New York: Suicide bomber -'Explosion' at Manhattan bus terminal. 1 Suspect in custody. 4 injured

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
New York City Police say they are responding to reports of an explosion at a bus terminal in Manhattan.

The incident reportedly happened on Monday morning at the Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times Square.

"The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan," tweeted the department.

"The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available."

ABC News quotes police sources as saying that a possible pipe bomb was detonated in a passageway below ground at the terminal.

Port Authority is the largest bus terminal in the US, serving more than 65 million people a year.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42312293

Update:
Authorities called the explosive an "improvised low-tech explosive device" that was held on the suspect with Velcro and zip-ties.

The 27-year-old suspect, Akayed Ullah, was badly injured in the arm and torso from the explosion that went off in his arms, sources said. He is alert and conscious and was taken to a hospital, sources said. The suspect, originally from Bangladesh, has been in the United States for seven years and has an address in Brooklyn, sources said.

The explosive possibly detonated in an underground passageway at the terminal, sources said.

Christina Bathea, 29, told ABC News she was in the passageway on her way to work next to the terminal when she heard a bang, saw smoke and ran.

"If I didn’t believe in God, I believe in God today," she said, adding that she commuted from Yonkers, New York.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-police-respond-reports-explosion-port-authority-bus/story?id=51714989
Authorities called the incident an attempted terrorist attack. Three others suffered minor injuries, including headaches and ringing in the ears.

The suspect had burns on his abdomen and also to his hands.

Last edited:
Nothing at the port authority sounds good

They are spending Billions to update the Bus terminal. Currently the buses stop on the side of the road on 34th at 12 ave across from hudson yards. It's a complete shit show. I think the total cost of the new terminal is $4B (?)

DQxKcD4VAAI0ZGd.jpg
bomb-squad-port-authority.jpg
p-a-2-gallery.jpg

Several injured after device explodes at Port Authority

A suicide bomber set off a device at the Port Authority bus terminal Monday morning, law enforcement sources said.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/11/explosion-reported-at-port-authority-bus-terminal/

Not good. Hope this plays out well

While there may be injuries, I hope there are no fatalities other than the perp.

Oh, and I'm sure someone will be by in a while to blame Trump for this.

I keep hearing injuries, but no deaths reported yet. Praying it stays that way

well that travel ban really worked out. ill bet anything the suspect is not from the banned countries but from a country the US considers an ally.

edit moment of explosion:

nothing graphic chill mods.

They are spending Billions to update the Bus terminal. Currently the buses stop on the side of the road on 34th at 12 ave across from hudson yards. It's a complete shit show. I think the total cost of the new terminal is $4B (?)
You in NYC these days bud?

While there may be injuries, I hope there are no fatalities other than the perp.

Oh, and I'm sure someone will be by in a while to blame Trump for this.
Republican party is a domestic terror group.

Back