New to call of duty, where can i start?

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

Let's Palaver!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought a ps4, bought a few games. They're all on hold since I'm enjoying Doom MP a lot. I've spent years of gaming on PC's but my Internet connection sucked before so i didn't game online much.

I want to now start playing COD, where should i start? I'm new to the franchise!

Modern Warfare 2 will always be my favorite. Probaly pretty cheap now too

Infinite Warfare Legacy Collection you will get the latest COD and also COD4 Remastered.

Biggest game franchise in history, why not?

I'm more interested in MP though. Especially the older school type that COD4 has.

In that case, the lack of both MP servers available for the older CoD games and the paper-thin player availability for MP games should be the reason to avoid the series, save the more recent releases.

If you have a PC and decent internet connection, Counter-Strike sounds like the FPS MP action you could be looking for.

COD4 is modern warfare right? Does this also include modern warfare 2? That's highly rated too.

COD4 is Modern Warfare, and it does not come with MW2. It was what made the series super popular and started off the yearly releases (for better or worse). IMO it's the best COD.

In that case, the lack of both MP servers available for the older CoD games and the paper-thin player availability for MP games should be the reason to avoid the series, save the more recent releases.

If you have a PC and decent internet connection, Counter-Strike sounds like the FPS MP action you could be looking for.

Yeah i remember counter strike but I've migrated away from pc's now. I only have a work laptop that won't play anything

I rely on my ps4 for gaming now. I have a fast net connection now though and been playing Doom a lot. 4 plus hours a day at least.

Edit: that reminds me, yesterday i glory killed an enemy mancubus and the guy rage kicked me out of the session immediately. First time it happened, these assholes still exist.

<2>
COD4 is Modern Warfare, and it does not come with MW2. It was what made the series super popular and started off the yearly releases (for better or worse). IMO it's the best COD.

I'll get the legacy edition i suppose and see from there. I have Bloodborne, itching to play that. Last of us and UC4 came with the playstation 4. Wanted to get Overwatch but not so soon, i have a feeling I'll be thrashed on any serious MP till i get my bearings on the console a bit.

Y

I'll get the legacy edition i suppose and see from there. I have Bloodborne, itching to play that. Last of us and UC4 came with the playstation 4. Wanted to get Overwatch but not so soon, i have a feeling I'll be thrashed on any serious MP till i get my bearings on the console a bit.

Overwatch I think is on sale right now. Also, you can't do ranked matches until you level up to 25 (probably takes about 5 or so hours maybe more) and then when you do ranked you will do placement matches and there are ranks so the matchmaking attempts to put you in good matches (it's not perfect). The actual shooting mechanics aren't too strict in this game.

COD is much more casual and team deathmatch is really all it's good for imo. There are other modes but they can vary in terms of how balanced they are and how populated they will be. It's more of a "traditional" shooter in its mechanics.

I just started playing the COD series a little less than a year ago and I think they are all good games, but the Modern Warfare series is probably the best. I only play them for the campaigns though as I suck to bad on multiplayer to be able to get into it. You should have got an XB1 as a lot of the COD 360 games are Backwards Compatible. So far I've played...

COD 2
COD 3
Modern Warfare
MWF 2
MW3
World at War
Black Ops
Ghosts
Advanced Warfare
Infinite Warfare (I'm about halfway through the story mode right now)

I think they are all great games as far as the Campaigns go. You can get Ghosts and Adavnced Warfare for like $10 now and they are more than worth it.

Every CoD is garbage after MW2 & minus zombies. CoD4 is the best.

If you're only playing on the PS4 I'd wait until they sell the MW remaster seperately. Have a look at Titanfall 2 instead. It's made by the team behind MW and MW2. I think it's the best shooter of 2016. Apart from that go for Overwatch. It's easy to pick up and it's seriously addictive

Modern Warfare 1 & 2 are the best, but don't get anymore games. Get Battlefield

Get Battlefield 4 or 1... or try and get just COD4 or MW2. Most the rest are pretty bleh.

Modern Warfare 2 will always be my favorite. Probaly pretty cheap now too

This by far was the best COD to date.

Never liked any of the newer ones (including WW2).

COD MW 2's gameplay, maps, just about everything makes it their best game.

I've heard they're going to release it on to PS4 and XBox One, but not with multiplayer? That's fucking shit.

I've just bought COD MW 1 Remastered, because I also had a blast with this game back in the day. Going to get on it in a little while, see if it still holds up.

MW 1 was the first ever COD I played and loved it.

At this point you won’t get the real COD experience you’re to late to the party. The newer games as in like the last 4-5 releases suck, and the older ones don’t have a large player base. The only one worth getting in my opinion is the Modern Warfare remake

MW2 was the pinnacle of the series for me.

The only one I fire up anymore is Advanced Warfare for some quick bot action.

Back