New Zealand is banning foreign home buyers

unrelated to the thread, but works in the warrroom in other situations:

iu

What's your favorite song of theirs?

Hahah, I like

Inner city pressure I find myself singing a lot. Especially "it's da pressha"

Australia and Canada should follow suit unless they want to get taken over by the Chinese. Lol, there’s already street signs in chinese in Australia.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. There's been talk of it along the great ocean road but that's because of tourism.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. There's been talk of it along the great ocean road but that's because of tourism.

There's a few multilingual signs around the airports, hospitals and Brisbane City Centre, but that's about the extent of it as far as I've seen. They weren't just in English and Mandarin though.

Wrong about what??? Chinese street signs??? I’ve seen pics of it from friends who live there. All over the beaches they live on too.

Needs to be some sort of equitable balance , there has been a great deal of Chinese money buying housing off plan and plots of land in and around Cambridge the locals are generally a pretty liberal lot but its causing some concern given the pressure on housing in the area , foreign investment needs to be managed if it is to be sustainable in the long term .

Wrong about what??? Chinese street signs??? I’ve seen pics of it from friends who live there. All over the beaches they live on too.

Can't say I've seen any. Aside from the Croc warnings up north. But "警告" is more typically aimed at Japanese than Chinese, and usually "Achtung" is on there as well.

9-3214716-mky290316crocsign_ct677x380.jpg

You have friends?

I am Australian, I went along the Great Ocean Rd this year. If they're not on the Great Ocean Rd they're sure as shit not all over everywhere.

Beach signs are much more likely because they can't swim but once again this is a tourist thing, has nothing to do with chinese owning the place.

There's a few multilingual signs around the airports, hospitals and Brisbane City Centre, but that's about the extent of it as far as I've seen. They weren't just in English and Mandarin though.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some chinese signs here with the massive amount of chinese tourists we get but pretending like they're there because we're being taken over rather than the massive amounts of tourists is pretty laughable.

You have friends?

I am Australian, I went along the Great Ocean Rd this year. If they're not on the Great Ocean Rd they're sure as shit not all over everywhere.

Beach signs are much more likely because they can't swim but once again this is a tourist thing, has nothing to do with chinese owning the place.
Bondi Rescue is hilarious.

But on topic......

Too late in Australia, Melbourne already turned into Hong Kong.

You have friends?

Yes I have friends. Yes you are a moron.

You have friends?

Can't say I've seen any along there either, but then I'm usually more concerned about the ridiculous numbers of Mexican revenue cameras, rather than looking for signage for tourists.

I back this fully. The Chinese/Russians, etc use the international property market to move their dirty money out of the country. It massively affects local populations.

Also I used to work in Hawaii and am no fan of the racist ass natives, but tbf they should also be allowed to do this. The property market there is massively overblown and locals get punished. A nation should always be allowed to look after it's native born first and foremost.

The UK has too many foreign investors buying everything up off plan.

They're converting some old mill buildings near me into loft style apartments. I tried to book a viewing to look into buying but it was all bought up off plan mostly by foreign investors to turn into rental properties.

Back