Ryoichi Taguchi vs Milan Melindo
WBA Light Flyweight title
IBF Light Flyweight title

Sho Kimura vs Toshiyuki Igarashi
WBO Flyweight title

Hiroto Kyoguchi vs Carlos Buitrago
IBF Minimumweight title

DRU4MB2UQAE5rYA.jpg

@Sivo The Ram @Sano @cuban23 @Sekimoto @JkMMA @MMALOPEZ @senri @Mr2urbo @GloryOfIran @Yourstepdad @BlackPanther @Cocakillbana @dissufc @starwarzbud13 @Kovalev's "Man Bag" @Seano @Shoemaker @Kahran @Queen B @XCuTioNeR @Clear Winner @Sebbe @Marc A @senri @Minowafanatic @baconCrunch @SuperLuigi @moosaev @Pugilistic @CatchnShoot @spinitch @Cocakillbana @Rider1 @jreez @ironfist05 @DannyNL @Inverse @Hagler @SKITZADACTYL

Last edited:
Naoya Inoue has confirmed this will be his last fight at Super flyweight. He shall be moving up to Bantamweight next.

I think Boyeaux will be a lot harder a fight than people are giving credit for. Boyeaux has fought as high as Featherweight and has never lost in his last 30 bouts. This might be one of Inoue's tougher fights to date, lasts 8 rounds or longer IMO.

Agreed. Boyeaux shall get Inoued, but so far he has only lost to decent guys and he should last a bit.

On a side note Inoue vs the winner of Sor Rungvisai - Estrada would have been awesome. I wish he stayed at 115.

Where can we watch?

Either stream it, or wait a couple hours till its on youtube. The events are same dates but morning EST, if you're in the US. Networks do need to start picking up these year-end events from Japan.

If Inoue is fighting, I'm Inoue.. I'll be here all week ladies and gents.

Very disappointing to hear he's moving up. I want him to fight the winner of Sor Rungvisai and Estrada. It had been set up perfectly for him.

All the champs been ducking him, he's had enough. Ancajas is off fighting cans under Arum. Roman didn't want it. Hearn wouldn't let Yafai fight him citing the same old 'money' excuse.

Off to Bantamweight for better things. He said he wanted to fight Luis "tainted meat" Nery. Zolani Tete has expressed his will to fight him. Burnett has 2 belts he might try to capture. Lotta opportunities there.

Taguchi vs Milan Melindo PROMO

Sho Kimura vs Igarashi PROMO

Ryoichi Taguchi SPARRING

Ken Shiro expresses he wants to unify with the winner of the Taguchi–Melindo light flyweight unification.

All the champs been ducking him, he's had enough. Ancajas is off fighting cans under Arum. Roman didn't want it. Hearn wouldn't let Yafai fight him citing the same old 'money' excuse.

Off to Bantamweight for better things. He said he wanted to fight Luis "tainted meat" Nery. Zolani Tete has expressed his will to fight him. Burnett has 2 belts he might try to capture. Lotta opportunities there.

Winner of Sor Rungvisai - Estrada would be a pretty big fight before moving up, though. And they fight in February.

Winner of Sor Rungvisai - Estrada would be a pretty big fight before moving up, though. And they fight in February.

He's been holding off going up for a year now. If Ancajas hadn't booked that February 3 bout on ESPN, and expressed his willingness to unify with Inoue, he probably would have held off and did the fight on Superfly 2 (and then move up). Don't think he wants to wait another year just to fight Estrada-Srisaket.

He's been holding off going up for a year now. If Ancajas hadn't booked that February 3 bout on ESPN, and expressed his willingness to unify with Inoue, he probably would have held off and did the fight on Superfly 2 (and then move up). Don't think he wants to wait another year just to fight Estrada-Srisaket.

Well, they fight in February. I don't think the winner would wait until 2019 to fight again. There are certainly opportunites at 118, I was just pointing out the big one remaining at 115 (to me Ancajas isn't in the same league yet). Maybe the winner would move up anyway, but that we don't know yet.

Last edited:

yup. chocolatito, ancajas, yafai.. everyone ran.

tete, maybe. he's fighting omar narvaez next. let's see how he does.. as we know, inoue destroyed narvaez.

nery, yes. but thought he was rematching yamanaka next?

or if srisaket wins, they can meet at 118. srisaket looks big for 115.

taguchi X melindo.. nice. the most competitive bout in japan.

i think inoue is gonna toy with boyeux, anyway he likes.

i want naoya to fight sor rungvisai before he moves further up. i mean come on, there is simply no way in hell that fight isn't entertaining.

Well, they fight in February. I don't think the winner would wait until 2019 to fight again.

The fight would have likely been in July/August. I think he's eyeing for a new belt by that time.

Its crazy because I'm now seeing a lot of people call Inoue the duck...when they're not holding all those other champs who ducked him to that same standard. Maybe because Srisaket and Estrada fight on HBO and that's all they watch. But for a Japanese fighter HBO/SHO mean absolutely nothing.

yup. chocolatito, ancajas, yafai.. everyone ran.

tete, maybe. he's fighting omar narvaez next. let's see how he does.. as we know, inoue destroyed narvaez.
nery, yes. but thought he was rematching yamanaka next?

or if srisaket wins, they can meet at 118. srisaket looks big for 115.

Right, they could always challenge him at 118. Some fighters have shown they certainly don't want that smoke, but does Srisaket or Estrada? We will see.

Last edited:
No one has been ducking Inoue. Inoue hasn't even wanted to fight anybody other than Roman Gonzalez, who would've fought him next but lost. Ancajas and Yafai are number 5 and 6 in the division. The top dogs are Estrada, Sor Rungvisai and Cuadras (as well as Inoue).
All three of these fighters are actually tricky matchups for Inoue.
ehhh, Yafai, Ancajas and Gonzalez all said no. JFE and SSR have all been tied up with either each other or Choco. Cuadras would be a good fight but he's lost two of his last three, I doubt HBO wants to risk him taking another L. Also bear in mind that Inoue makes much better money in Japan than the US. For it ot be worth it to Inoue, they'd better pay him the big bucks to face these guys in America unless they're willing to ship over to Japan.

inoue weighs around 132-133 according to him, no way he's staying around much longer. He's been talkng about moving up to BW for a while anyhow, and the divisions starting to heat up a bit, particularly if they do a WBSS there.

Taguchi isn't much, I think Melindo takes this.

Kimura will probably lose to Igarashi.

No one has been ducking Inoue. Inoue hasn't even wanted to fight anybody other than Roman Gonzalez, who would've fought him next but lost. Ancajas and Yafai are number 5 and 6 in the division. The top dogs are Estrada, Sor Rungvisai and Cuadras (as well as Inoue).

I could flip that same question to you. Will Estrada, Srisaket and Cuadras move up to fight Inoue? Or will they fight opponents even lower ranked than the ones you just dismissed (Ancajas, Yafai)?

yafai was offered to fight inoue on superfly, but his promoter turned it down
inoue announced his interest in ancajas, but ancajas & arum opted to take a lesser opponent on a different card
gonzales opted to take the srisaket fight for the second time and was knocked out

no one regards cuadras in the same status as srisaket or estrada now
cuadras lost to chocolatito and estrada, and could have very well lost to carmona as well

inoue waited, he didnt get it
and now he's physically growing out of 115,
so again, it's either nery, tete or srisaket at 118

Back