NFL Discussion v.28: Not like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him. Lots of toxic coaching jobs out there, if you're comfy roll with it.

I don't blame him. Lots of toxic coaching jobs out there, if you're comfy roll with it.

Ballard would be the GM. The report(s) goes to show how toxic the 49ers situation is. If a guy, no matter how well respected around the league, has ZERO GM experience and wont even interview for your franch...that's a bad, bad look.

Broncos going hard after Shanny 2.0, Elway saying decision on Wade won't come until HC is in place as it'll be their team to put together, Wade saying he absolutely doesn't want to go anywhere else.

Next HC would be a fucking fool to ditch Wade, he's become pretty beloved in Denver and he's done a pretty good job with that defense.

Shanahan would walk into probably the best available situation right now. Won't be surprised at all if he passes for another job given he'd be coaching in his dad's shadow.

Broncos going hard after Shanny 2.0, Elway saying decision on Wade won't come until HC is in place as it'll be their team to put together, Wade saying he absolutely doesn't want to go anywhere else.

Next HC would be a fucking fool to ditch Wade, he's become pretty beloved in Denver and he's done a pretty good job with that defense.

Shanahan would walk into probably the best available situation right now. Won't be surprised at all if he passes for another job given he'd be coaching in his dad's shadow.
Good news to hear the part about Wade wanting to stay back. Get Shan Jr. and let him handle the offense. Hopefully he would be smart enough to let Wade do his job without interruption

Obviously, this is all happening pretty fast, so I get if there's not enough info to have a really strong viewpoint, but are there any candidates that you (or the blogosphere) would want Denver to pursue?

Ballard would be the GM. The report(s) goes to show how toxic the 49ers situation is. If a guy, no matter how well respected around the league, has ZERO GM experience and wont even interview for your franch...that's a bad, bad look.
Oooh, that makes more sense, haven't been paying much attention to the front office stuff other than the basics. It'll be pretty interesting to see who SF ends up with, maybe some moneyball dork with algorhithms from the Valley.

Good news to hear the part about Wade wanting to stay back. Get Shan Jr. and let him handle the offense. Hopefully he would be smart enough to let Wade do his job without interruption
That's one of the biggest and most obvious moves that a new HC needs to make. I honestly don't think Elway would be on board with some big headed douche trying to come in and clean house, make his own mark, all that crap.
Obviously, this is all happening pretty fast, so I get if there's not enough info to have a really strong viewpoint, but are there any candidates that you (or the blogosphere) would want Denver to pursue?
From what's out there I think most everyone is on board with Kyle Shanahan. I still have some apprehension about a young, hot shot OC since the McDaniel's experiment but I feel much better about a choice with Ellis and Elway making the decision.

I just think it's the most obvious fit. A new, offensive mind might be what the team needs.

2 GB execs have at least agreed to interview. Sounds like we will be drafting the next Aaron Rodgers rather then another Alex Smith!

Ballard is essentially the head scout (with a different title) for the Chiefs. Along with Dorsey, they have completely changed the talent level and depth of their roster. Any team he eventually goes to and GMs for is getting a great eye for talent.

Think you misinterpreted my post. Wasnt dancing on the 49ers grave. lol.

Also, Canex gonna BALL in the postseason. You will never see TE, WR bubble screens thrown so well, as well as the inherent beauty of the flight of a loose spiral on 5 yard drag routes. Who needs a QB that can throw 70 yard rainbow hail marys when you have Alex's ability to check down? lol

Ballard is essentially the head scout (with a different title) for the Chiefs. Along with Dorsey, they have completely changed the talent level and depth of their roster. Any team he eventually goes to and GMs for is getting a great eye for talent.

Also, Canex gonna BALL in the postseason. You will never see TE, WR bubble screens thrown so well, as well as the inherent beauty of the flight of a loose spiral on 5 yard drag routes. Who needs a QB that can throw 70 yard rainbow hail marys when you have Alex's ability to check down? lol
First and foremost fuck the Queefs with all of my heart. But I'll be damned if this might be their best chance at a SB. AFC's bracket seems pretty weak and if KC can get healthy I could see them giving NE a fight for the SB slot. Once you get to the big game its a crap shoot and you never know what will happen. That being said if KC wins a SB I will puke my fucking guts out.

lol no offense taken, I was just giving you a hard time. I would have been very happy with Ballard (another great draft for the chiefs this year).

Eliot Wolf Direct of football operations for Packers, and Brian Gutekunst director of college scouting are the 2 guys that have agreed.

That's better. You heaping pile of shit
image.jpg

Wouldn't mind seeing the Chefs win the sb. Canex with a ring would piss me off but it'd be balanced out by dudes like Berry and Houston

Got into an argument on FB about Brees.

I said he was easily a first ballot HOFer and the guy I was arguing with thought he wouldn't be first ballot because he was never the best QB in the league (behind Brady, Manning and Rodgers).

I'll admit I'm a Brees nut hugger but I think you can definitely make a case that Brees was the best QB in the league for a time (I think he's the best in the league this year) and barring injury I think he'll end up being considered better than Manning.

He should definitely take the yards record, a good shot at TDS and he already had completion %.

You add on a Super Bowl and the fact he never had an elite WR (although he had an elite TE) I don't see how he couldn't be first ballot.

Anyone doubting Breesus isn't a first ballot hall of famer is wrong.

Being a Chiefs fan I'm nervous as fuck. I've trained myself to never expect anything good to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back