New Video : UFC 220: The Thrill and the Agony - Sneak Peek

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Aargh....This one hit me in the feels a lil - Not gonna deny.

Briefly shows the cage-side, and back-stage reactions & emotions of both the winning & losing sides.

DC was all class here towards Volkan - Telling him there was nothing personal (with the jawwing, pre-fight), that he was just selling the fight, and that he thinks Volkan will be champ one day.

Teh Chris coming back stage to tell Stipe he is like the real life Rocky. lol

That was an awesome performance by Cormier. Dude is Couture Prime. Hope a fight against Gus is next... Would be Pumped.

I love this series. I love backstage footage in general, but post-fight stuff is always gold. "The Thrill And The Agony" is the perfect title.

Million Dollar picture there, an amazing display of class between two competitors in one of the most violent sports today, DC will always have my respect long after he's gone. Like Stipe, he's a great role model and human being and couldn't be more happier to get into a sport like MMA at a time like this, and to see people carry themselves with such class.

Fighters that are able to share these genuine moments with their opponents after a fight speaks levels to the kind of person they are, and it's heart warming every time to see the amount of respect that is gained at the end of fights. DC and Stipe are true stand up men, and couldn't be more happy to support them and see them succeed, even if I was leaning towards some upsets. I'll always stand by guys like Stipe, and DC, who at the end of the day, are just really nice people, true role models and representatives for what the UFC should be about.

And I think if people saw this side of MMA, they'd have a greater respect for the sport and it's competitors, like yeah it's a violent sport, but the majority of the people in it aren't, and I feel like that isn't touched on enough. Unfortunately what get's advertised is drama and heated rivalries, and while all that's stuff is nice and entertaining, it will never compare to the moments after the fight, and moments like these, where two people who just tried to knock each other out, can have a heart to heart and talk. Truly beautiful stuff to witness, and I think it's an underrated aspect of the sport in terms of the media and the general public.

Overall, forever tipping my hat to DC and Stipe, the OG Goats.

Last edited:
Aargh....This one hit me in the feels a lil - Not gonna deny.

Briefly shows the cage-side, and back-stage reactions & emotions of both the winning & losing sides.

DC was all class here towards Volkan - Telling him there was nothing personal (with the jawwing, pre-fight), that he was just selling the fight, and that he thinks Volkan will be champ one day.

Teh Chris coming back stage to tell Stipe he is like the real life Rocky. lol

Love that clip! How athletes in fightingsports should behave.

vbxmn.jpg

He was exhausted, as any fighter is after fighting a 25 minute fight. Take your butthurt elsewhere.

What are you talking about? Did you see his face? He won the fight but he definitely had more physical damage.

Butthurt about what lol?

What are you talking about? Did you see his face? He won the fight but he definitely had more physical damage.

Butthurt about what lol?

Everyone has different skin types. Some people show damage more than others, especially on lighter skin. Of course Ngannou won't show as much damage, as he has dark skin. Does that mean he took less damage than Stipe? You'd have to be really fucking dumb to think that. Do you even know the punch stats from the fight?

Butthurt about what? About your guy getting fucked up. /facepalm

How can you not like these two? This was a great video. Respect to both champs, Volkan too. No hard feelings after you leave it all in the octagon.

I love this series. I love backstage footage in general, but post-fight stuff is always gold. "The Thrill And The Agony" is the perfect title.

They ripped off the title from Jim McKay and The Wide World of Sports... The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. It was the opening of the show. Used to watch every Saturday when I was a kid.

Everyone has different skin types. Some people show damage more than others, especially on lighter skin. Of course Ngannou won't show as much damage, as he has dark skin. Does that mean he took less damage than Stipe? You'd have to be really fucking dumb to think that. Do you even know the punch stats from the fight?

Butthurt about what? About your guy getting fucked up. /facepalm

What? All I said was Stipe looked worse physically than Francis because of your "dead body" meme.f

Who is my guy?

Back