NFL Discussion v64: Cohen Uses Cheat Codes

Worst HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that Vontaze Burfict got off the stretcher in the locker room and was pissed

anigif_enhanced-31070-1403729816-3.gif

Its a clean hit imho.
Personal biases aside, that was clearly an illegal hit made to injure. He should get a game for that.

Don't feel bad for Burfict in the slightest but that hit was dirty.

Personal biases aside, that was clearly an illegal hit made to injure. He should get a game for that.

I disagree. I first thought it was a peel-back because Gruden called it one, but it was actually a crack-back, which I think is legal as long as it's perpendicular to the sideline. If he had been coming back downfield from his route while Burfict was turning upfield following the ballcarrier, it would have been an illegal peel-back.

That's just my understanding of the rules, though. I could be wrong.

200 yards worth of penalties? Oh ya, that’s entertainment.

I will never not watch an AFC North prime time game.

Unless one of the team is the Browns, then LOL @ watching.

Juju is a Natioonal Hero!

NFL man of the year candidate

I talked to a few guys who had shares.

I was like "oh, thats cool."

My uncle, who can be very blunt, was like "you know those things are fucking worthless right?"

Not worthless. Shareholders get 4 tickets to the annual shareholders meeting and free tours. They get to vote. They also get the opportunity to purchase items that only shareholders can buy. Of course the biggest benefit of purchasing stock is the fact that the team can't be sold or moved like so many have been as well as knowing you have helped the team raise money to compete against those with rich owners.

This thread has had at least 8 contenders for GOAT Sherdog post in the past 12 hours.

The NFL thread is consistently at the top for best posts. Not always the most analytical, but these threads alone keep me on SD.

Im going to the Chiefs v Raiders game this week, fully expecting the game to end in a tie- just one more dagger the Chiefs can place in my heart this year.

200 yards worth of penalties? Oh ya, that’s entertainment.

I had to laugh at the announcer calling for the refs to stop calling penalties. Then after the game some reporter asked Lewis if the NFL should leave it up to the players to settle these things. It kind of what the NFL is doing because they don't have penalties severe enough to stop the violent hits so the players retaliate.

One thing the NFL could do is when they consider Gronk's appeal, up the penalty to 4 games to send a message.

I dont agree. Give him a penalty because there was some contact to the head, but he didnt look to aim for the head and he didnt lead with his head or launch.

It was just a hard crack back. However, standing over him like that was poor form.

I disagree. I first thought it was a peel-back because Gruden called it one, but it was actually a crack-back, which I think is legal as long as it's perpendicular to the sideline. If he had been coming back downfield from his route while Burfict was turning upfield following the ballcarrier, it would have been an illegal peel-back.

That's just my understanding of the rules, though. I could be wrong.
In no way is launching yourself into an opponent's helmet a legal block.

badjuju.0.gif

He crouched and then leaves his feet, before launching himself into Burfict's head. It's clearly intentional.

Im going to the Chiefs v Raiders game this week, fully expecting the game to end in a tie- just one more dagger the Chiefs can place in my heart this year.

Chiefs have been such a letdown. They are now the closest team to me, and I really was drinking the koolaid early in the season that they were SB contenders.

I dont agree. Give him a penalty because there was some contact to the head, but he didnt look to aim for the head and he didnt lead with his head or launch.

It was just a hard crack back. However, standing over him like that was poor form.
He launched himself into Burfict's helmet. Dirty hit. And "some contact to the head" was enough to concuss him and send him off on a stretcher.

I'd call it targeting as much as Iloka's was.

Both deserve a week off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back