NFL suspends Tom Brady 4 games, fines Patriots $1M, strips team of '16 1st-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so gotten to over this issue, jesus.

Some people actually still think OJ murdered two people even after found innocent for murder.

He was never found innocent. He was found not guilty.

Is your argument that the evidence against Brady is as strong as the evidence against OJ? By the way, OJ lost the civil case, you know, the same type Brady just won. Thanks for playing.

blind-leading-the-blind.jpg
Cheatriot fans are blind. OJ is innocent. Ask the judge.

Old man rivers back with the OJ comparison like a weirdo.

Yeah, I'm not searching for the giant log between those two assistants just to show you that they very clearly allude to Brady's instruction to deflate balls, whether to an illegal extent or not. You can take that as a win for all I care.

Also, regarding your "it's scientifically proven" assertion (which I'm fairly sure has been debunked), it's my mistake for having forgotten that the Colts were traveling down to Miami for their offensive drives, whereas the Pats were staying put in Boston.

Ball1.png

myth3_discrepancy.PNG

Random reality shifts are crazy, huh.

Did the NFL ever actually produce logs of pregame logs of psi? It seemed like they never actually documented it, just provided assertions that it was done according to standard.

As a Packers fan what do you think of Rodgers overinflating the balls outside regulation rules?

I think if it were caught in game and balls were shown to be demonstrably different, I'd favor Rodgers being punished as well. However, I don't think over-inflation has the same collateral benefits as under-inflation does, namely the ability to grip the ball and sustain blows to it with less bouncing. If there's a philosophical problem I have with under-inflation, it's more with ball-handling than with anything relating to Brady's throws.

Does your chart take into account the PSI difference that is accounted for by the near 15 minutes after the Pats balls were tested the Colts balls were warming up before they were tested?

Rephrase.

I'd bring up the Aaron Rodgers quote but that's so trivial in this matter.

I think the footballs should be under lock and key. Only the NFL handles the football. Not any equipment people. Strictly NFL.

Yup, that seems practical indeed.

Did the NFL ever actually produce logs of pregame logs of psi? It seemed like they never actually documented it, just provided assertions that it was done according to standard.

What they did was this ...

They went on recollection. The guy in charge said he used the high reading gauge for pre game readings, so the high gauge reading should be used for halftime.

The Wells Report said no, you are wrong, you used the low gauge at pre game, so we need to use the low gauge at half time. This means Goodell is increasing the PSI difference by .3-.4 PSI with that one single trick.

It gets even funnier when they publicly use the high gauge half time readings for the Colts' balls, and the low gauge readings for the Pats balls.

I think if it were caught in game and balls were shown to be demonstrably different, I'd favor Rodgers being punished as well. However, I don't think over-inflation has the same collateral benefits as under-inflation does, namely the ability to grip the ball and sustain blows to it with less bouncing. If there's a philosophical problem I have with under-inflation, it's more with ball-handling than with anything relating to Brady's throws.
Rodgers flat out says it's an advantage for him, so your belief is meaningless and you are simply being a hypocrite in this situation. If overinflation is a benefit to QB A, and underinflation is beneficial to QB B, then QB A using overinflated balls is equally bad to QB B using underinflated balls.

Rephrase.
They tested the Pats balls right away, when they were still cold. They then adjusted the Pats balls. AFTER spending the entire halftime on the pats balls, they tested the Colts balls. They only had time to test 4 balls before they ran out of time. This means the Colts balls were inside warming up. It's a scientific fact that has a HUGE impact on PSI readings. I believe it was a minimum of 5-7 minutes the Colts balls had to warm up, the exact time they had to warm up is unknown.

The actual math comes out to be there is NO DIFFERENCE between Pats balls and Colts balls.
If we take the mean of all six hypothetical scenarios, the average Patriot ball is about 0.003 PSI below where it should be at the time of measurement relative to the Colt balls.
http://www.backpicks.com/2015/05/22/the-statistical-improbability-of-deflate-gate/

Also read if you care ...
http://www.backpicks.com/2015/05/20/follow-up-the-evidence-for-non-tampering-in-2-pictures/

The evidence supports zero tampering. The evidence can not support tampering unless you intentionally fudge it to support what you want to support. 90% of all statistics are made up.

The deflator comment was made in the beginning of May 2014. We know Brady liked his footballs on the lower end of the PSI spectrum, so it is likely that the equipment managers deflated balls sometimes or quite often.

Forgot that you posted this shit on the same page huh...?

When did Brady ever indicate that he liked the footballs deflated below the allowed limit?

Forgot that you posted this shit on the same page huh...?

His comments were 100% consistent, your comprehension is lacking.

Lower end of the spectrum: 12.5 PSI
Below the allowed limit: 12.4PSI or less

Brady has indicated he likes his balls close to 12.5PSI, he has never indicated he likes it below that. Hope you understand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back