NFL Discussion v78: A match made in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t want to pay either of those two cans 13-15 million a year.
Literally dont give a shit what any player gets paid lol. Its not my money.

As long as they play well and win games I dont care if they make 100 mil a year.

But in a capped league you have to care. You don’t want either taking up a significant portion of it.

But in a capped league you have to care. You don’t want either taking up a significant portion of it.
No I think cap troubles are wildly overrated.

Really not that difficult to pay good players.

Fair point. Guess I should ammend that with "they need to learn to ask better bums on who to draft"

Sashi (Browns GM) had the same problem as Trent Baalke - thought he was way smarter then everyone else. Just take the players mocked to the Browns by armchair QBs and they are way better off.

I wouldnt want to pay 15mil for a slot receiver.

Landry is a good player and maybe he would be more productive in a better offense, but he is a slot stat filler. Here is the first game of the season vs the Chargers, 13 REC 15 TARGETS 78 Yards

Here are his "chain moving" 3rd down catches:
3rd and 6 - Landry for 1 yard
3rd and 4 -Landry for -2 yards
3rd and 3- Landry for 5 yards
3rd and 14 - Landry for 8 yards
3rd and 4 - Landry for -2 yards
3rd and 9 - Landry for 12 yards

It's me cherry picking a random game, but he has tons of examples of 10+ targets and low yards:
15 targets - 78 yards
11 targets - 48 yards
10 targets - 44 yards
14 targets - 62 yards
12 targets - 33 yards
10 targets - 42 yards

That is all from this season. Sammy Watkins has 11 games in his career of 10+ targets, he went under 78 yards in one of them. Obviously being open plays a big role, but Landry is producing basing on an abundance of opportunity. He is top 5 in targets every year, getting more chances then guys like Julio and AJ Green.

Hes still on the field, moving the chains.....

Theres also something to be said about still making the catches when hes force fed the ball. Teams know its coming his way.

Last edited:
Its going to be extremely interesting to see what the Browns do/dont do with Josh Gordon.

Julius Thomas getting cut lmao

Its going to be extremely interesting to see what the Browns do/dont do with Josh Gordon.
I saw yesterday that he is actually an exclusive FA instead of a RFA. Basically, other teams can't even talk to him. So it will be easy for them to hold onto him, should they choose to.

Hes still on the field, moving the chains.....

Theres also something to be said about still making the catches when hes force fed the ball. Teams know its coming his way.

Eh, like I said - I'm probably a bit bias because I'm not a huge fan of his game. Sammy Watkins is helping a team when the safety is always cheating his way, without him even touching the ball. I think it's a fun/fair conversation though

I saw yesterday that he is actually an exclusive FA instead of a RFA. Basically, other teams can't even talk to him. So it will be easy for them to hold onto him, should they choose to.
What is a “qualifying offer” though?

I assume they could still trade him if they chose to also.
Eh, like I said - I'm probably a bit bias because I'm not a huge fan of his game. Sammy Watkins is helping a team when the safety is always cheating his way, without him even touching the ball. I think it's a fun/fair conversation though
I feel it. Hes not flashy and doesnt make the huge deep plays.

Same position but wildly different positions.

Some intel on Vontae Davis.

Supposedly he is a guy you want no part of. There's a reason the Texans brought in Amerson and not him. Complete head case and not worth the touble. One person told me me to look at his tape (I don't care enough to do it) and that he hasn't been good since 14.

Gordon is interesting @PUO3. They want to keep him but there are a lot of "current concerns"

Some intel on Vontae Davis.

Supposedly he is a guy you want no part of. There's a reason the Texans brought in Amerson and not him. Complete head case and not worth the touble. One person told me me to look at his tape (I don't care enough to do it) and that he hasn't been good since 14.

Gordon is interesting @PUO3. They want to keep him but there are a lot of "current concerns"
I try to trade him if Im the Browns.

I'd much rather have Candry than the human injury report btw. @Revolver can tell you I like Sammy too since Clemson. He just will never stay on the field.

I try to trade him if Im the Browns.

Not much of a market outside of a late conditional pick. He's one violation away from being gone for good and it's no secret he's drinking again. Only good thing in his favor is he's not having to take his 80 hour test anymore (shit pilots have to take). He's taking the 24 hour test. PA helped him a lot there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back