• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cord cutting
Commercials
Some people think the game is rigged
Some hate that fantasy football influence s the game
2 natural disasters

Hasn't football been declining in viewership for awhile?
I tried cutting the cord and find a good stream is dam near impossible. Find a stream with a good picture and its constantly buffering, only way to not buffer was a stream with a brutal picture. I have 250 speed so it wasn't my connection.

Pro sports in general has always counted on tradition and habit as part of their marketing. I think the NFL thought it was a little too invincible, especially when it comes to commercials and all the boring talking heads they trot out. This generation is perfectly happy checking out the highlights after a game, which honestly seems fine sometimes. Foootball games can drag big time.

I recall in the 1960s, the games started at 1PM Central time and were over by 3PM. They often had time for interviews after the first game and that was with a 15 minute halftime. Fantasy football enters into this too as people don't follow one team.

I recall in the 1960s, the games started at 1PM Central time and were over by 3PM. They often had time for interviews after the first game and that was with a 15 minute halftime. Fantasy football enters into this too as people don't follow one team.
My dad was telling me the other day that when he first started LISTENING to football (you know, pre-TVs being in every house... sssoooo, Bart Starr was still a damn college kid at this point in time) that they didn't have those rule changes for stepping out of bound stops the clock, the 2 minute warning (that he remembers), or the incomplete passes stopping the clock. He was like "games used to be done in like an hour and a half".

Yeah, I'd say we're definitely moving into the Redzone Generation. If my team isn't playing, why do I want to watch Chuck Pagano make faces on the sidelines for half a minute between every play? Oh, second down, run for a loss, commercial, banter, plug for a movie, 3rd down, incomplete pass, it can be exhausting. Football is probably my favorite sport, but ratings were probably a little spiked and are coming down to Earth. Ratings mean nothing to me in the long run, but I'd prefer they try to make their product as entertaining as possible, and I'm not sure they know what that means.

COLLUSION

theyre still playing like cans though <2>

I wonder how that guy gets the down the field angle?

That dudes life must suck if he's a self proclaimed Raiders Analyst lol.

Overall I think the ratings come down to "Who are you watching, other than your favorite team?". Over the last ten years, the league was fortunate to have storylines that made care. Rise of fantasy football, Brady vs Manning, NO after the storm putting up video game numbers, divisional rivalries like Steelers vs Ravens and 49ers vs Seahawks for a short bit. Right now i think a lot of people are watching out of habit.

Green Bay seems to be a network game on in Boston every week, Rodgers became must see TV. Shame he went down, its an easy jumping off point to broader fame, being the guy who steals the cowboys' souls.

Green Bay seems to be a network game on in Boston every week, Rodgers became must see TV. Shame he went down, its an easy jumping off point to broader fame, being the guy who steals the cowboys' souls.

He doesn't steal souls, he crushes dreams. He barely beats the Cowboys when he does beat them. It just always seems to be in the important games. I have a bit of ptsd if we are being honest

I don't know what the hell you people are talking about. Ratings look good for America's team.

"America's Team" needs to throw to Dez more and Dez needs to stop using the butter on his gloves.

Refs have cost the niners 2 games with their BS offensive PI calls. First time I have ever seen the intended receiver be called for an illegal pick

He doesn't steal souls, he crushes dreams. He barely beats the Cowboys when he does beat them. It just always seems to be in the important games. I have a bit of ptsd if we are being honest

Yeah, it's gotta be brutal, but it's very endearing to someone with a lingering hatred of the cowboys from 20 years ago.

"America's Team" needs to throw to Dez more and Dez needs to stop using the butter on his gloves.

They've thrown to Dez, A lot. Dez has, I think, 1 drop on the entire season so far. Dak needs to throw him catchable balls, and Linehan needs to use him like the WR he is, instead of throwing him in routes like he's a Desean Jackson type of player. They've been shifting that way more the last two games, but we'll see.

Then, if we are purely talking production and not fantasy reasons...name who you think the top 5 WR's in the league are, and then compare their TD #'s to Dez this season.

Dak's calming down and the coaches are starting to have Dez run more dez-like routes. So, I'm hoping for a bump in production, but I aint promising you shit. This coaching staff is old school as fuck and don't like to change shit.

They've thrown to Dez, A lot. Dez has, I think, 1 drop on the entire season so far. Dak needs to throw him catchable balls, and Linehan needs to use him like the WR he is, instead of throwing him in routes like he's a Desean Jackson type of player. They've been shifting that way more the last two games, but we'll see.
Considering my team's season is probably over I just want everyone on my fantasy team to start going off.. at the same time.

Enough of this one guy scores 40 points while everyone else gets 10 shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back