NEW YEAR'S EVE IN JAPAN | 6 World Titles x 1 Unification | December 30 & 31

I already named half a dozen.
oh alright, missed that post since you didn't quote me.

i'm guessing this: Floyd, Pac, Vargas, Bradley, Garcia, Thurman

floyd fought no one in their prime. pacquiao got ktfo by marquez before floyd dared to step in there and he was injured, cotto was already ruined by margarito, hatton was overrated, maidana actually kicked the piss out of him in the first fight, canelo was way too green, ortiz was lol, de la hoya was old, marquez was way too small... he has no quality wins! every time he stepped in there the odds were stacked in his favor! for fuck's sake, in his 50th fight he fought a guy making his debut and actually lost rounds to him. he's basically a glorified bum.

pacquiao? got owned by bradley and ktfo by marquez. in fact, he probably should've lost all those fights to marquez. DLH was on his deathbed, hatton had been laid out before, margarito was always just a cheat with loaded gloves, manny couldn't even put algieri away when spence fucked him up like it was nothing! and he lost to jeff "who?" horn. please.

thurman? who the fuck has he beaten besides porter and danny garcia? dude's ducking everyone.

that was actually pretty easy.

and before anyone has a heart attack, i don't actually mean any of the shit above. i'm just trying to demonstrate how you can discredit any career, no matter how impressive, by being a cynical asshole and cherry picking stats.

"i dont understand what ur point is?"

"brooks past is definitely weak for sure"

I think you answered your question in the first line there, friend.
No offense, but that's pretty much the gist of it. The only thing that irks me about the Brook situation is his near-5-year nonstop callout of Khan, and his fans actually acting like that's a fight we need (and calling Khan the duck). As if it diminishes Khan's portfolio when his is significantly better.

well than i agree with u, brooks past is weak for sure, but at the end of the day, the dude can fight. can we agree on that?

why is kell brook being discussed on this thread?

anyway, inoue is moving up after tomorrow
after that, they need to change the 'superfly' name of this series

gunning for 3 world titles

interested to see if kimura is the real deal

oh alright, missed that post since you didn't quote me.

i'm guessing this: Floyd, Pac, Vargas, Bradley, Garcia, Thurman

floyd fought no one in their prime. pacquiao got ktfo by marquez before floyd dared to step in there and he was injured, cotto was already ruined by margarito, hatton was overrated, maidana actually kicked the piss out of him in the first fight, canelo was way too green, ortiz was lol, de la hoya was old, marquez was way too small... he has no quality wins! every time he stepped in there the odds were stacked in his favor! for fuck's sake, in his 50th fight he fought a guy making his debut and actually lost rounds to him. he's basically a glorified bum.

pacquiao? got owned by bradley and ktfo by marquez. in fact, he probably should've lost all those fights to marquez. DLH was on his deathbed, hatton had been laid out before, margarito was always just a cheat with loaded gloves, manny couldn't even put algieri away when spence fucked him up like it was nothing! and he lost to jeff "who?" horn. please.

thurman? who the fuck has he beaten besides porter and danny garcia? dude's ducking everyone.

that was actually pretty easy.

and before anyone has a heart attack, i don't actually mean any of the shit above. i'm just trying to demonstrate how you can discredit any career, no matter how impressive, by being a cynical asshole and cherry picking stats.

You pointed out the losses, but what about wins? Everyone besides Floyd has losses, but its the wins that define the champions...in addition to the willingness to take adversity.

[Brook is not a "bad" Boxer, never said he is. He's a paper champion, because he's a mid-rank boxer who was possibly the best in Europe but not best in the World masquerading as a world champion.]

Brook:
SOLID WINS
1. Porter

SOLID LOSSES
1. Spence
2. GGG​

Since you're counting bouts outside the WW division, I shall do the same.

Danny Garcia
WINS
1. Amir Khan
2. Zab Judah
3. Lamont Peterson
4. Matthysse

SOLID LOSS
1. Keith Thurman (Unification)​

Thurman
SOLID WINS
1. Shawn Porter
2. Danny Garcia (Unification)

SOLID LOSS
1. None​

Bradley
SOLID WINS
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Jessie Vargas
3. Juan Manuel Marquez
4. Lamont Peterson

SOLID LOSS
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Manny Pacquiao​

All those people you mentioned Pacquiao lost to, I WISH Brook fought those guys. All those out-of-prime guys you say Floyd fought, I WISH Brook fought those guys. I too respect guys who can lose a good fight. Brook has GGG and Spence, but he was no champion compared to his FELLOW champions. He was mid-rank. I could add a list of Khan, Cotto and Marquez in there too and who they fought. Since Khan gets brought up with Brook, and Cotto and Marquez also fought at welterweight at the time. I WISH Brook fought the same names they did.

