Next TUF will be Heavyweights. Finally UFC!!

TUF 10 was one of the best seasons. It's gonna be next to impossible to top that season, but I'll still watch it.

Mowry is with Bellator and Tanner with ACB though, they weren't real options for that TUF

Mowry signed with Bellator after tuf tryouts, the UFC showed no interest in him all for whatever reasons. Tanner was interested in tuf a couple of years ago when they had initially hw trying out than scrapped it to do I think just a ww season. He said he would have done it earlier but not now, and that the UFC was too busy going after unproven fighters with only a couple fights under their belts. My main point was the UFC has been horrible at finding hw talent, but their casting make it's worst. Parisian looks like the best of the bunch and he was originally an alternate. The younger guys are going on the contenders series despite some of them (Sipe) originally trying out for tuf.

Mowry signed with Bellator after tuf tryouts, the UFC showed no interest in him all for whatever reasons. Tanner was interested in tuf a couple of years ago when they had initially hw trying out than scrapped it to do I think just a ww season. He said he would have done it earlier but not now, and that the UFC was too busy going after unproven fighters with only a couple fights under their belts. My main point was the UFC has been horrible at finding hw talent, but their casting make it's worst. Parisian looks like the best of the bunch and he was originally an alternate. The younger guys are going on the contenders series despite some of them (Sipe) originally trying out for tuf.
No, Mowry himself showed no interest in TUF, he didn't showed up for the tryouts. IIRC someone said Mowry wasn't down, not a fan of the TUF experience. And actually i prefer it this way, the best HWs should go to DWTNCS, no bullshit there, leave TUF for the freak ones.

I really don't understand the TUF casting.
So they pass over guys like Mowry and Mitch Sipe, unbeaten and young prospects, and are more than happy to sign up a fucking 40yr old Spanish bloke with no good wins and a 40yr old Polish journeyman. It's absolutely weird.

No, Mowry himself showed no interest in TUF, he didn't showed up for the tryouts. IIRC someone said Mowry wasn't down, not a fan of the TUF experience. And actually i prefer it this way, the best HWs should go to DWTNCS, no bullshit there, leave TUF for the freak ones.

Not just the show, the UFC didn't show any interest in Mowry at all. You also can get a invite to tryout for the show or even skip tryouts like Bea did for this upcoming season. Some fighters were even guarenteed a contract dispute their performance on the show. I would much rather see the younger fighters on the show, a lot aren't from big camps or train full time and would benifit from the show. Heavyweights especially can get caught in a fight and we wont see them given another chance for a while.

I find it hard to believe they can't put together a decent cast for any weight class. Even on DWCS tonight there were prob four heavys fighting that would be better options for the show as they were all actually under 30 with decent records. Sipe was only 22 and from a small camp, he looked great befor gassing. Juan Adams looked impressive also and actually beat a decent prospect in Teed. It just makes no sense to make the cast full of older journeymen fighters with sup par records when you have all these young guys fighting and going home. Stick the four guys from tonight on with Jeff Hughes, Austin Lane, Parisian, and either Batista or Edwards and you actually have a decent cast with actual heavyweights. Either that or pick four then bring over four heavys from Russia and use subs.

Why would a fighter go on tuf and have to win multiple fights to make the Ufc when they can go on DWTNCS and win one and get a contract?

It's like some of you still don't get what tuf is about 28 seasons deep. It's a TV show first and in terms of finding talent it's about finding diamonds in the rough not elite prospects.

Why would a fighter go on tuf and have to win multiple fights to make the Ufc when they can go on DWTNCS and win one and get a contract?

It's like some of you still don't get what tuf is about 28 seasons deep. It's a TV show first and in terms of finding talent it's about finding diamonds in the rough not elite prospects.
Agreed. They should raise the payday for the winner if they want to get top prospects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back