NFL Discussion: Mikey on a milk carton

Where is Mikey?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel like Aaron Rodgers is the opposite end of the "system QB" spectrum? Like being a system QB is a bad thing, but maybe it would benefit him to play in a system more (You could blame coaching). Other elite QBs like Brees, Brady and the system QBs like Alex Smith all get rid of the ball really quickly/fastest in the league - Lots of 3 step drops and that sort of thing. Rodgers time to throw is usually on the slow end of the chart, RW and him pretty much being the good QBs on that end.

He's so good at pulling magic out of his ass that he sometimes misses the easy couple yards. He's admitted it in the past

The problem here is that I'm not convinced he believes in the offensive system they're running (i don't blame him at all) and thus its all fucked up. In another situation we'd be taking about it vastly differently because wtf the qb blatantly dislikes and distrusts the coach

Also people talk about him not making quick throws, but late in that game he made one to a rookie wr, who had a brain fart and didn't realize the throw was leading him up the field. Incomplete. Cut to face of angry quarterback. Those things are going to happen when your 3 starting WR's are Davante and two rookies, but everything is under the microscope when you're losing and the team looks like ass

Anyone else feel like Aaron Rodgers is the opposite end of the "system QB" spectrum? Like being a system QB is a bad thing, but maybe it would benefit him to play in a system more (You could blame coaching). Other elite QBs like Brees, Brady and the system QBs like Alex Smith all get rid of the ball really quickly/fastest in the league - Lots of 3 step drops and that sort of thing. Rodgers time to throw is usually on the slow end of the chart, RW and him pretty much being the good QBs on that end.
You ever consider the idea that maybe you are the goddamn casual around here?

He's so good at pulling magic out of his ass that he sometimes misses the easy couple yards. He's admitted it in the past

The problem here is that I'm not convinced he believes in the offensive system they're running (i don't blame him at all) and thus its all fucked up. In another situation we'd be taking about it vastly differently because wtf the qb blatantly dislikes and distrusts the coach

Also people talk about him not making quick throws, but late in that game he made one to a rookie wr, who had a brain fart and didn't realize the throw was leading him up the field. Incomplete. Cut to face of angry quarterback. Those things are going to happen when your 3 starting WR's are Davante and two rookies, but everything is under the microscope when you're losing and the team looks like ass
Rodgers is a stud, not taking anything away from him. Just nitpicking an elite QB - Same as calling Tom Brady a system QB even though he's a GOAT

You ever consider the idea that maybe you are the goddamn casual around here?
I study too much tape for that.

Rodgers is a stud, not taking anything away from him. Just nitpicking an elite QB - Same as calling Tom Brady a system QB even though he's a GOAT

I study too much tape for that.
Fa sho. I just hope he still has a couple years of GOATness left in the tank after McCanthy gets canned, and then we can see what's really up (unless they hire fucking Jeff Fisher or something, but, i doubt Gute will let that happen). A good coach and scheme will really shine a light on these things we're discussing

He's Aaron Rodgers, not some rookie scrub who's not allowed to ever audible. How about he audibles to a slant every once in a while. A quick out. A timing pattern of some kind, the kind every other quarterback in the league throws from time to time. I did see him throw one quick out late in the game, and it was so bad he had no choice but to take the blame for that one.

The guy has zero accountability for himself. It's irritating. It's literally always someone else's fault. That's all i'm saying. Even if it is always someone else's fault, as a quarterback, your demeanor and body language matter. He's a great quarterback, but not in that area.
You are hilariously overblowing what he actually does.

Tbh, it sounds like you watched a poor half of football and are now criticizing one of the best QBs ever entire resume for it.

Well seeing as he was the best blocker I've ever seen, he's got a good argument for it. He was better than some olinemen he played against

Guy had a knack for saving Raahgaahs' ass

I'd take William Henderson over Kuhn every day of the week, as both a blocker and definitely as a receiver. Kuhn was the better runner.

I'd take William Henderson over Kuhn every day of the week, as both a blocker and definitely as a receiver. Kuhn was the better runner.

Henderson's helicopter move > Kuhn

Lorenzo Neal > all those other cans

Guy was fucking huge

That's why more players need to kneel for the anthem.

Tony Richardson is the GOAT fullback.

Fa sho. I just hope he still has a couple years of GOATness left in the tank after McCanthy gets canned, and then we can see what's really up (unless they hire fucking Jeff Fisher or something, but, i doubt Gute will let that happen). A good coach and scheme will really shine a light on these things we're discussing

Lincoln Riley is the perfect fit for Rodgers, imo.

Yo that's my boy KB. Don't disrespect the GOAT of Chick Fil'e and jump balls
Just nitpicking here but it's not Chick Fil A but Bojangles that lured that young man. Believe me I know, when you're in Charlotte and recovering from a night of partying those delicious meat biscuits call your damn name. That kid didn't stand a chance.

Just nitpicking here but it's not Chick Fil A but Bojangles that lured that young man. Believe me I know, when you're in Charlotte and recovering from a night of partying those delicious meat biscuits call your damn name. That kid didn't stand a chance.

Bojangles is fucking amazing.

Lorenzo Neal > all those other cans

Guy was fucking huge
Lo Neal is the best FB ever.

He is still a brick shit house. Hes part of a Bay Area morning sports radio show now so hes always around here.

His son is a monster also. Hes like a 6’2 315 DT for Purdue.

Someone PM me tomorrow morning to remind me to do my expert Week 11 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back