NFL Discussion v78: A match made in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Da GOD and Breesus reunion looking likely. Fuck ya.

I literally just joined my local Klan charter after watching Apke run. Unbelievable.

Andy Reid is probably my favorite coach and it really has nothing to do with him actually being good at coaching.

Freeman got 22 mil guaranteed on his deal.

Bell would get more than that.

I suspect the Steelers offered him more than that guaranteed in a longer term deal as a signing bonus is distributed over the length of the contract so is more cap friendly. I also suspect he is demanding much more. The franchise tag is to secure him for another season and give the Steelers a chance to work out a deal or find a replacement for 2019.

I suspect the Steelers offered him more than that guaranteed in a longer term deal as a signing bonus is distributed over the length of the contract so is more cap friendly. I also suspect he is demanding much more. The franchise tag is to secure him for another season and give the Steelers a chance to work out a deal or find a replacement for 2019.
Im aware of what the franchise tag does for the team.

Im also aware of what it does to players guaranteed money in other contracts.

All this BS loyalty standard fans expect players to follow is something they would never do themselves in their careers.

All this BS loyalty standard fans expect players to follow is something they would never do themselves in their careers.
Anyone who believes in a player being loyal to a team is fucking stupid unless they are under 15 years old.

Some lady went off on a chiefs Facebook page about players and owners only caring for money.

Maybe we get rid of the salary cap and then we'll see how cheap the hunt family is

Some lady went off on a chiefs Facebook page about players and owners only caring for money.

Maybe we get rid of the salary cap and then we'll see how cheap the hunt family is
Ask her if she works for free.

I for one fully endorse Bell trying to get paid what he thinks he's worth. I also very much hope the Steelers don't give it to him, to be honest. Shore up the run blocking and run a RB committee, don't spend 20some million on a running back, even if he is the best in the League.

I for one fully endorse Bell trying to get paid what he thinks he's worth. I also very much hope the Steelers don't give it to him, to be honest. Shore up the run blocking and run a RB committee, don't spend 20some million on a running back, even if he is the best in the League.
I agree with you. I sure as shit wouldnt want my team to pay any RB that much, but the reality is there are a lot of teams that would pay that dude a shit ton of money. Its ridiculous to me that a team can stop that from happening after a contract is fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back