NFL Discussion v78: A match made in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold that thought.

DV is something that doesnt fly in Oak. (Biletnekoff’s daughter’s foundation.) Its why Hardy wasnt brought in. Hes done.

Aldon Smith was under investigation for alleged domestic violence about a year ago, as well, wasn't he?

Aldon Smith was under investigation for alleged domestic violence about a year ago, as well, wasn't he?
Honestly dont know. Stopped paying attention to that waste of life after his video high as all fuck.

Anyway, hell be cut shortly. I imagine Bucky Davis himself will make the statement.

still makes him by far the highest paid RB by about 5mil this year.
Still potentially risks losing millions and millions of dollars.

The franchise tag should be non-existent. At worst, it should be a one year max allowance by the team.

The franchise tag should be non-existent. At worst, it should be a one year max allowance by the team.
Eh I like it. I guess I agree on it being a one year thing, but if a team is willing to pay a guy top dollar I don't mind them getting to keep a guy they drafted

This. At the very worst they should have to pay up the ass in order to use it. The first year franchise is bullshit. Should penalize the team more for having to use it. Lets say 150% of the top 5 salaries at the position.

i dont see him getting THAT much more in FA.
I dont see a team paying a RB anywhere close to 20mil/yr currently.

And the franchise tag is structured, so that it discourages Teams from using it more than once because they'd essentialy make the player the highest paid at his position.
Redskins for example, could've saved a bunch of money if they signed cousins to a long term deal instead of using 2 franchise tags and now paying Smith.

Though i agree that the tag should be more punishing to Teams using it.
Thats something they could adress at the next CBA

And the franchise tag is structured, so that it discourages Teams from using it more than once because they'd essentialy make the player the highest paid at his position.
Redskins for example, could've saved a bunch of money if they signed him to a long term deal instead of using 2 franchise tags and now paying Smith.
Players will always value long term security over a one year deal regardless of amount. What happens if Bells has a season ending career? He would be fucked. You also have to consider the useful life of a RB. They don't have many years to waste.

Honestly dont know. Stopped paying attention to that waste of life after his video high as all fuck.

Anyway, hell be cut shortly. I imagine Bucky Davis himself will make the statement.

I'm just sitting here, trying to stir the pot my man.

Players will always value long term security over a one year deal regardless of amount. What happens if Bells has a season ending career? He would be fucked. You also have to consider the useful life of a RB. They don't have many years to waste.
Meh, "Big contracts" in the NFL are typically 2 year deals. There are exceptions to that (especially QBs), but 80% of contracts (Pulling this number out of my ass) are so they can be cut after 2 seasons. That's the reason I'm fine with the tag, I don't think big contracts offer that much more long term security. The Steelers already offered him a 5 year deal to be the highest paid RB in the league

Meh, "Big contracts" in the NFL are typically 2 year deals. There are exceptions to that (especially QBs), but 80% of contracts (Pulling this number out of my ass) are so they can be cut after 2 seasons. That's the reason I'm fine with the tag, I don't think big contracts offer that much more long term security. The Steelers already offered him a 5 year deal to be the highest paid RB in the league
It's all about the guaranteed money. How much of that deal was guaranteed? Don't really care about the length or total amount without seeing that.

Also, if you don't want to pay him what he wants at least let him get it from another team. That's why the franchise tag is bullshit.

Eh I like it. I guess I agree on it being a one year thing, but if a team is willing to pay a guy top dollar I don't mind them getting to keep a guy they drafted
Fuck that. If they can get more elsewhere thats where they should go.

Redskins for example, could've saved a bunch of money if they signed cousins to a long term deal instead of using 2 franchise tags and now paying Smith.

Though i agree that the tag should be more punishing to Teams using it.
Thats something they could adress at the next CBA
What do you think Bell would get in FA?

His gauranteed money would be incredibly more than the 14.5 hes getting from a franchise tag.

2017:
Keenum (14.5 games) 68% 3.547yds 22TD/7INT
Cousins (16gms) 64% 4.093 27TD/13INT

And Cousins lost his 2 best receivers before the season, his TE was barely on the field, Pryor/Doctson sucked and his o line completely disintegrated via injury

Cousins has basically been a Top 10 NFL QB since he got the starting job, while Keenum was one of the worst before 2017.
I’m aware of their numbers. I don’t think you can compare Kirk to Case after this season.

It's all about the guaranteed money. How much of that deal was guaranteed? Don't really care about the length or total amount without seeing that.

Also, if you don't want to pay him what he wants at least let him get it from another team. That's why the franchise tag is bullshit.
42M the first 3 years IIRC. Exactly, deals typically don't have guaranteed money beyond year 2.

Fuck that. If they can get more elsewhere thats where they should go.

I'm sort of bias because I like players sticking to a team. IF the team is forced to pay him top money, they should get to keep him. VS the shitty franchises like the Browns/Raiders throwing stupid money to steal them

42M the first 3 years IIRC. Exactly, deals typically don't have guaranteed money beyond year 2.

I'm sort of bias because I like players sticking to a team. IF the team is forced to pay him top money, they should get to keep him. VS the shitty franchises like the Browns/Raiders throwing stupid money to steal them
I assume you dont feel that way about your potential employers?

Youd say no to top dollar because someone else brought you in right lol.

I assume you dont feel that way about your potential employers?

Youd say no to top dollar because someone else brought you in right lol.
I totally understand why it's bad for a player. I still like the loyalty of a guy playing his entire career somewhere / being a fan favorite.

I totally understand why it's bad for a player. I still like the loyalty of a guy playing his entire career somewhere / being a fan favorite.
So do I. But they shouldnt be forced to.

still makes him by far the highest paid RB by about 5mil this year.

More like $6 million more unless another team decides to pay a running back more than $8.25 million. Bell will get 14.544 million under the franchise tag. [a 20% raise from last season]

More like $6 million more unless another team decides to pay a running back more than $8.25 million. Bell will get 14.544 million under the franchise tag. [a 20% raise from last season]
Freeman got 22 mil guaranteed on his deal.

Bell would get more than that.

Wilkerson's first stop after getting cut is Green Bay

Game dun changed. ESaL Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back