New Zealand is banning foreign home buyers

Australia and Canada should follow suit unless they want to get taken over by the Chinese. Lol, there’s already street signs in chinese in Australia.

Not really an outright ban and excludes Aussies but will make buying more difficult somewhat

Last edited:
I 100% support this. Canada should absolutely follow this.

I always wanted to check out New Zealand.
Thought about moving there about a decade ago.

Good for them tho.
I have no problem with that.
Most countries could benefit from a policy like this.

Canada should have done this years ago so BC wasn't purchased by Asia.

It’s a tiny country with a lot of protected land that can’t be built on, makes total sense

I always wanted to check out New Zealand.
Thought about moving there about a decade ago.

Good for them tho.
I have no problem with that.
Most countries could benefit from a policy like this.
It's natural beauty is part of why it should be protected

Australia and Canada should follow suit unless they want to get taken over by the Chinese. Lol, there’s already street signs in chinese in Australia.

Either this or you tax the ever living fuck out of it (which my state has started for absentee land owners).

Each country should have their own people’s interests first

Hawaii should do that so ordinary working class can buy a decent home for less than one fucking million dollars.

Hawaii should do that so ordinary working class can buy a decent home for less than one fucking million dollars.
Yea man, fuck cost of living here is horrible. Mainlanders don't understand why lots of children live with there parents with well into there late 20s. I live in the guest house on my grandfathers land. Lol I like it though.

Yea man, fuck cost of living here is horrible. Mainlanders don't understand why lots of children live with there parents with well into there late 20s. I live in the guest house on my grandfathers land. Lol I like it though.
A piece of shit wooden (probably single wall) house on less than ideal land costs nearly $1 mil. The house probably needs to be demolished due to termites or something. In the meantime, I see real estate agents wearing lots of bling bling driving expensive European luxury cars.

An old condo costs like half a mil and you also get to pay like $500-$1,000 per month maintenance fees.

I want to make a Flight of the conchords joke but nothing fits.

A piece of shit wooden (probably single wall) house on less than ideal land costs nearly $1 mil. The house probably needs to be demolished due to termites or something. In the meantime, I see real estate agents wearing lots of bling bling driving expensive European luxury cars.

An old condo costs like half a mil and you also get to pay like $500-$1,000 per month maintenance fees.
Nailed it.

The state is currently doing a lot more "affordable" housing but still it runs about 300k-500k and that's probably like a 2-3bdr 1bath kinda thing.

The guest house I live in needed some work, but it's a good thing I'm a blue collar worker so I got some friends in other trades that helped me out. Im paying 800 a month to my grandfather and it's a plantation style home. So it's pretty simple 2bdr 1 bath with a outside lanai balcony like area for cookouts and whatnot. Outside shower also. If it wasn't for my grandfather buying land back in the day I would be suffering I think.

I want to make a Flight of the conchords joke but nothing fits.

unrelated to the thread, but works in the warrroom in other situations:

iu

What's your favorite song of theirs?

Nailed it.

The state is currently doing a lot more "affordable" housing but still it runs about 300k-500k and that's probably like a 2-3bdr 1bath kinda thing.

The guest house I live in needed some work, but it's a good thing I'm a blue collar worker so I got some friends in other trades that helped me out. Im paying 800 a month to my grandfather and it's a plantation style home. So it's pretty simple 2bdr 1 bath with a outside lanai balcony like area for cookouts and whatnot. Outside shower also. If it wasn't for my grandfather buying land back in the day I would be suffering I think.
Some of these houses aren't connected to sewer system so have like cesspool or septic tank that overflow when it rains. Nasty.

Either this or you tax the ever living fuck out of it (which my state has started for absentee land owners).

Each country should have their own people’s interests first

Meanwhile Australia is selling off parcels of land the size of Ohio to Chinese billionaires.

When I was living in china it was a completely normal thing to talk to students who planned to go to Australia for college since just having a minimal amount of $$$ in the bank would allow them to apply for citizenship and bring their families over.

Back