing as the reason why.

Then we find out there is a massive state sponsored doping program in Russia.

But more importantly,
Have you seen Icarus yet?

Cause if you just responded without seeing the documentary YOU are the troll lol.

Lol. They mention him in the documentary? I already know all about the Russians using peds in the olympics, thats hardly new news. Do you know what a good portion of the USA olympic teams did when they found out? They joined right in and started trying to get away with the same thing to keep competitive. There is plenty of info on that as well from coaches from that era.

I did not say he was not on peds. I said you made a statement specifically designed to create drama and I am not wrong. You were being a cute little troll. I would not be surprised if everyone in the early 2000's was on something, that does not mean that when I point out that you were making accusations based on speculation as there is no proof, that I am wrong.

This steroid program is new to you and you are just learning about it from tv tells me a lot. I was actually alive when that shit was going on.

Even if they caught every guy that does PEDs, USADA is a joke. They let known cheaters get back in the game a short time after, nail people for marijuana and Machida got caught for stress medication or some shit.

Like Chael says, it's not about what the drug does, it's about whether it's banned or not. And that's just stupid.

I just watched ‘Icarus’ a documentary about Russian doping in the olympics. Given the nature of the gravity and implications of the fact that virtually every Olympic result is possibly tainted in the ENTIRE modern history of the games, my question is are we too tough on MMA fighters that are just getting caught now when just a few years ago everyone was probably taking something? It’s hard to find a baseline to even judge fighters since detection methods only became sophisticated fairly recently. Think of all the fighters who didn’t get caught but fought during a time when it was super easy to avoid detection. So if Olympic results lack credibility dating as far back as 70s or earlier, how can we rush to crucify fighters now if the system itself is broken?

I'm not ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater, but big changes need to be made. Nations should not be testing themselves. RUSADA was a farce and you can't convince me that China, Jamaica and various eastern block countries aren't doing the same thing.

WADA needs a budget so they can collect samples themselves. Any nation that doesn't consent doesn't get to play.

Theres a difference between taking PEDs and riding a bike up a mountain and taking PEDs and trying to punch and kick someone in the head. One is far worse. Just my opinion.

Theres a difference between taking PEDs and riding a bike up a mountain and taking PEDs and trying to punch and kick someone in the head. One is far worse. Just my opinion.

Definitely but the olympics also has sports where people can get seriously injured including boxing and wrestling.

No, we aren’t being too harsh. The current system isn’t perfect, but it’s a step in the right direction. We had to start somewhere. This is a hard contact sport but even if this is a soft or non-contact sport, ped usage needs to be regulated.

The essence of sport is primal; me vs you, us vs them. The way you gain advantage was always supposed to be based in preparation (and natural ability). Gaining advantage has never been exactly fair. Some people just have better means to provide for their team or individual.

I disagree with the regulated per use theory. That theory means one of two things;

1) All fighters will be forced to use peds, even if they don’t want to (which is an infringement on your rights). You shouldn’t be forced to take something that has negative side effects to your health.

Or 2) There is a a policy in place at the beginning that allows fighters to not use peds if they don’t want to. That means there still isn’t a “level” playing field.

Cheating has always existed so it’s hard to know exactly when ped usage began. Records or “when it started” arguments should mean nothing in regards to your individual health.

Last edited:
My point is it was very easy to cheat the system before so a culture of doping develops. This taints entire sport systems including the olympics. Now that detection systems are more sophisticated, fighters are just getting caught more frequently. But that doesn’t change past accomplishments if everyone possibly could be cheating before. So if Jones fought dirty opponents his entire career while being dirty himself, is his entire legacy ruined?

That's why I put "post usada era" you can use the "everyone was doping" excuse if you want (which is still weak considering there were many fighters that didn't cheat) but cheating in 2017 pretty much makes you a scumbag. We all know Daniel Cormier wasn't on shit and Jon was on shit. How can you defend him?

200w.gif
I've been a regular here for 10 years, by saying I haven't read every thread I was indicating to you that you can definitely search up scattered posts where people probably claim that Fedor was clean. But that's not a common claim here by any stretch. Meaning that it's not the prevailing position.

Banning PEDs is ridiculous given all the other modalities athletes have to enhance their performances, the inherent discrepancies between athletes in the first place, and the fact that performing as an athlete is their job, not something they are doing for “fun.”

Regulated use is the only reasonable solution to the doping issues.
There's two key issues, the price and the health risks. Traditional steroids have had very bad effects on athletes after their careers are over, and athletics should not be a game of chicken where whoever is willing to destroy their body the most wins. Likewise, adding significant financial barriers to the competition, like drug treatments that cost 5 or even 6-figures, in order to even have a chance of competing, is not only very likely against the spirit of competition, but also in many ways defeats the purpose. The Olympics would become a medal auction.

If both can be handled, then I wouldn't mind legalizing PED's. But I don't know if or when that will happen.

Fedor never had a body that screamed PEDs ... ubereem on the other hand
He still had thick body fat, but he was obviously extremely strong, and of course there are lots of different PED treatments that have different effects. Mainly though, it's hard to believe he was clean when he used to take pics like this...

emelianenko-boys.jpg

Back