The closest I can compare Brook to is Jessie Vargas, but even Vargas fought the top of the division (Pacquiao, Bradley). Brook waited until he lost to Spence. I would respect Brook more if he had lost earlier to a contemporary, then wait a generation (Spence) while tainting his record with defenses against cans. He simply doesn't have the names on his resume.

well than i agree with u, brooks past is weak for sure, but at the end of the day, the dude can fight. can we agree on that?

He can fight. But he avoided his contemporaries. I think i have him at Top 10, but he was no champion. Being top 10 is a huge feat, he was the best in Europe. But the ducking and no-unifications is why i have a hard time with him. Maybe if his fanbase wasn't running wild and he wasn't constantly calling out Khan (to keep himself in the news), I'd never say a word about him.

Last edited:
why is kell brook being discussed on this thread?

Bizarrely it was because Dr Will and Sakuraba7 decided to discuss Eddie Hearn...

You pointed out the losses, but what about wins? Everyone besides Floyd has losses, but its the wins that define the champions...in addition to the willingness to take adversity.

[Brook is not a "bad" Boxer, never said he is. He's a paper champion, because he's a mid-rank boxer who was possibly the best in Europe but not best in the World masquerading as a world champion.]

Brook:
SOLID WINS
1. Porter

SOLID LOSSES
1. Spence
2. GGG​

Since you're counting bouts outside the WW division, I shall do the same.

Danny Garcia
WINS
1. Amir Khan
2. Zab Judah
3. Lamont Peterson
4. Matthysse

SOLD LOSS
1. Keith Thurman (Unification)​

Thurman
SOLID WINS
1. Shawn Porter
2. Danny Garcia (Unification)

SOLID LOSS
1. None​

Bradley
SOLID WINS
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Jessie Vargas
3. Juan Manuel Marquez
4. Lamont Peterson

SOLID LOSS
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Manny Pacquiao​

All those people you mentioned Pacquiao lost to, I WISH Brook fought those guys. All those out-of-prime guys you say Floyd fought, I WISH Brook fought those guys. I too respect guys who can lose a good fight. Brook has GGG and Spence, but he was no champion compared to his FELLOW champions. He was mid-rank. I could add a list of Khan, Cotto and Marquez in there too and who they fought. Since Khan gets brought up with Brook, and Cotto and Marquez also fought at welterweight at the time. I WISH Brook fought the same names they did.

The closest I can compare Brook to is Jessie Vargas, but even Vargas fought the top of the division (Pacquiao, Bradley). Brook waited until he lost to Spence. I would respect Brook more if he had lost earlier to a contemporary, then wait a generation (Spence) and taint his record with defenses against cans.

He can fight. But he avoided his contemporaries. I think i have him at Top 10, but he was no champion. Being top 10 is a huge feat, he was the best in Europe. But the ducking and no-unifications is why i have a hard time with him. Maybe if his fanbase wasn't running wild and he wasn't constantly calling out Khan (to keep himself in the news), I'd never say a word about him.

i can almost agree with everything u said. But i have a problem with people calling brook a paper champ.. its boxings fault that there are what 4 world titles?!? again brook came to usa and beat the champion who beat the champion, that makes brook a world champion not a paper champ. yes he lost to my fav fighter in spence but one can argue he was beating spence after 7 rounds up until his eye socket broke which we have to give the credit to spence for damaging it that bad.. i was rooting so hard for spence in that fight, i thought it would be a cake walk but i think we can agree it was no cake walk for spence. you agreed with the point i was just trying to make which is brook can fight for sure.

Naoya's brother Takuma Inoue shall be fighting on the December 30 undercard.

There's good boxers (Brook), and then there's good champions (Floyd, Pac, Vargas, Bradley, Garcia, Thurman)

You're not a legit champion when your contemporaries have proven they're leaps ahead of you. Kell Brook was a paper champion–because he didn't test himself, and when he tested himself he lost (i.e., wasn't a champion further).

