New rule for GOAT status

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Bowel-forged Stool, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Conor McGrammar

Conor McGrammar Blue Belt

Newtons are the unit of measurement for weight.

Kilograms are the unit of measurement for mass.

2. Conor McGrammar

Conor McGrammar Blue Belt

But 2/10 for at least trying to sound smart.

3. crlkllr

crlkllr Black Belt

You don't need pills to get hard.

4. Breaking

Breaking One shall stand, and one shall fall.

All haters have some unaddressed self-esteem issues.

Normally the people they hate on are successful in some way that they don’t like. The hater then casts his or her own failures in real life as a kind of success in their own tragic make-believe little worlds.

My guess is that big men who are athletic, who get pussy, and who are otherwise successful wouldn’t have any reason to hate on smaller men who are successful.

All haters are bitching because they feel that they are missing something—they need to have one thing that they feel they can hold on to that makes them feel that they somehow better than someone else. They always pick something that seems like a clear advantage, because that takes the least amount of effort. You can generally figure out what they think their advantage is, based on the stupid shit they bitch about.

Fat Sherdoggers bitch about “manlets” because these poor retards really believe that that’s where they have a clear advantage. Since they’re clearly not getting the satisfaction they want out of life, and they don’t have anything else to brag about, they brag about their size.

If they had anything more than their “weight class” to brag about, then they’d probably brag about that instead of being so fixated on other men’s size.

If they had anything else going for themselves, at the very least they’d have more interesting things to talk about than their totally irrelevant opinions about smaller fighters.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. markys00

markys00 Black Belt

welp, u said it urself.

i just found it odd u would dispute something like that when u knew the full details..

0/10 for not understanding a joke.

6. markys00

markys00 Black Belt

it was a joke.. im guessing u even KNEW that mass/weight/force are even interchangeable throughout the world.. or did u have to google all this??

most people use kilograms to measure weight, even though it is a measurement of mass. its accepted

AND

i its not like i didnt write mass AND weight..

terrible, terrible... i know what i wrote, pal. thanks for trying.

7. AnotherOldGuy

AnotherOldGuy Purple Belt

If you agree that tapping to anything takes you out I'm with you. Chokes and locks are both less dangerous than head strikes once already concussed according to doctors (who want to ban boxing and MMA but not BJJ or judo), so tapping to them is worse than tapping to strikes.

8. AnotherOldGuy

Actually the best you can do is say that Newtons are an indication of mass under some circumstances. Setting aside that F=ma isn't strictly true (its actually F=dp/dt, which becomes important at relativistic speeds), it turns out that gravitational mass is the same as inertial mass (why that is true is the point of General Relativity), and acceleration plays no part in that.

Beyond that, the dimensions of Newtons are mass*length/time^2; you'll note that mass is part of that, but not the whole thing. No scientist (especially not a physicist) is going to say mass and force are equivalent. Or put it this way; there's conservation of mass/energy, there's no conservation of force. If you're interested in this sort of thing, I'd strongly recommend Susskind's "The Theoretical Minimum", very readable if you have a bit of calculus, and you'll see why these distinctions are important.

Canned Tuna likes this.
  9. Canned Tuna

Canned Tuna Red Belt

It just hurt my brain to see "measure mass in Newtons". My training program was notoriously stringent and nit-picky about using exact verbage in an effort to teach us verbatim procedural compliance. I've been indoctrinated.

10. Canned Tuna

Canned Tuna Red Belt

To be fair, he was making a joke and probably wasn't talking about nuclear physics, astrophysics, or objects near the speed of light. On Earth, it's easy to derive mass from weight, which was obviously what he was getting at.

As someone who has done a little physics, it hurt my brain to see the equivalation made as well.

11. Travis dunlap

Travis dunlap Blue Belt

How can you be a real man if a "manlet" could beat your ass?

12. Travis dunlap

Travis dunlap Blue Belt

I disagree. I bet khabib could fuck up tons of normal guys who weigh 220 lbs. Why wouldn't mm be able to beat down a regular dude. Say 5'10" 170?

13. QueenVitor

QueenVitor Banned Banned

Nah man, this isn’t some karate movie where size doesn’t matter. If MM ever saw me in the street, he would get his shit pushed in.

14. mayorcrazyeyes

mayorcrazyeyes MuralEdmond Ali

<mma4>

15. QueenVitor

QueenVitor Banned Banned

<mma4> I speak truths

16. AnotherOldGuy

I agree he was making a joke, but then he went into a physics explanation which suggested he was interested in physics. Which is a good thing.