NFL DISCUSSION V4: Kicking is Hard Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevathan named NFC defensive player of week

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/trevathan-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-week

Larry Mayer
BEARS SENIOR WRITER

w4oz6crov9d3ntiobrsw.jpg

Bears inside linebacker Danny Trevathan has been named the NFC defensive player of the week for his performance in Monday night's 24-17 win over the Seattle Seahawks at Soldier Field.

Trevathan registered a team-high eight tackles and two sacks as well as one tackle-for-loss, two quarterback hits and one forced fumble. It was the first multi-sack game of his seven-year NFL career. On one of the sacks of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, Trevathan forced a fumble that teammate Leonard Floyd recovered.

This is the first career player of the week award for Trevathan. The last Bears player to win it was safety Eddie Jackson, who was honored in Week 7 of last season after he scored touchdowns on a 75-yard fumble return and a 76-yard interception return in a 17-3 victory over the Panthers.

Nagy needs to teach Mig-o-titties how to throw left and you got yourself a ball club.

He's got the Zoolander disease
His TD pass to Miller was to the left. Titties is still sadly an A cup at the moment though.

"Literally shut the fuck up"

If he doesn't have an offensive line he doesn't have time for routes to develop down field to throw to. Also you're assuming Barkley is a top runningback. In both games he's been pretty meh outside of his 68 yard break in week one.

giphy.gif

Barkley is a stud. He can only make so many people miss before the turnstyles blocking for him let him get eaten alive

Ya I assumed this was going to your RBs are overrated and you should only take QBs/lineman thing.

I can cherry pick some stats too though. The Giants have 3.7ypc on the season. The Rams have 3.9. The Colts who took the best lineman and arguably player in the draft, plus another guard, are at 3.6. The Jets who took a top QB are at 3.8.

I honestly think Eli is playing as bad if not worse than the line. He wouldnt throw deep or in tight windows against Dallas.

Barkley has been hit behind the LOS the third most in the league, but also has broken the first tackle on 12 of 25 attempts against Dallas. If shit is this bad with a top RB Id hate to see what it looks like without one.
Well now that you mention it, look at the rushing leaders and it does sort of lead to the idea that you should focus on building your OL. Have a good OL and you will be able to find a RB that can produce behind it. Have a shit OL and even a good RB will struggle. <LynchWink>

Well now that you mention it, look at the rushing leaders and it does sort of lead to the idea that you should focus on building your OL. Have a good OL and you will be able to find a RB that can produce behind it. Have a shit OL and even a good RB will struggle. <LynchWink>
The guys that took the top lineman arent doing shit either.

The browns are favored tonight lol.. this is only the second time that’s happened in their last 37 games lmfao

That defense is legit. They’re wasting it keeping Goatfield on the sidelines.

Should give Darnold a rough night.

I’d like to see GOATfield in action sooner than later but I’m also okay with him on the bench for this season then going off next year.

Gayfield looked like shit the only time he played against 1s in the preseason.

They would be 2-0 if they hadn't forced their injured kicker to play.

They should let Mayfield sit and learn. They don't need to Browns this kid this soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back