NFL player are not A lvl ,not even close

soccer players are the best athelteh in the world, its a number game

the most played sport= most popular= most money= most competitive= only top guys make it trough

there is not a lot of boxers, just like they arent a lot of mma fighters, thats why they are not a level athletes

The only numbers game you need to know is that Americans dont play soccer they play basketball or football. Otherwise they would win the world cup every year.

Slavery caused genetic freaks in the US. And those freaks dont care about soccer.

Yeah Russell Westbrook and Lebron James aren't better athletes than Ronaldo lol.

6'5 220 pound Calvin Johnson who can run a 4.3 isnt a better athlete than Ronaldo.

1/ Of all team sports, basketball has the best overall pure athletes (the bigger well built body types, not the lanklets)

Many have the combination of: height, size, reach, athletiscism, stamina, agility, skills AND most importantly, eye-hand coordination

Why?

- Key difference: Eye-hand coordination is a pre-requisite

Otherwise if they couldn't catch or pass/throw, they would have been weeded out a long time ago.

No other team sports require the extent of eye-hand coordination as required by basketball:
Certainly not soccer (eye-hand coordination not a pre-requisite), only use feet.

You can't say you're a complete athlete if your eye-hand coordination is poor or lacking or non-requisite (like in soccer or NFL Linemen)
What good is being good only at kicking a ball FFS?
What else can do they?

In ancient times, at least good eye-hand coordination probably you were a good hunter.
But good at kicking a ball (soccer)? Probably would have starved to death as a hunter. LOL

- Stamina. These fuckers go all out, constantly running up & down the court for up to 45 min.
Combined with explosive movements (jumping, blocking shots, chasedown blocks etc)
Then there's the actual technical skill element required of shooting mechanics & dribbling, body control in layups
That's why a few ex-basketball players (not even NBA level) have found success in fighting sports

2/ Key test to determine "good athletes"

A good athlete by definition is good at OTHER sports

Plus basketball players are invariably good at other sports like: volleyball, handball etc...
Wilt Chamberlain was a college track star: high jump, 100 yds, long jump, triple jump, basketball, pro Volleyball player.
Many other basketball players had a CHOICE of playing football (tight end), baseball, basketball...

3/ Fight sports also requires excellent eye-hand coordination. Doh

Show me a soccer player (best players are usually under 5 ft 10, under 170 lb. LOL) who has transitioned to combat sports... LOL
One slap would shatter their delicate jaws..

This is the main reason why ex-basketball players (even college players who didn't reach NBA) have made the best transition to combat sports, from non-combat sports eg

- Deontay Wilder (boxer): WBC World champion. Late starter.

- Michael Grant (boxer) - former world #3, started boxing age 20. Challenged Lennox Lewis for world title

- Travis Browne (MMA): former top 5. Community college basketball player

Ex-basketball players Success in other sports:

- Brain Shaw (strongman): World #1

- Thor (Game of Thrones): (strongman) European #1

Volleyball: Wilt Chamberlain was a pro-volleyball player, in HOF

Handball: tons

Personally, I think basketball players are the best athletes in the world. To be the size that a lot of them are while remaining as co-ordinated as they are is no easy feat.

My athletes are better than yours at doing an arbitrary and very specific kind of exercices!

I still can't help but to remember when the coachs challenge in TUF was centered around gridiron football and JDS still beat Lesnar.

Lesnar is overrated as an athlete. He got clowned in the NFL pretty badly, and his lifting and 40 numbers were fairly pedestrian.

It's not about football being a more athletic sport. I would say basketball definitely is.

It's the fact that slaves were genetically engineered to be vastly superior than other humans, and that has in turn created guys like Adrian Peterson, Mike Vick, Randy Moss, Lamar Jackson, etc.

This isnt hard to understand.

Black kids get made fun of for playing soccer in high school. Why do you think the US sucks at soccer every year?

The only numbers game you need to know is that Americans dont play soccer they play basketball or football. Otherwise they would win the world cup every year.

Slavery caused genetic freaks in the US. And those freaks dont care about soccer.

Yeah Russell Westbrook and Lebron James aren't better athletes than Ronaldo lol.

6'5 220 pound Calvin Johnson who can run a 4.3 isnt a better athlete than Ronaldo.

Oh my, not the ‘mandingo’ theory <Lmaoo>

A lot of posters don’t understand explosive raw athleticism vs skill based athleticism

Football has the most explosive athletes (sprint, jump, strength)

Soccer and basketball have more skill (body control, technique, cardio)

I would agree with all of that aside from QB which is up there as one of the hardest positions in sports.

Lol soccer. The most successful World Cup team is the USA. All our men are busy playing football, baseball, and basketball tho...

I think you are putting words in my mouth friend. But thanks for grouping all us 'YANKS' together.

The point is to say that Greg Hardy is not an A level athlete just because of cardio is ridiculous. It is part of it, but so I quickness, explosiveness, strength, agility, vertical jump, etc...

They all play a factor. MMA fighters are A level athletes, so are pro American football players, international football players, hockey players, tennis players. The point is there are many factors that contribute to athleticism.
Football tends to be a sport built around explosiveness and strength. So 10 seconds of all out work are part of the sport.

I never said greg hardy is not a top athlete, nice job putting words in my mouth friend.

It seems people outside the US have a serious misunderstanding of Football (not soccer)
- There are different positions in football. Not everyone is a huge fat big guy.