Its not that hard to follow. Every boxing fan wants to know who's the best. Some promoters just want their guy to hold a belt, but there needs to be meaning behind that belt. Are you the best in the world, or just in your state, region or continent? Pretty sure you can put two and two together and see what I'm saying here.
Did you just say that Vargas and Garcia had mroe legitimate runs at 147 then Brook? U wot m8?

Ken Shiro vs Pedroza about to start.

Did you just say that Vargas and Garcia had mroe legitimate runs at 147 then Brook? U wot m8?

Is GGG part of that run at 147? You tell me.... I can tell you Vargas lost to Pac and Bradley. That's 2 solid losses compared to Brook's Spence loss at 147. That would actually take facing those two. But like I said, Brook is close to Vargas in terms of resume. That's it.

Shiro just bombared Pedroza with punches in the 4th round.

Then scored 2 punches while Pedroza fell to his butt on a knockdown while leaning against the ropes.

Olympic bronze medalist boxer Shimizu retains his OPBF title by TKO.

The Monster is about to fight next.

Boyeaux started off with the power punches but missed. Inoue responded with precision. You could really hear Inoue's punches as they land.

Inoue gets a knockdown 15 seconds to the end bell.

Inoue did not respect Boyeaux's power at all. Boyeaux was allowed to land a few times as a result but doesn't commit to his shots and is always pulling away prematurely rather than punching through the target & maintaining defensive responsibility to protect from return-fire shots. Inoue recognized this and disregarded it.

Murderous body puncher.

Inoue should not be fighting these types of opponents anymore. He's 24 years old which is someone's absolute prime age for these weight classes. It's up to him how we wants to use his prime years.

Fight the Estrada-Rungvisai winner and move up, don't just move up and fight another fringe contender.

Yoan took a knee twice in the 3rd round.

I really expected Yoan to last longer.

Inoue should put out that PUBLIC NOTICE. "I want a unification at Super flyweight. Who wants this, step up NOW". Before he leaves to Bantamweight.

post fight intvw

inoue said he's having problems finding opponents who are willing to fight him
boyeux finally accepted and he thanked him for that

he really originally wanted to unify the titles at superfly,
but because it's not going to happen (for reasons out of his control)
he will probably move up to bantam and challenge guys like tete & yamanaka
emphasis on 'probably'

that statement says a lot about his frustration of finding top opponents

and he also mentioned he wants to fight in the U.S. & also U.K.

Inoue did not respect Boyeaux's power at all. Boyeaux was allowed to land a few times as a result but doesn't commit to his shots and is always pulling away prematurely rather than punching through the target & maintaining defensive responsibility to protect from return-fire shots. Inoue recognized this and disregarded it.

Murderous body puncher.

Inoue should not be fighting these types of opponents anymore. He's 24 years old which is someone's absolute prime age for these weight classes. It's up to him how we wants to use his prime years.

Fight the Estrada-Rungvisai winner and move up, don't just move up and fight another fringe contender.

I'd like to see it too, but I think he's really planning to move up right now. Bantamweight has more to offer, and just as tough opponents. Most of these super flyweights would struggle against them but Inoue wants to go there. Too much Hearn/Arum hold ups at Super flyweight, and a fight with winner of Superfly2 might take till July/August.

and he also mentioned he wants to fight in the U.S. & also U.K.

That's inevitable at Bantamweight, so we know he's gunning for those unifications.

I know Raushee Warren won't fight him, but he should put his name out there that he wants him. He could try to fight Jamie McDonnell for the WBA (Regular). That guy won 2 very close and controversial bouts against Tomoki Kameda, and a bunch of other controversial endings.

That's inevitable at Bantamweight, so we know he's gunning for those unifications.

I know Raushee Warren won't fight him, but he should put his name out there that he wants him. He could try to fight Jamie McDonnell for the WBA (Regular). That guy won 2 very close and controversial bouts against Tomoki Kameda, and a bunch of other controversial endings.

no, the most realistic is tete in line for wbo
if u don't know, tete is based in uk.. thats what inoue is pointing to

no, the most realistic is tete in line for wbo
if u don't know, tete is based in uk.. thats what inoue is pointing to

Is Inoue getting an instant title shot? I think we'll be seeing him fight someone else before Tete.

If he wins the WBO belt, he still has to fight the WBA/IBF unified champ. But might never get to fight McDonell. Now if he beats McDonnell he gets an instant shot at the WBA super belt, and eventually WBO.

He gets 2 belts with Burnett, that's a better strategy is what I'm saying. And he can avenge against McDonnell on the way there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back