NFL player are not A lvl ,not even close

lol that's so wrong and I like CR7.

athleticism is most often defined as the cumulative of speed, quickness, strength, fast twitch response, leaping and agility.
CR7 isn't faster than most NFL skill players (and some LBs and DLs), isn't quicker, can't jump as high and isn't as strong, but he's a better athlete? GTFO

Cardio also has nothing to do with athleticism, but thanks for playing.

I have never heard athleticism defined as that. I studied physical education until university. Thanks for trying to play.

I didn't need to, we shouldn't even be talking in the first place.
Your REPLY to my message which was directed at people's responses to the OP was so irrelevant to what I put and stated so much obvious for the reason I did in fact mention which was to do with your post, that your REPLY could have been tagged to the wrong person.

To clear it up for your dumbass.
The op was talking about athleticism
Most immediately replied about who would win in a fight
I pointed out the idiocy of sherdog to think athleticism was based on who would win a fight
You went on to say I wouldn't get it and why a nfl player at late age could transfer to ufc but a ufc fighter couldn't transfer to nfl at late age.
I then pointed out how this reiterates my point as it comes straight back to fighting and to top it off, a low level bracket of athleticism regarding fighting.

Do you understand or are you gonna come back with some form of stupidness like how an AV would define someone's knowledge, intellect or quality of post?
Yeah this is where a lot of people lost me. Since when is fighting the litmus test for athleticism lol like come on. Speed agility hand eye dexterity coordination ability to run jump lunge is what i consoder athletics. Not fighting.

Clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

In France, the best athletes play soccer. In America, the best athletes play basketball and football.

The best athlete in France is some manlet named Antoine?

Soccer is more popular because even the biggest shithole country can afford a soccer ball, not so much for football. The best athletes in the world play
football. To argue otherwise makes you look flagrantly biased.

You do know people from Europe, England, Mexico, the rest of the world, can't enter your NFl games? You are talking about people born into america. D level reading.

Found another A level super athlete, I imagine that since those quarterbacks are 'so fast' ' so explosive' that you need a man like this to be able to keep up with them.

That is not bodyfat you see, but A level athleticism that has been overstored because hes reeling with so much A levelness that he actually stores it like a regular person stores fat!

NFLFat.jpg
Ziggy ansah (ghana) , usi umeneyiora (london) , sebastian Volmer (germany), sebastian Janikowsi (poland) , morten Andersen (Denmark), Bronco Nagurski (Canada), Kairo Santos (Brazil) , Jay Ajayi ( UK), Stat Lotululei ( Tsonga) , Graham Gano (Scotland). Learn how to use fucking Google before making stupid points. Nobody is "not aloud" to play in the NFL.

You're confusing athleticism with cardio.

A starting NFL RB/WR/DB/LB is so far above any soccer/tennis player in overall athleticism it's not even worth making a thread about.

pretty ignorant

the top athletes from almost every country play soccer, the top athletes from 1 country play american football
therefore soccer is going to have a lot of extremely athletic people

That's exactly what I'm talking about...your complete ignorance on the wide variety of types of athletes in the NFL is the point I was making. "Skill" positions are like wide receiver, running back, Defensive ends etc. None of these guys are '300 pound behemoths' that would gas in 5 minutes. The weird idea that non-Americans seem to think every NFL player is a 6'2" 300+ pound dude with a beard is hilarious.
The thing is im yet to see a qb, wr, rb play both sides of the field defence and offence for 2 40 min spurts.

Theres guys sitting at 260 lbs in rugby playing under this sort of fatigue as we speak.in league the offence have 5 downs and then a punt which can be finished in under a minute 30..an nfl drive with timeouts and huddles can exceed 10 minutes easily and after the 4th down offences can go and sit down for a breather while defence takes overs.

Neither rugby union or rugby league are afforded this oppurtunity.

The thing is im yet to see a qb, wr, rb play both sides of the field defence and offence for 2 40 min spurts.

Theres guys sitting at 260 lbs in rugby playing under this sort of fatigue as we speak.in league the offence have 5 downs and then a punt which can be finished in under a minute 30..an nfl drive with timeouts and huddles can exceed 10 minutes easily and after the 4th down offences can go and sit down for a breather while defence takes overs.

Neither rugby union or rugby league are afforded this oppurtunity.
Dude. We've all seen rugby and soccer...those guys take "breathers" too. Just because there is no "stop in action" somewhere on the field doesn't mean they are running or exerting themselves the entire time lol. As to your opinion that a QB, wr etc playing full clip...most of these guys were multisport athletes since they were kids. Many of them played for multiple sports teams while in college. You might be surprised to find how many college/NFL level football players were running up and down the basketball court, for example, in the off-season of football. Not slagging off rugby players, that shit is awesome and intense. But you're fucking nuts if you look at some of these guys in the NFL and go "Ok, that's a different level".

the top athletes from almost every country play soccer,

"Most" and "top" are not the same thing though. There are a hell of a lot more people playing soccer than rugby in England for example, but no way in hell is the national soccer team more athletic than the national rugby team overall.

They were literally bred like dogs to be strong.

No they weren't, it's bullshit. Farm animals and pets get at least a litter a year that just needs another year to get sexually mature, they were also bred over thousands of years. Slavery just didn't last nearly long enough and owners didn't have actual reproductive control. Also, once again, why would they want "NFL athletic freaks" to do field labor? It's the opposite of what is needed.

A starting NFL RB/WR/DB/LB is so far above any soccer/tennis player in overall athleticism it's not even worth making a thread about.

thats just as silly as the OP's claims

Too many dumb euros think that cardio is 100% athleticism.
Soccer is a sport that is based on almost zero physical contact which results in diving all the time.

Football, boxing, rugby and hockey are the complete package in terms of athleticism.

Physicality + endurance + analytical aptitude

Just check out this ranking chart that ESPN did

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills?sort=total#grid

Makes perfect sense. Get the fuck outta here with soccer.

soccer = just cardio

learn something new every day

soccer = just cardio

learn something new every day
Soccer is more about cardio than athleticism though. Soccer players are not physical specimens that can do the physical things football and
Basketball ball players can. Basketball is a more global than the NFL and produces a better level athlete.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Its horses for courses.
Soccer players can’t do what NFL players do and vice versa.

Its like arguing who is better between Phelps and Bolt.
Totally different application of athletic ability.

Soccer is more about cardio than athleticism though. Soccer players are not physical specimens that can do the physical things.

They do need to be pretty fast and coordinated, but yeah, they lack in the size/strength department. An NFL cornerback, running back or wide receiver still has elite speed by soccer standards, but is also carrying a good 20+lbs more mass and is considerably stronger than the typical soccer speedster. NBA players have comparable speed, cardio and coordination to soccer players while being 6'7 etc.etc.

Lesnar never took part in the combine actually. The combine is for college players and by invitation only. Lesnar went into pro-wrestling after college.

He did, I've seen his numbers

Back