In America our children play soccer at 3-5 years old so they can run around, kick a ball, learn team sports, and eat orange slices after the game.

Then we join real sports.

Okay, if soccer is so easy, why is the USA, a gigantic place with 370 million people, absolutely terrible at it?

If it is so easy to succeed in it and you guys have so many incredibly A level athletes, why not just assemble 11 dudes and take over the game, they would make a ton of money, billions to be made in football. Go for it.

PANEL OF AMERICAN EXPERTS judging sports. GOTCHA.

With the top sport with deepest athletic pool that america sucks balls at, at the bottom 10/10 on list. GOTCHA :D
The lame biased evil American publication argument. Why am I not surprised?

Soccer - eye hand coordination not a pre-requisite

So it's hardly a complete athlete in any sense of the word

So by your standards, simply because your sport uses their hands to manage the ball and another sport uses their feet instead, your sport requires a complete athlete and theirs doesn't, even though you simply flipped which limb you primarily use.

That is some high level mental gymnastics sir, good job. :D

It's the fact that slaves were genetically engineered to be vastly superior than other humans, and that has in turn created guys like Adrian Peterson, Mike Vick, Randy Moss, Lamar Jackson, etc.

It's a pretty common idea in North America, but it's not actually true. Slavery didn't last long enough to have such a decisive impact and slaves were never bred like cattles. Also the athletic attributes valued in American sports are not the ones useful for field labor: good slaves are resilient and fit for prolonged slow labor. Being super fast and explosive is useless for picking cotton or tobacco.

Lesnar is overrated as an athlete. He got clowned in the NFL pretty badly, and his lifting and 40 numbers were fairly pedestrian.

It's not about football being a more athletic sport. I would say basketball definitely is.

Black kids get made fun of for playing soccer in high school. Why do you think the US sucks at soccer every year?
do blacks kids also get made fun for being strong? because weightlifting is always dominated by white people, even asian do better than blacks

do you think black americans are dumb? because they were no reasons to breed blacks to become smarter, the opposite if anything

ronaldo and messi are much better athletes than anyone you named, and i hate soccer, is find it boring as fuck, but i am not delusional like you, the only country in the world that care about basketball is usa, the rest of the world care about soccer

It's always amusing when people pretend there is an objective standard for athleticism that cuts across vastly different sports and environments.

Retards: different sports draw very differently from the components of athleticism.

If you want to make any sort of comparison, simply do it at the component-level (i.e.-strength, cardio, hand-eye coordination, quickness, speed, etc...), not at the sport-level

The lame biased evil American publication argument. Why am I not surprised?

INCORRECT.

Greg hardy said to be a top 5 athlete for his role, seen this stated numerous times on sherdog, confirmed it via google.

I compared greg hardys straight up combine numbers to lesnar, and lesnar matched or beat him in every single category without fail.

So according to you, greg hardy is just an average pedestrian athlete and most NFL guys are pretty basic, if one of your top guys in his role is just pedestrian. No wonder there is so many fatties.

Okay, if soccer is so easy, why is the USA, a gigantic place with 370 million people, absolutely terrible at it?

If it is so easy to succeed in it and you guys have so many incredibly A level athletes, why not just assemble 11 dudes and take over the game, they would make a ton of money, billions to be made in football. Go for it.
We have taken over soccer. Most dominant World Cup teams ever, as I posted above. But men in America play other sports.

do blacks kids also get made fun for being strong? because weightlifting is always dominated by white people, even asian do better than blacks

do you think black americans are dumb? because they were no reasons to breed blacks to become smarter, the opposite if anything

ronaldo and messi are much better athletes than anyone you named, and i hate soccer, is find it boring as fuck, but i am not delusional like you, the only country in the world that care about basketball is usa, the rest of the world care about soccer

Well done for knowing your athletics, most people don't know that White people/Asians are always the strongest as far as cream of the crop, i always cringe when people say black dudes are the strongest, we get it, you are good at certain sports, but you are not good at strength and swimming etc. I looked at the worlds strongest man list and I don't think there wasn't one black dude in the list out of the 50 years its been running (at the highest level, there may have been 1 or 2, but it was such an obvious pattern i got bored) every time its a white or asian, and occassionally a mexican looking dude. I only found this info out because a dude was mad racist and claiming blacks are best at everything, so thanks to him i learned what my own race is really good at :) Now i know why we have dudes like khabib and GSP dominating everyone. Too strong for you boys

Last edited:
OPs assertion was obviously retarded, the NFL clearly has some of the most impressive and well rounded athletes on the planet, but holy shit has the butthurt it created triggered some top tier American idiocy in the responses.

So you think a linguine armed tennis player can fight for 15 minutes? LMAO

You're confusing athleticism with cardio.

A starting NFL RB/WR/DB/LB is so far above any soccer/tennis player in overall athleticism it's not even worth making a thread about.
they are all incredible athletes, that's why they make millions of dollars to play a sport. If it was easy everyone would do it. Each sport requires different types of athleticism, so an athlete needs to play in the sport that fits their natural abilities.

Football players have good cardio (other than lineman who still have great cardio for having to carry all that extra weight) they just play a sport where you sprint for a few seconds at a time instead of jogging for long periods of time like in soccer. Soccer players (or anyone else) can not sprint full speed for very long.

Back