NEW YEAR'S EVE IN JAPAN | 6 World Titles x 1 Unification | December 30 & 31

i think the point of inoue fighting boyeux was to get some live rounds vs a tall rangy guy
so he can get ready for tete

he mentioned tete, & tete mentioned inoue
wouldn't be surprised if they're in negotiations

Is GGG part of that run at 147? You tell me.... I can tell you Vargas lost to Pac and Bradley. That's 2 solid losses compared to Brook's Spence loss at 147. That would actually take facing those two. But like I said, Brook is close to Vargas in terms of resume. That's it.
you were talking about their runs in championship fights. Vargas faced old Pac and Ali. Brook beat Porter and faced Spence as well as Gavin, who was a pretty hot prospect for a while. You tell me who is more legitimate as a titlist. The guy who beat Ali, or the guy who beat Porter. It's also not like Brook didn't try fighting Vargas, Bradley, and Chaves, who were themselves good fighters.

You also mentioned Danny Swift. And I LMAOd at that one.

you were talking about their runs in championship fights. Vargas faced old Pac and Ali. Brook beat Porter and faced Spence as well as Gavin, who was a pretty hot prospect for a while. You tell me who is more legitimate as a titlist. The guy who beat Ali, or the guy who beat Porter. It's also not like Brook didn't try fighting Vargas, Bradley, and Chaves, who were themselves good fighters.

You also mentioned Danny Swift. And I LMAOd at that one.

I said "good boxers and good champions". Danny had a solid run at 140 and was a legit champion, then made his way to 147 before losing to Thurman in a unification.

god damn, naoya is a monster. every time i watch him fight i find myself amazed all anew!

this kid has murderous power, and he attacks the body really well. i felt sorry for yoan, that left hook dropped him dead, he climbs back to his feet only to get his body broken by those fucking gunshots. it's insane.

how do you think inoue's power will carry if he moves up, though? right now he just seems to have stupid power for that small frame.

I said "good boxers and good champions". Danny had a solid run at 140 and was a legit champion, then made his way to 147 before losing to Thurman in a unification.
no, you said that Garcia was more legitimate at 147 then Brook:
There's good boxers (Brook), and then there's good champions (Floyd, Pac, Vargas, Bradley, Garcia, Thurman)
This was specifically speaking about the 147 division, as you said that Brook's fight with GGG doesn't count, so logically you can't count Garcia's run at 140.

Now remind me how Garcia's wins over Malignaggi, Guerrero and freakin' Vargas is better than Brooks run at 147

no, you said that Garcia was more legitimate at 147 then Brook:

This was specifically speaking about the 147 division, as you said that Brook's fight with GGG doesn't count, so logically you can't count Garcia's run at 140.

Now remind me how Garcia's wins over Malignaggi, Guerrero and freakin' Vargas is better than Brooks run at 147

The entire argument was about who is being protected.. Danny Garcia was not protected.

Feel free to read through all the posts.

I never said his GGG fight didn't count, I specifically counted that as a SOLID LOSS, as that's what the other user kept bringing up. You're the one that took it strictly to 147. Thereby moving the goal post, again. I counted all SOLID WINS and LOSSES.

The entire argument was about who is being protected.. Danny Garcia was not protected.

Feel free to read through all the posts.

I never said his GGG fight didn't count, I specifically counted that as a SOLID LOSS, as that's what the other user kept bringing up. You're the one that took it strictly to 147. Thereby moving the goal post, again. I counted all SOLID WINS and LOSSES.

Uh, even at 140, Danny's run started out strong then ended with a bunch of cherries. Granted, he's fought better opposition than Brook overall, but you were counting and brining up only 147ers, were specifically relegating this to 147 fihts (otherwise you can't really say that Brook never tested himself as he fought GGG). Also, you were arguing the difference between a "titlst" and a "champion" which implies we're talking title/champmionship runs at 147. You're the one backpeddling here, not me and you were the one relegating this to 147, not me.

Also, like I said, Brook negotiated plenty of high level fights (only to have them fall apart at the last second a lot of the time): Vargas, Khan, Alexander, Chaves, Bradley. You can't say he avoided top fighters. He didn't face them sure, but he was more than happy to face elite fighters.

Last edited:
If you wanna bring it strictly to 147. Then fine:

Brook
SOLID LOSS
1. Spence

Garcia
SOLID LOSS
2. Thurman (Unification)

Kell's defense wins aren't that much better than Garcia's defense wins. And he took a unification, something Brook didn't. That's playing to your goal post. Bring it back to Square one: the argument about who is protected, and fought better opponents. Suddenly we have ourselves Khan, Judah, Peterson and Matthysse as solid WINS.

It’s at this point I’d like to remind people that Kell Brook won a world title then nearly lost his leg when some fucker attacked him with a fucking machete. Did he delay his comeback too long for you or something. This isn’t a piss on former champions legacies thread so can we at least remember that and the fact that khan wanted to fight Brook about as much as I’d like to jump into poison ivy naked.

Damn inoue looked indestructible in there.. he also looked a lot bigger..

honestly i am surprised loan got up after the first knockdown that was a really solid shot. the follow up bod shots were really clean too..

Fighter of the year.

<{cum@me}>
maybe...
his opponents weren't the best i the world but he did wha he was expected to and put them out in spectacular fashion.
Brisket gets a lot of love for the work he put in.
honestly if we put up inoue it becomes a pissing contest between who you value more Loma or Inoue. although Loma holds the win over Rigo (that was not the Rigo i wanted to see but feared would enter the ring)

The champion Sho Kimura leading the action in the 1st round before challenger and former champ Igarashi caught up in the 2nd.

Taguchi says if he wins Budler is next. That's allright, he won't win.

Back