NFL Discussion v53: Bring back Stickem

What should the Raiders trade Cooper for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Gore is a probably a HOFer but I don't think he'll be first ballot. He was only really elite for 1 season (his 2nd). After that he was just solid/consistent imo.

Frank Gore is a probably a HOFer
Every single running back whose top 10 in yards got in first ballot. Gore will finish 5th and was a arguably a better pass blocker than all of them.......

"Probably a HOFer" is drunk talk

Frank Gore is a probably a HOFer but I don't think he'll be first ballot. He was only really elite for 1 season (his 2nd). After that he was just solid/consistent imo.
Never liked this argument. Either the fucker deserves to be in or he doesn't. If there is a limited number per class that is a different story, but especially in baseball they are stupid with this idea.

From my memory, I give Rod Woodson the slight edge over Deion for the #2 spot. But when you take into account what is required for the corner position, combined with the era they played in, Champ is the no-brainer #1, imo. Champ was every bit as good a cover corner as Deion, perhaps even slightly better, and Champ was inarguably better at tackling and run support.

3) Deion
2) Rod Woodson
1) Champ Bailey.
<TrumpWrong1>

Woodson is the best DB of all time.

Damn that stiff arm was gangster

Frank Gore is my dude, but he got his numbers from a long career rather then being elite. He has one second team all pro. He was never the best RB in the league, his biggest rushing season where he hit 1600 yards he was 3rd in rushing. He never hit 1300 yards again. Great 49er and I will be happy if/when he gets in, but it's not the type of career I vote in.

**ANd I usually avoid HOF discussions for this reason, I award elite play over longevity.

I award elite play over longevity.
Running back is the one position where you have to overrated longevity. This is the position thats literally labeled "30 and done". You can't get 1,000 yards rushing 10 times by being anything other than elite at this position.

There's a reason why every running back whose top 10 in yards got in FIRST ballot.

Running back is the one position where you have to overrated longevity. This is the position thats literally labeled "30 and done". You can't get 1,000 yards rushing 10 times by being anything other than elite at this position.

There's a reason why every running back whose top 10 in yards got in FIRST ballot.
This would be his 3rd straight season has a sub 4 YPC RB. So he's not a very good RB at this point (he's old, no shame), but he's still accumulating 1k yards per year.

He's not even the best "Woodson" of all time.

rm7uelr.gif

Lol at Michaels thinking that was Lazy

I got excited that Eddie Lazy lost a bunch of weight because of Michaels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back