New Year Goals Thread

Have you been training BJJ?
Thanks for checking on me.
I made it to class regularly (1x a week) til about July before I got caught up in trying ro get other stuff done. Have not made it back since, but I have at least been about to get about once every other week rolling in either at the office or a buddy come out to my house the last couple months. Not as good, but it keeps the rust off a bit. Trying to teach here so at least I'm having to think through things to explain.
I was back into lifting PR territory in July, but have been inconsistent in that since summer, also.
I got 205 around Jul, also. Been hovering 205-208 since.
I do have my karate red belt. Need to get into the adult class for anything higher. Will get there when my kids are ready to move up. Shihan's one grandson is helping on Thursdays as well so he's going to help me with the kata I need to learn. Going to get some sparring in too.
I have a couple more classes to finish my second Bachelor's. Took nearly 6 months on the last class, but my current class I'm 1/3 through it in 1 week.... Hopefully finish the rest in the next couple of months.
I cannot so the splits yet. Keep working on flexibility a couple times each week and feel improvement, but should try to do a little each day.

Last edited:
I want to actually deadlift 300kg. I've done 225 for 10 reps so the base is there, just need to program up to it.

Then I want to smash that PR. I'm saying it right now, I'm aiming for 320kg next Christmas day.

Also I want to play another season of D2 football. 44yrs old, let's gooooooo

90 cm waist size @ 88 kg (180m).

My one and only goal for the next few months. Nothing else matters right now.
92 cm at 88 kg with slightly visible abs. All in all a good year with a lot of up and downs. Moved from Prague, CZ to Dublin, IE and than back to the Hood, the place where I was born and raised, Germany.

Spent another year jacked, so I am really grateful. Hamdulillah for everything.

Fully focused on Gym and Career. Nothing else left.

E/

New goal is still 90 cm but 90 kg.

Last edited:
Mog more people for the new year.

Back