NFL Discussion: PEDhawks Predictions

How many games will the PEDhawks win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy how much BS reporting people run with. Nothing but hot take garbage that everyone takes as gospel.

What's crazier is how many people don't actually read the article which shows that there are fewer people watching NFL football but tries to rationalize that it isn't. This is how misinformation spreads. It also shows how statistics can be manipulated.

What's crazier is how many people don't actually read the article which shows that there are fewer people watching NFL football but tries to rationalize that it isn't. This is how misinformation spreads. It also shows how statistics can be manipulated.
You are acting like you unlocked some secret in the article that no one else understands. The title literally says " They were actually up in 2017, relative to general TV viewership: "

I haven't watched any football since February.

"NFL games accounted for 37 of the year's top 50 broadcasts, or nearly three-quarters (74%) of the most-watched programs on TV. That marked a 32% increase compared to 2016, when the NFL had 28 of the top 50 most-watched programs"

I mean technically you are right, but it's fact that TV viewership is down. NFL still being king (and the gap getting wider in some ways) is a positive takeaway in the grand scheme of things. I believe revenue went up another billion over the year.

Television viewership is down because there are other platforms to watch. NFL football is on television and is best watched live. The television contract was set up years ago with yearly increases. ESPN is supposed to be dying but it's one of a few television networks that actually had an increase in the number of viewers in 2017.

You are acting like you unlocked some secret in the article that no one else understands. The title literally says " They were actually up in 2017, relative to general TV viewership: "

That's why I read the article. I wanted to see how the statistics were being spun. I recall years ago that police were finding a much higher percentage of impaired drivers on the road in traffic stops at night than the percentage of impaired drivers involved in collisions during the same time period. Those statistics could be used to argue that it's better to drive drunk.

As the saying goes, there are three kinds of lies, lies, damned lies and statistics.

Those statistics don't add in the monstrous amount of people that stream games because they don't want to pay for expensive league packages

Those statistics don't add in the monstrous amount of people that stream games because they don't want to pay for expensive league packages
Or Redzone

The NFL is fucking killing it still. Applying a tiny bit of critical thinking shows that.

2018 was the most watched draft of all time right?

Good call. Soft boy took care of Mack on that play from what I saw.
They were getting after it that game. Theres a video floating around of Mack mic’d up for a lot of those plays. There was a lot of activity coming his way after the plays were over.

Or Redzone

The NFL is fucking killing it still. Applying a tiny bit of critical thinking shows that.

And Bars that have the package and people go there to watch.

NASCAR Dayton was WAY down.

NHL, NBA and MLB is up but that's mainly because they have great streaming apps.

And Bars that have the package and people go there to watch.

NASCAR Dayton was WAY down.

NHL, NBA and MLB is up but that's mainly because they have great streaming apps.

You can stream the races and watch in car cameras from several drivers. Fox and NBC are broadcasting many of the races on their sports channels to increase viewership for those but you have to have a cable or satellite service package that will cost about $100/month or more. NFL games are required to be on free tv because of the exemption that congress gave them to antitrust laws.

Games on ESPN are questionable. The NFL says they qualify because ESPN is a basic channel on all services. The NFL Network was initiated with the thought of converting all games to pay per view but that could cause Congress to lift the antitrust exemption. This would allow each team to negotiate their own television contracts. Congress already threatened to change the exemption because of the domestic violence issues which is why the NFL got stricter.

Lol @ watching cars go left.

Lol @ watching cars go left.

Gawd dammit! This post just made me spilled Budweiser all over my confederate flag shirt and I knocked over General Lee replica!

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL...es-it-up-with-Cleveland-Browns/8261531148960/

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell did his best to toughen up the Cleveland Browns.

Liddell talked to the players on the positions on body contact and hand fighting during a trip to the Browns' facility last month. The 48-year-old also stressed having the competitive mindset of a champion.

"If they take one lesson out of this, they need to break the guy in front of them. If they keep that in mind the whole game, it's gonna change," Liddell said.

Browns head coach Hue Jackson certainly wants change after seeing his team compile a 1-31 record over the last two seasons, including a winless campaign in 2017.

"I wanted to do something different for our players. I wanted them to experience something different," Jackson said. "It's a different type of sport but there are some common traits in both sports and I think it's always important to be looking for something different to improve your footballteam."

tenor.gif

Today's lesson is going to be about how not to get coked up in public.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...-holding-her-against-her-will-police-say.html

Super Bowl champion arrested after kidnapping woman and holding her against her will, police say

Former Super Bowl champion cornerback Brandon Browner is facing several charges after allegedly kidnapping a woman and holding her against her will in California on Sunday, police said.
Brandon Browner, 33, physically harmed a woman and threatened to kill her after breaking into a La Verne home, La Verne police said. When the woman tried to escape, police said he forced her back into the house, according to the Boston Globe.

Browner was charged with kidnapping, false imprisonment, burglary and a restraining order violation, according to NBC Los Angeles. Browner was arrested in Azusa after fleeing the scene before police arrived. He allegedly stole a $20,000 Rolex watch from the home, the station reported.

Browner and the woman had a “previous relationship” and the former defensive back had a restraining order against him, according to the Boston Globe.

The former Oregon State star was an instrumental part of the New England Patriots’ Super Bowl XLIX win. He played five NFL seasons, three with the Seattle Seahawks, one with the Patriots and another with the New Orleans Saints.

He hasn’t played since 2015.

NFL finna suspend Browner for 2 games.

Where’s that chart @MarkyMcFly always likes to post showing how little Cowboys players get in trouble. Think that thing needs to be updated.

Do Cowboys fans ever get tired of this shit? I went through the comments of their SB nation site and these people are flipping through self defense law and all this shit. Wouldn't you rather just have a team that isn't filled with assholes and can make it to the game every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back